Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have made this comment several times. Gulfstream Aqua would be beautiful on a Mach 1. My first car was a 68 that color.
Especially with the metallics these days. It would be gorgeous. And with white seats.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
That work also. I just remember many of my Friends having cars back then in a maroon And I thought it along with the lighter interior colors avail. back then looked awesome. might not work as goood today with interior colors being black and black, and black with superbright red

Thumpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
*While you can tell they’re in the same family, the overall feel is completely different from the GT. Time will tell
Agreed. My son had a 2017 Cali Special GT and I recently had a 2019 Grand Sport Vette. When I test drove my Mach 1, it felt more like the Vette than the GT. My other son was the salesman, and 30 seconds into the test drive I said, I’ll take it.”

Deleted member 69033

…and traded in my 4 month old, 900 mile 301a base GT coupe on a new ‘22 700a manual Mach 1. It will share the garage with my ’20 A10 GT convertible.

It isn’t that I didn’t like the new GT. I liked it a lot. But I spent a lot of tIme thinking about what all I wanted to do to it to make it perfect, when in fact the Mach 1 doesn’t need anything. Call it taking a bit of a bath for peace of mind; all I want to do with the M1 is drive it.

I put about 180 miles on it today, and have some real quick first impressions:

*It feels a lot faster and quicker than the GT, and the GT was already a strong runner. Maybe it’s a combination of the extra 20 HP, 3.73 gears vs 3.55s and different ratios in the Tremec.

*It‘s one really great handling car but somehow still manages a nice ride quality.

*Even though it’s nicely equipped they ordered it with the standard wheels. I’m starting to like them a lot. They seem somewhat old school to me.

*While you can tell they’re in the same family, the overall feel is completely different from the GT. Time will tell.

Here’s a couple pics:

6B814D13-FF3D-4691-A1DF-44820CF5FE39.jpeg
22EB1D74-65AE-4C50-A27B-5D876F99DB13.jpeg
25FA374D-8C48-4CD5-B456-DD17E5CFC048.jpeg
Me when I saw your car....
e94841d4-3f71-40be-8056-8f91bfd9748f_text.gif

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Agreed. My son had a 2017 Cali Special GT and I recently had a 2019 Grand Sport Vette. When I test drove my Mach 1, it felt more like the Vette than the GT. My other son was the salesman, and 30 seconds into the test drive I said, I’ll take it.”
This right here is true. Somehow it’s a whole different car from the GT, which IMO is a great car in it‘s own right. I drove my new ‘22 GT to the dealership to trade in then an hour later I drove the ‘22 Mach 1 home. Both 6MTs. I was really surprised and I’d only be guessing to tell you why but they’re way different. Even sound different with both in track mode.

Sponsored

Stayclassy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium A10
I bet when you had him, you never thought he'd be selling you a 60k mustang one day :D

I agree the base wheels are nice. I think your point about them seeming old school is intentional on ford's part. Just like the classic badging, the vinyl graphics, and the faux fog housings in the front grille, it all comes together in terms of retro appeal versus the other spoilers and wheels this car is available with.

Please consider the mach 1 real hood scoop, and the nicer real metal louvers for the back glass, that would look phenomenal on this car more so than any of the other s550 packages offered.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
This right here is true. Somehow it’s a whole different car from the GT, which IMO is a great car in it‘s own right. I drove my new ‘22 GT to the dealership to trade in then an hour later I drove the ‘22 Mach 1 home. Both 6MTs. I was really surprised and I’d only be guessing to tell you why but they’re way different. Even sound different with both in track mode.
I agree the base wheels are nice. I think your point about them seeming old school is intentional on ford's part. Just like the classic badging, the vinyl graphics, and the faux fog housings in the front grille, it all comes together in terms of retro appeal versus the other spoilers and wheels this car is available with.

Please consider the mach 1 real hood scoop, and the nicer real metal louvers for the back glass, that would look phenomenal on this car more so than any of the other s550 packages offered.
I bet when you had him, you never thought he'd be selling you a 60k mustang one day :D

100% correct. For me it was the choice of retro Mach 1 or more GT350 replacement version of the Mach 1. I like retro. Nothing wrong with either.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
…and traded in my 4 month old, 900 mile 301a base GT coupe on a new ‘22 700a manual Mach 1. It will share the garage with my ’20 A10 GT convertible.

It isn’t that I didn’t like the new GT. I liked it a lot. But I spent a lot of tIme thinking about what all I wanted to do to it to make it perfect, when in fact the Mach 1 doesn’t need anything. Call it taking a bit of a bath for peace of mind; all I want to do with the M1 is drive it.

*It feels a lot faster and quicker than the GT, and the GT was already a strong runner. Maybe it’s a combination of the extra 20 HP, 3.73 gears vs 3.55s and different ratios in the Tremec.

*It‘s one really great handling car but somehow still manages a nice ride quality.

*Even though it’s nicely equipped they ordered it with the standard wheels. I’m starting to like them a lot. They seem somewhat old school to me.

*While you can tell they’re in the same family, the overall feel is completely different from the GT. Time will tell.

Here’s a couple pics:

Beautiful!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The standard wheels say Mach 1, the color scheme of them ties in perfectly to the package and they are wider than the PP1 wheels befitting the Mach 1. I like them a lot.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I was just as surprised as how different the cars felt, for me the biggest difference over the GT is actually comfort and road feel. When compared with GT cars, even GT PP1s, the tuning on the magnaride for the M1 feels better. My butt says it soaks up bumps better in normal mode, and the backend feels more planted under spirited driving, the M1 handling inspires a lot more confidence.

I have had several passengers, who are not performance car people compliment on its comfort.

Sponsored
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I was just as surprised as how different the cars felt, for me the biggest difference over the GT is actually comfort and road feel. When compared with GT cars, even GT PP1s, the tuning on the magnaride for the M1 feels better. My butt says it soaks up bumps better in normal mode, and the backend feels more planted under spirited driving, the M1 handling inspires a lot more confidence.

I have had several passengers, who are not performance car people compliment on its comfort.
I’m still scratching my head as to how it can handle better than the GT yet at the same time have better ride quality. I’ll add that this is in track mode only, which is how I roll it. I haven’t so much as tried any other mode.

I guess it must be down to the Magneride? Is the Magneride completely passive in it‘s operation? I don’t see any way to turn it on/off, control or adjust it, etc. I wouldn’t know it was there except for the window sticker.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I’m still scratching my head as to how it can handle better than the GT yet at the same time have better ride quality. I’ll add that this is in track mode only, which is how I roll it. I haven’t so much as tried any other mode.

I guess it must be down to the Magneride? Is the Magneride completely passive in it‘s operation? I don’t see any way to turn it on/off, control or adjust it, etc. I wouldn’t know it was there except for the window sticker.
Don't forget the GT500 subframe and toelink which is equipped on Mach 1 cars.

I'm skeptical when manufactures claim things like "unique magneride tuning"... but in this case, something is different, some special sauce was added.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport

Here’s a couple pics:

Love the look of your car and the color combo is nice. I think it was a good move in that if you like manuals, having a Tremec will probably be trouble-free. And yes, gears definitely make a difference as I have a mere base GT A10 with 3.15 gears and while it's stronger than any Mustang I've had in the past, I can imagine what it would be like with better gears (acceleration anyway). But I do love the great MPG I get with it as most everyone else has less MPG and their cars are slower than mine. Enjoy that Mach 1; I wish I had the coins to have gotten one but perhaps it's best I didn't considering I'll be 70 in a couple of months. :clap:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

Tires also play a big role.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

I like the base wheels as well, as you say,that old school look. I bought them for my “ancient” 15 GT PP.
B7BFA501-5F85-451B-8BDD-896A0090CC67.jpeg
Sponsored