Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Y,A,H, your new ride looks awesome. The faster seat of pants feeling is due to the 3:73's. That's a lot of car their my friend stay safe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I like the base wheels as well, as you say,that old school look. I bought them for my “ancient” 15 GT PP.
B7BFA501-5F85-451B-8BDD-896A0090CC67.jpeg
Man those look great on your car!

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the look of your car and the color combo is nice. I think it was a good move in that if you like manuals, having a Tremec will probably be trouble-free. And yes, gears definitely make a difference as I have a mere base GT A10 with 3.15 gears and while it's stronger than any Mustang I've had in the past, I can imagine what it would be like with better gears (acceleration anyway). But I do love the great MPG I get with it as most everyone else has less MPG and their cars are slower than mine. Enjoy that Mach 1; I wish I had the coins to have gotten one but perhaps it's best I didn't considering I'll be 70 in a couple of months. :clap:
I also have ‘20 GT A10 with 3.15s. If you’re running stock tires that may very well just be the fastest combination! Just enough wheelspin to let the power develop but not so much as to cost you time on a pull. I think the combination of stock tires with the A10‘s torque multiplication might be slower with 3.55s or 3.73s due to wheelspin.

Just 70? Still a pup! I got a few years on you but I ain’t slowing down any. On the road anyway.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I also have ‘20 GT A10 with 3.15s. If you’re running stock tires that may very well just be the fastest combination! Just enough wheelspin to let the power develop but not so much as to cost you time on a pull. I think the combination of stock tires with the A10‘s torque multiplication might be slower with 3.55s or 3.73s due to wheelspin.

Just 70? Still a pup! I got a few years on you but I ain’t slowing down any. On the road anyway.
That's funny (70 a pup) but maybe not as I had to wait until I retired before I could buy my car. Anyway, once we move to the mainland, I'll be able to open her up more than on an island. Also love the higher speed limits there so I can make use of the power. I would think that even with the higher gear ratios it would be better since the traction control would limit the wheel spin anyway. And yes, my car is bone stock model with only the safety package as an option which I love as I don't have to keep canceling cruise control when I get close to a car in front. I'm hoping to be able to handle the car for another 15-20 years before physical limitations set in.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I’m still scratching my head as to how it can handle better than the GT yet at the same time have better ride quality. I’ll add that this is in track mode only, which is how I roll it. I haven’t so much as tried any other mode.

I guess it must be down to the Magneride? Is the Magneride completely passive in it‘s operation? I don’t see any way to turn it on/off, control or adjust it, etc. I wouldn’t know it was there except for the window sticker.
When you change the drive mode from Normal to Track or any of the others it changes the Magneride programming as well as the engine(throttle) response and in the automatics the shifting as well I beleive. That's how I understand it works. Normal would be for a more comfortable ride where Track will stiffen up some. So Magneride is always on. Be nice if you could select engine and suspension modes separately.

Sponsored

Stayclassy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium A10

I'd like to contest this suggestion that a a10 3.55 is slower based on the major reviewers have found the a10 pp1 cars (3.55 stock) are the only ones that break into the 3.9-4.1 range for 0-60 whereas the base a10 GT's (3.15 stock) clock around 4.5-4.6 for 0-60. The tricky part is what portion of that performance gain is from the tire compound and what is from the gear, but any traction issues that those cars had are not costing it performance compared to a non-pp1 in a timed setting. Not entirely sure if that's tested on a prepped surface but i'm thinking no as that would be pretty unfair and also I was able to replicate within .1 or .2 of their 0-60 a10 non perf pack time.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to contest this suggestion that a a10 3.55 is slower based on the major reviewers have found the a10 pp1 cars (3.55 stock) are the only ones that break into the 3.9-4.1 range for 0-60 whereas the base a10 GT's (3.15 stock) clock around 4.5-4.6 for 0-60. The tricky part is what portion of that performance gain is from the tire compound and what is from the gear, but any traction issues that those cars had are not costing it performance compared to a non-pp1 in a timed setting. Not entirely sure if that's tested on a prepped surface but i'm thinking no as that would be pretty unfair and also I was able to replicate within .1 or .2 of their 0-60 a10 non perf pack time.
You raise a good and valid point.

I was thinking in terms of two identical GTs with the exact same tires only one with the standard 3.15s and the other running the optional 3.55s. I based my speculation on thinking that any more wheelspin than I already get with 3.15s would be counterproductive to measured time.

Stayclassy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium A10
You raise a good and valid point.

I was thinking in terms of two identical GTs with the exact same tires only one with the standard 3.15s and the other running the optional 3.55s. I based my speculation on thinking that any more wheelspin than I already get with 3.15s would be counterproductive to measured time.
It's on my mind a lot because i'm leaning towards buying the ford performance 3.55 non torsen rear diff and expecting more oomph out of my car. I test drove an auto mach 1 but didn't have a chance to make heads or tales if I can feel any increased performance. The clueless salesman in the passenger seat was taking my attention away.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Staying NA with a A10, go 3.55
Add Boost 3.15

Nuff Said…..
Sponsored