Sponsored

So is this just my life now?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I am all for modern tech but if you want a serious fleet of EVs you better find a better way to produce tones of cheap power, get ready to mine more minerals than have ever been mined in history, prepare for more intense car crashes and deaths as EVs are very heavy and then work out what to do with the old batteries. Second hand cars will be nearly worthless as the buyer will need to soon replace the battery and as mentioned, disposal of old batteries is a problem all itā€™s own. Batteries are a very inefficient means of storing power. Hydrogen is the only real solution for the future.
Ain't none of that going happen. There will be issues specific to EVs just like there are issues specific to gas powered cars. But it is not going to be all a disaster like you're making it out to be. Simply put, you don't like EVs. Fabricating some ultimate disaster scenario just to justify your discontent for them is a bit much. There are literally thousands of gallons of gasoline moving around in 2 ton vehicles traveling at 60+ MPH on any given highway. Using your exaggeration I could propose that these are all missiles and when they crash there will be fiery explosions and entire roadways are going to be destroyed.
Sponsored

2020VUDU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
All because they're faster than you? So if they were slower then would you still do all this?

One, read my statement again. Most mustangs.

I think you donā€™t know your cars very well. This is not the fastest thing off the line. Pound for pound, stock for stock; always do a roll race.

I find it funny that when people race and beat faster (stock to stock) or more expensive cars then it's all talk about how they embarrassed the guy or they beat a car that costs over twice as much. But when the discussion is about a faster car that a person can't beat then it turns into how they bought the car for their own enjoyment and they don't care who is faster than them. You make these statements but here we are in the VS section.
Two, it has nothing do with slower or faster cars. I did buy the mustang for one reason; pure driving experience

If I was all about speed I would keep these cars. Especially, M5 CS, which smokes just about everything out there.

19656F83-A631-4D8C-A708-6FCF586455E9.jpeg

90693D2F-F801-4B0A-B426-397F911F37CD.jpeg

8EEAC84E-4DB0-447C-8FD9-FD8739107022.jpeg

3418F808-6E65-4110-98E0-2495B52C5022.jpeg

4469C121-9D1E-48F8-83DE-AA648C5B3540.jpeg

10ECCA68-6919-4B9C-9E5B-96DEE0B61A3F.jpeg

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Iā€™m right. Youā€™re wrong. Letā€™s move on. šŸ˜Ž

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two, it has nothing do with slower or faster cars. I did buy the mustang for one reason; pure driving experience

If I was all about speed I would keep these cars. Especially, M5 CS, which smokes just about everything out there.

19656F83-A631-4D8C-A708-6FCF586455E9.jpeg

90693D2F-F801-4B0A-B426-397F911F37CD.jpeg

8EEAC84E-4DB0-447C-8FD9-FD8739107022.jpeg

3418F808-6E65-4110-98E0-2495B52C5022.jpeg

4469C121-9D1E-48F8-83DE-AA648C5B3540.jpeg

10ECCA68-6919-4B9C-9E5B-96DEE0B61A3F.jpeg
For starters, get your quotes and replies correct. I did not write what you quoted. You must have somehow screwed up the quotes and copy/pasted something else into my quotes.

Second, if that is how you feel then one of us are on the wrong thread. I could have sworn this thread was about people wanting to race against a Mustang owner. And I could have sworn I mentioned objective data such as the Tesla Plaid being faster stock for stock than a GT. So where or how some subjective info about your driving experience factored into all this when I never mentioned anything opinionated or anything about your opinion is beyond me. Moving on, you enjoy your Mustang for how it drives and could care less about who or what is faster. Cool. Doesn't change the fact that the Plaid is faster. We have nothing more to discuss.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nearly every time I drive the mustang someone in a full sized pickup or 20 second car wants to race.
Right on regarding pickups and 20 second cars. Happens frequently with those and various small boxes/sedans, such as Hondas and Altimas (you know whose driving those).

Happens more more with my red C7 Z06 Corvette, except I've upped the hp to 710. A bigger waste of time for me to do anything with these fools th.an in my '19 GT350 which weighs some 200 lbs more, with 550 hp (upgraded). I bought the GT350 for its track and winding road capability, obviously not drag racing the way its Voodoo engine puts out power, and no interest in racing a GT500 as it's over 600 lbs heavier than my C7.

Pickups are really slow by comparison, and a gigantic waste given their hp to weight stats.
I know as I have a newish 3/4 ton. Never could understand why pickups think they can outrun our type of cars - beyond comprehension actually.

But, of course, I do know why, both with trucks and foreign sedans. Know those owners inside and out. Could provide a disertation on the subject but cannot get into it here for obvious reasons.
A clue - I grew up drag racing in NYC during the '60's/'70's in a vast variety of neighborhoods.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ain't none of that going happen. There will be issues specific to EVs just like there are issues specific to gas powered cars. But it is not going to be all a disaster like you're making it out to be. Simply put, you don't like EVs. Fabricating some ultimate disaster scenario just to justify your discontent for them is a bit much. There are literally thousands of gallons of gasoline moving around in 2 ton vehicles traveling at 60+ MPH on any given highway. Using your exaggeration I could propose that these are all missiles and when they crash there will be fiery explosions and entire roadways are going to be destroyed.
You clearly no little about the facts of power and battery production. half the world is short on power now so where the fā€¦ is all the extra supply going to come from. Itā€™s not true that I donā€™t like EV but as an EV is 30-50% heavier than itā€™s ICE brother, In any crash it will be a bigger hit. That is just a fact.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You clearly no little about the facts of power and battery production. half the world is short on power now so where the fā€¦ is all the extra supply going to come from. Itā€™s not true that I donā€™t like EV but as an EV is 30-50% heavier than itā€™s ICE brother, In any crash it will be a bigger hit. That is just a fact.
I'm soo scared.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Right on regarding pickups and 20 second cars. Happens frequently with those and various small boxes/sedans, such as Hondas and Altimas (you know whose driving those).

Happens more more with my red C7 Z06 Corvette, except I've upped the hp to 710. A bigger waste of time for me to do anything with these fools th.an in my '19 GT350 which weighs some 200 lbs more, with 550 hp (upgraded). I bought the GT350 for its track and winding road capability, obviously not drag racing the way its Voodoo engine puts out power, and no interest in racing a GT500 as it's over 600 lbs heavier than my C7.

Pickups are really slow by comparison, and a gigantic waste given their hp to weight stats.
I know as I have a newish 3/4 ton. Never could understand why pickups think they can outrun our type of cars - beyond comprehension actually.

But, of course, I do know why, both with trucks and foreign sedans. Know those owners inside and out. Could provide a disertation on the subject but cannot get into it here for obvious reasons.
A clue - I grew up drag racing in NYC during the '60's/'70's in a vast variety of neighborhoods.
South conduit by JFK for money? šŸ˜‚

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
EV the new industry joke, as with the one about bolts right on...

The big FAT white elephant in the room is simply this. Infrastructure (support) is not there and will not be for a long friggin time.

Another plus for the EV is the time it takes to fill the tank so to speak.............. hours NOT minutes.

This must be known and is repeatedly ignored. Or are folks just so used to being gaslighted they accept anything new and LMAO improved?

Speed one can only basically drive the limits. Idiots out here now can not drive what they have.

So yes let's give them something with faster acceleration to speed up the crashes, seems so logical donut. (SP)

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV the new industry joke, as with the one about bolts right on...

The big FAT white elephant in the room is simply this. Infrastructure (support) is not there and will not be for a long friggin time.

Another plus for the EV is the time it takes to fill the tank so to speak.............. hours NOT minutes.

This must be known and is repeatedly ignored. Or are folks just so used to being gaslighted they accept anything new and LMAO improved?

Speed one can only basically drive the limits. Idiots out here now can not drive what they have.

So yes let's give them something with faster acceleration to speed up the crashes, seems so logical donut. (SP)
It's not a "white elephant". It's an over used over exaggerated theory based on nothing that people like yourself have been repeating over and over again. Other of your greatest hits include "it takes too long to charge", "I like the exhaust sound of my V8", "wah wah wah". At this point there is no use in even discussing it any further. Believe what you want. Your belief won't change a thing. As much as you want to pout and proclaim planetary disaster, everyone knows none of that is gonna happen. Even you know it deep down although you don't want to admit it. And I am satisfied with that.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's not a "white elephant". It's an over used over exaggerated theory based on nothing that people like yourself have been repeating over and over again. Other of your greatest hits include "it takes too long to charge", "I like the exhaust sound of my V8", "wah wah wah". At this point there is no use in even discussing it any further. Believe what you want. Your belief won't change a thing. As much as you want to pout and proclaim planetary disaster, everyone knows none of that is gonna happen. Even you know it deep down although you don't want to admit it. And I am satisfied with that.
Itā€™s not a theory when states have to institute rolling blackouts and request itā€™s citizens limit power usage because the grid canā€™t handle the demand(see California). See also Texasā€™ power grid during that winter storm. It failed and in some areas was down for days. And areas hit hard by natural disasters where the power could be down for days or weeks? Again, these arenā€™t theories, they actually happen.

These arenā€™t some theories to bash EV, they are real life occurrences and adding millions of EV to the electrical grid will only make those actual events worse (and probably more widespread).

I dont hate EV, I hate the rate at which itā€™s being forced upon the market. And personally I think fuel cell is a better alternative to EV if fossil fuels have to go away at some point (thatā€™s a whole other discussion that has nothing to do with this particular thread).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You're gaslighting your own self-proclaiming. To have even the slightest bit of knowledge as to what I think. even after you read it.............. so pathetic.

You can deny the facts all day every day, "repeating over and over again." you're trying to convince your inner being, are you? LMAO

ROCK on

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Itā€™s not a theory when states have to institute rolling blackouts and request itā€™s citizens limit power usage because the grid canā€™t handle the demand(see California). See also Texasā€™ power grid during that winter storm. It failed and in some areas was down for days. And areas hit hard by natural disasters where the power could be down for days or weeks? Again, these arenā€™t theories, they actually happen.

These arenā€™t some theories to bash EV, they are real life occurrences and adding millions of EV to the electrical grid will only make those actual events worse (and probably more widespread).

I dont hate EV, I hate the rate at which itā€™s being forced upon the market. And personally I think fuel cell is a better alternative to EV if fossil fuels have to go away at some point (thatā€™s a whole other discussion that has nothing to do with this particular thread).
Just remember there is a world outside the US where infrastructure investment goes on and EV roll out is much quicker. FCEV is just another step along the road but again needs infrastructure. Some countries have made EV's work in a big way so it is clearly possible.
Sponsored