Sponsored

So I bought my first American car...and proud of it!

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Since I recently moved to Michigan from the east coast, and work for Ford, I really wanted to buy a Ford product. I have been a BMW guy pretty much since high school but have loved Fords products. The fact that they've been doing so well in the last couple years without any government intervention is a plus for me. I really had no intention of buying a mustang - I went back and forth between an F-150 and an Escape. The escape was too boring and I threw that out the window. The F-150 was awesome and would have been a nice change of pace, but they are too expensive and pointless for me. I actually put a deposit on a red 2012 GT 5.0 base with 18" wheels + halogens + auto + 45K miles, but I went the next day and the dealer would not budge from $24K + taxes, plus 4% APR. Kind of put a downer in my day.

Until I walked to the new sales section and ended up picking one of these:

2016 Ecoboost, 6MT, 19" wheels. That's it. I got it for $24.5K+taxes. 3% APR. I fell in love with the new design, new interior, the black exterior. I will miss the 5.0, but this car impressed me for the price. I can't think of any car less than 25K that has as much performance, style, and character. I think this car is one of the best looking cars around. Not to mention repping my company. A GT would have been out of my price range (and a new one was never on my radar) because I also have this as a fun car to take care of too:

Got the AWD sedan for the winter. Tuned and modified. Got my American sports coupe for all the other days. Will be tuned and lowered eventually. I am very proud to own a Ford, proud to own a Mustang, and excited for the mods.
Sponsored

Last edited:

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
that is the best looking blackout on a new 3 I have ever seen, very nice touches

oh yea, congrats on the mustang haha

Sponsored

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Good taste in cars. Congrats and welcome. I'm also a new american sports car owner. I've always been a 350z 370z owner and until I sat in the new gen mustang. I couldn't resist.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Looks good, the BMW looks great as well. :cheers: Welcome

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
My Stang is my first American car as well, and it makes me proud to finally be able to wave the flag on the Autobahn:usa:

Stang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Mine is also my first American car and if they keep pumping out exciting cars like this it won't be my last.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I like the wheels.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Congrats! I actually traded from an F30 to a GT, which one do you have?

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everybody for the compliments - the exterior and interior are what really sold me on the car. The 19s really set it off.

Oh and this definitely won't be my last mustang. I'm a Ford Fan and I think I'm hooked on Mustangs now just like BMWs.

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! I actually traded from an F30 to a GT, which one do you have?
328I Msport, Xdrive. 8AT. It's got a BMS JB4, ER Catless DP, AA exhaust, Injen CAI, Dinan Springs, DHP Shockware, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. It's dyno'd on a mustang dyno at 265 AWHP/290 AWTQ.

As a comparison to the S550, it is quicker (now). Stock the stang is quicker. I expect the mustang to beat it with the cobb tune. Handling, I have to say the F30 feels very planted. The mustang is a bit more floaty - but again better than the F30 was stock. I expect with springs for the mustang to feel less floaty. Oh and MPSS are a fantastic tire on my BMW.

Overall 2 fun cars, but there is no doubt that the BMW is not as good a value as the Mustang.
Sponsored