Sponsored

So, I finally got to test drive the GT. It's out for me.(or maybe not?)

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Seems to be a problem with virtually every driver around here, regardless of brand. I'm more surprised when I actually see one than not. :lol:
I think you're right... I've noticed it's more of a gender issue than brand.

Maybe only women drive BMWs? I kid, I kid! I was cross shopping with a 328i M Sport myself.
Sponsored

hangover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i or S550 cant decide !!!
M235i is $47,450 you didn't add the premium package.
The Mustang 400A is the Premium and includes the leather/heated seats too.

Mustang is < 40k.
BMW is bordering on 50k.

OP
OP

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
I think you're right... I've noticed it's more of a gender issue than brand.

Maybe only women drive BMWs? I kid, I kid! I was cross shopping with a 328i M Sport myself.
Personally I think it's mostly a perception issue. People don't think twice when the soccer mom in her minivan does it, but when Mr. Douche-bag in his leased 528i does it, the claws come out.

For me, I find people in diesel trucks with loud exhausts extremely irritating, but don't have a major issue with a loud exhaust on a sports car or bike. Not sure why that is, but it just is.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Personally I think it's mostly a perception issue. People don't think twice when the soccer mom in her minivan does it, but when Mr. Douche-bag in his leased 528i does it, the claws come out.

For me, I find people in diesel trucks with loud exhausts extremely irritating, but don't have a major issue with a loud exhaust on a sports car or bike. Not sure why that is, but it just is.
I hear that... We actually have a diesel festival that comes here once a year in the summer. The entire town is filled with black smoke and obnoxiously loud trucks for a week. Needless to say, I avoid it like the plague.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Some people are taking these comments personally. Why...
I just find it funny that his main complaint is that its not losing control and throwing him around....if you want that there are plenty of 2014s left if that's the "thing that's missing"

Idk I can't take someone serious who doesn't like a car due to refinement...hell maybe its a driver mod...

Like I said due to his responses he wasn't serious about a Mustang in the first place...Helen Keller could see that. [emoji44]

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Like I said who cares. If you think a BMW is better go get one.
Someone on here said they didn't want Mustang because they don't like the FMT. Good for you buy something else. I cant see not getting a car because you don't like FMT. My phone NAV does all I need. I don't need cameras to back a car up either.

But that's what great about America. We have choices. I hope they still have Comp Orange when I can trade my 13 for one.

If Money was no factor I would get a Comp Orange Viper.

I find it amusing that someone posts on a Mustang forum about why they don't want to get one. Just get a BMW and get on the BMW forum and discuss pork belly futures and ask what these "Turn signal things are for"
Life's too short to be in a MUSTANG forum telling people that you don't want a MUSTANG. In my opinion. I could be wrong. It happened once in 1978.

hangover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i or S550 cant decide !!!
X-Plan price on a GT PP 400A $36K. Over 10k less easy than comparable M235i.
No need to pay for a $5-10K trip to Europe either.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Always happens.

On the bright side a lot of folks make a good living on selling some of the hate on other cars bumper & window stickers. (That & BMW folks are mostly all hair dressers and they get pretty touchy).

:)
I think the BMW's and hairdressers meme is pretty funny, because it implies that hairdressers can afford BMWs, which is generally probably false.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Always happens.

On the bright side a lot of folks make a good living on selling some of the hate on other cars bumper & window stickers. (That & BMW folks are mostly all hair dressers and they get pretty touchy).

:)
I just find it funny that his main complaint is that its not losing control and throwing him around....if you want that there are plenty of 2014s left if that's the "thing that's missing"

Idk I can't take someone serious who doesn't like a car due to refinement...hell maybe its a driver mod...

Like I said due to his responses he wasn't serious about a Mustang in the first place...Helen Keller could see that. [emoji44]
His driving style certainly sounds like it would specifically cater to the F22's qualities. So whether he thinks it's a superior car is up to him and doesn't affect any of our opinions. I don't agree with everything he says, but I can see where he's coming from. A test drive in a 228i/235i will show you that there's a formidable package hiding inside.

Dimensions aside, which is where I'm seeing the majority of his complaints coming from, I think his opinions are on the extreme end of the spectrum. Having driven both of these cars myself, the M235i is hardly a canyon leap in driving dynamics. It's simply a different car; much shorter wheel base, narrower, smaller overhangs, lighter weight, etc. Does that make it the better driver overall? No, but it might suit OP's driving style or the settings where he will be driving.

The S550 is near-perfect for me right now. And it sounds like it is for everyone else on this forum too. Nothing's going to put a damper on that. :)

Someone on here said they didn't want Mustang because they don't like the FMT. Good for you buy something else. I cant see not getting a car because you don't like FMT. My phone NAV does all I need. I don't need cameras to back a car up either.

But that's what great about America. We have choices. I hope they still have Comp Orange when I can trade my 13 for one.

I find it amusing that someone posts on a Mustang forum about why they don't want to get one. Just get a BMW and get on the BMW forum and discuss pork belly futures and ask what these "Turn signal things are for"
Life's too short to be in a MUSTANG forum telling people that you don't want a MUSTANG. In my opinion. I could be wrong. It happened once in 1978.
He's been an active member for the past five months, so I don't see what the problem is with him voicing an opinion that goes against the grain. I find these kinds of things more interesting than the usual glowing hyperbole. As much as I like to see a bunch of like-minded people throwing praise over a car, it's refreshing to see a different side of things (even if you or I don't wholly agree with it).

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

I find it amusing when someone gets bent out of shape because something was posted on a public forum that they don't think is relevant.

I also find stereotyping pretty funny as well.

I for one appreciate OP's opinion.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the BMW's and hairdressers meme is pretty funny, because it implies that hairdressers can afford BMWs, which is generally probably false.
I've seen that shit directed at me so many times that it's just white noise at this point.

"break my wallet"
"chick car"
"badge whore"
"small dick"
"durr, do you know what a turn signal is"
"you must be an asshole driver"
"do you know how cars work"
"BMW drivers are the worst I see on the road"

It gets ignored at this point. One of the reasons I can't wait to get a Mustang is the miraculous transformation I will undergo. I'll finally be a good driver! I can finally solve the mystery that is the turn signal stalk!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
His driving style certainly sounds like it would specifically cater to the F22's qualities. So whether he thinks it's a superior car is up to him and doesn't affect any of our opinions. I don't agree with everything he says, but I can see where he's coming from. A test drive in a 228i/235i will show you that there's a formidable package hiding inside.

Dimensions aside, which is where I'm seeing the majority of his complaints coming from, I think his opinions are on the extreme end of the spectrum. Having driven both of these cars myself, the M235i is hardly a canyon leap in driving dynamics. It's simply a different car; much shorter wheel base, narrower, smaller overhangs, lighter weight, etc. Does that make it the better driver overall? No, but it might suit OP's driving style or the settings where he will be driving.

The S550 is near-perfect for me right now. And it sounds like it is for everyone else on this forum too. Nothing's going to put a damper on that. :)

He's been an active member for the past five months, so I don't see what the problem is with him voicing an opinion that goes against the grain. I find these kinds of things more interesting than the usual glowing hyperbole. As much as I like to see a bunch of like-minded people throwing praise over a car, it's refreshing to see a different side of things (even if you or I don't wholly agree with it).
Lmao. "Canyon Jump" all I could think of was Homer jumping the canyon and slamming down the cliff side.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1

I'm always interested in hearing from folks who have tried out more cars than I have and why they decide one way or the other, particularly with respect to the S550. I can't think of much more relevant info for forum members like myself actually, who are still shopping for a car with the Mustang at the top of their list. I'm definitely cross-shopping the 2 series as well (though probably the 228i).

I should add though that when it comes to comparing the GT to the 228i, it's really a no-brainer in favor of the V8 IMO. Unfortunately for me I just have to compare on cost as much or more than on features and performance.

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
I've seen that shit directed at me so many times that it's just white noise at this point.

"break my wallet"
"chick car"
"badge whore"
"small dick"
"durr, do you know what a turn signal is"
"you must be an asshole driver"
"do you know how cars work"
"BMW drivers are the worst I see on the road"

It gets ignored at this point. One of the reasons I can't wait to get a Mustang is the miraculous transformation I will undergo. I'll finally be a good driver! I can finally solve the mystery that is the turn signal stalk!
You can now look forward to the carefree life of Fix Or Replace Daily, Found On the Road Dead, and the occasional redneck joke :).

There is no refuge except maybe if you drive a pickup. Everybody could use a good pickup truck.
Sponsored