So how was your Ford experience today?

Fatbob V2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got mine booked in Friday for the first 12mth/10k service (5500 miles covered).
I've been quoted about £257 with an oil and something else flush which I opted to pay the £20 odd extra for.

I'm dropping it in first thing and waiting so we'll see how it goes.

BTW, not got round to the front parking sensors in case you are wondering where the pics are!
Sponsored

Fatbob V2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well, took the car in to Leeds this morning for the first service.

Parked up no problem for a change as this dealership is bad for parking and handed in the keys.
The engine flush isn't that, it's a fuel line flush but as I don't touch supermarket fuel I opted for no and saved the £29.
As I was waiting I took advantage of the free coffee and caught on some emails. Car was back in under 2 hours with green ticks all the way so nothing needing changing any time soon.

The extended roadside recovery which would have been free in year 2 provided they did the service is now £15.00 (not free) but was a no brainer!

All in all a good pleasant experience.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Car went to Macrae and Dick in Perth today for its first service. Had it there for 8.30 armed with my service plan certificate. First off they need a photocopy as they've not seen one before :eek:
Service took around three hours as they do them on a first come first serve basis. All good though the front tyres are wearing faster on the inside probably due to the somewhat agressive stance I'm running. Will get an alignment when sway bars are fitted but not over bothered as the PZs can't wear fast enough...
Forgot to ask if they'd activated the second year of Ford Assist so will need to check that.

Fatbob V2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Car went to Macrae and Dick in Perth today for its first service. Had it there for 8.30 armed with my service plan certificate. First off they need a photocopy as they've not seen one before :eek:
Service took around three hours as they do them on a first come first serve basis. All good though the front tyres are wearing faster on the inside probably due to the somewhat agressive stance I'm running. Will get an alignment when sway bars are fitted but not over bothered as the PZs can't wear fast enough...
Forgot to ask if they'd activated the second year of Ford Assist so will need to check that.
They made a point of telling me it was no longer free and it was £15.00.
Please let us all know if yours is free.

Sponsored

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Well, I had Ford on the phone more or less telling me that I owe them for a spare wheel on my trade in. They say as I did not tell them there was no wheel and I should have told them there was not one. They say that they valued it with one.

I told them they should have valued the car as seen. My car had been without a spare for as long as I can remember, it never even crossed my mind.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Well, I had Ford on the phone more or less telling me that I owe them for a spare wheel on my trade in. They say as I did not tell them there was no wheel and I should have told them there was not one. They say that they valued it with one.

I told them they should have valued the car as seen. My car had been without a spare for as long as I can remember, it never even crossed my mind.
Tosses. Might point out the Mustang came without the option! :D

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
They made a point of telling me it was no longer free and it was £15.00.
Please let us all know if yours is free.

Unless they've changed their policy as of 01/04, mine was free, had to remind them though. I'm pretty sure that it's on some paperwork somewhere that as long as it's serviced by a Ford garage, it's free :shrug:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just received this from my dealer, as my baby will be one year old next month :eyebulge:time flies when you are having fun :D

Says it's free :thumbsup:
IMG_0593.JPG

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Actually... really good, shockingly :O!

Arrived at 8, dropped the car off for the service, the re-reiterated i wasn't to have it washed. Without prompt! :D. Left it, got a call around 11 to say it was done, picked it up at 4 after i'd finished work. Got handed some Diamondbrite car shampoo, screen wash, 'jumbo sponge' and an air freshner (Into the fathers day gift pile lol!) and chatted with the guy about my car, and had a little chat about Alans car [MENTION=20062]Pumabuild[/MENTION] (Think everytime I go they always ask If I know him.... lol!) I can almost predict the conversations now "oh you been to pumabuild... yeah alan with the bastard reg, yeah BA51ard, yeah I know him" Usually cleans that conversation up quickly lol!

Car was serviced well it would seem, not been cleaned, oil changed, everything changed.

Down side?! My fking seat was moved arghhhh!

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Actually... really good, shockingly :O!

Arrived at 8, dropped the car off for the service, the re-reiterated i wasn't to have it washed. Without prompt! :D. Left it, got a call around 11 to say it was done, picked it up at 4 after i'd finished work. Got handed some Diamondbrite car shampoo, screen wash, 'jumbo sponge' and an air freshner (Into the fathers day gift pile lol!) and chatted with the guy about my car, and had a little chat about Alans car [MENTION=20062]Pumabuild[/MENTION] (Think everytime I go they always ask If I know him.... lol!) I can almost predict the conversations now "oh you been to pumabuild... yeah alan with the bastard reg, yeah BA51ard, yeah I know him" Usually cleans that conversation up quickly lol!

Car was serviced well it would seem, not been cleaned, oil changed, everything changed.

Down side?! My fking seat was moved arghhhh!
Puddle lamps both changed?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Puddle lamps both changed?
I asked, they can't change unless mine are faulty, which is fine, he said when they go, they'll change them, said ford have pumped loads of them out to dealers so anyone with an issue should be able to swap them out. :thumbsup:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well sat in Fords at the moment for 1st service, as my baby will be a year old tomorrow, time will tell how things go

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How much time? :shrug:
Only took just over two hours, all went very well and was served several cups of coffee, so a very enjoyable experience and even got a free key ring to go with my free Breakdown cover :)
Sponsored