Sponsored

So I bought my first American car...and proud of it!

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Looks great!
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Looks great. Love the blackout package on the EB. SMH on the dealer asking that much for a '12.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
328I Msport, Xdrive. 8AT. It's got a BMS JB4, ER Catless DP, AA exhaust, Injen CAI, Dinan Springs, DHP Shockware, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. It's dyno'd on a mustang dyno at 265 AWHP/290 AWTQ.

As a comparison to the S550, it is quicker (now). Stock the stang is quicker. I expect the mustang to beat it with the cobb tune. Handling, I have to say the F30 feels very planted. The mustang is a bit more floaty - but again better than the F30 was stock. I expect with springs for the mustang to feel less floaty. Oh and MPSS are a fantastic tire on my BMW.

Overall 2 fun cars, but there is no doubt that the BMW is not as good a value as the Mustang.
Very cool :) I had a 335i drive, and basically kept it stock. It was a beast in winter with snow tires! I definitely miss the creature comforts in the BMW - like HUD, iDrive/tech features, and heated steering wheel. It was definitely a quick car, but didn't do it for me.

Enjoy the Mustang! :D

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Don't usually care for the black cars but yours just made me rethink that! Very nice!

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Congratulations with your new ride ! Great car and wish you lot's of fun. Just bought one myself last week. I had a black 2008 GT Premium but was forced to sell it in 2010 when my company sent me back to Europe.
Just returned to the US since a couple of weeks and this time I went for the orange 2016 GT Pr PP. Just love that car, it's great to be back in the USA.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Don't usually care for the black cars but yours just made me rethink that! Very nice!
Thank you. I know how notoriously difficult black cars are to maintain. This is my first one - it was the only color I wanted because I saw a black S550 GT on the street one day and it really caught me off guard how beautiful is.

Congratulations with your new ride ! Great car and wish you lot's of fun. Just bought one myself last week. I had a black 2008 GT Premium but was forced to sell it in 2010 when my company sent me back to Europe.
Just returned to the US since a couple of weeks and this time I went for the orange 2016 GT Pr PP. Just love that car, it's great to be back in the USA.
Thank you. I am originally from NJ too! I feel your pain, I am going to Canada for 1 month for a short work assignment and am going to sorely miss my cars. Hoping to come back on the weekends to drive them.

However having the company pick up all my costs will leave me some mod money when I come back :headbang::headbang:.

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
Congrats on the S550! Those are 2 badass cars you have. :cool: Can't go wrong with either one. Hope you love the Mustang.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Congrats!

While I do like the fact that my Mustang is probably more "American" then the average car, its still important to note that even Ford says its 60% (I believe the engine is China and tranny Mexico). The Toyota Camry made by the corporation "Toyota of America" is ranked as the #1 "american" derived car :)

But, Ford in general is technically the *best* old school thought "American Car" company (ford, GM, Chrysler) when looked at from that perspective so welcome!

Just something I like to point out a lot, I object to hearing the old school "I bought an American car" statement in 2015 :)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Congrats!

While I do like the fact that my Mustang is probably more "American" then the average car, its still important to note that even Ford says its 60% (I believe the engine is China and tranny Mexico). The Toyota Camry made by the corporation "Toyota of America" is ranked as the #1 "american" derived car :)

But, Ford in general is technically the *best* old school thought "American Car" company (ford, GM, Chrysler) when looked at from that perspective so welcome!

Just something I like to point out a lot, I object to hearing the old school "I bought an American car" statement in 2015 :)
Coyote is made in Ontario Canada, 2.3 EB is made in Valencia Spain and the V6 is made in Lima Ohio, the Getrag (German)6M is made under licence in China and the ZF (also German) 6A is made under licence in Livonia, Michigan making the V6 Automatic Mustang 'The most American Mustang' According to where parts are made.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Coyote is made in Ontario Canada, 2.3 EB is made in Valencia Spain and the V6 is made in Lima Ohio, the Getrag (German)6M is made under licence in China and the ZF (also German) 6A is made under licence in Livonia, Michigan making the V6 Automatic Mustang 'The most American Mustang' According to where parts are made.
In fact, the 2.3L Ecoboost engine is built in the U.S.

Source: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ant-begins-production-of-the-new-twin-sc.html

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
When did that happen? Anyways, it's something I am very happy to be wrong about:cheers:
Actually the 4-cylinder Ecoboosts are all made in Valencia and then shipped to Flat Rock, MI for installation on the vehicle.

There's nothing wrong with that either. Ford is a global company now which is why they make great products. There's plenty of expats working in the plants too, and a lot of the suppliers that ship the parts for the engine are based out of North america. Being that I work with some of our foreign counterparts, you'd be surprised how knowledgeable, intelligent, cooperative and experienced they are (especially compared to the UAW that we have to deal with here).

When I said American, I meant Ford is still a North American based company, and the vehicle is built and assembled here. That's good enough for me.
Sponsored