So how was your Ford experience today?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Went in for a service at Think Ford Guildford at 07.30. Car went into workshop at 8am which is when the shop opens. Service done. Pony projectors on back order (apparently there's a TSB on these now) awaiting improved unit. Service was £229. of which £129 is the oil (shown as 5W20 on invoice). Fire drill half way through. Was asked if I wanted it washed or not, which impressed me, they must be getting used to obsessive Mustang owners. They have a valeting section on site (not a car wash like the Merc garage I used to go to). Roadside assistance renewed; book stamped; good wifi, so I got a coupl;e of hours of work done. All done by 10.30.

Very painless experience which lines up with my previous experience of Think. Unfortunately the coffee machine was broken so I shall be contacting [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]'s lawyer to see how to proceed on that front ;)

Enjoyed looking at the Edge Pimp (sorry Vignale) edition on display.
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Went in for a service at Think Ford Guildford at 07.30. Car went into workshop at 8am which is when the shop opens. Service done. Pony projectors on back order (apparently there's a TSB on these now) awaiting improved unit. Service was £229. of which £129 is the oil (shown as 5W20 on invoice). Fire drill half way through. Was asked if I wanted it washed or not, which impressed me, they must be getting used to obsessive Mustang owners. They have a valeting section on site (not a car wash like the Merc garage I used to go to). Roadside assistance renewed; book stamped; good wifi, so I got a coupl;e of hours of work done. All done by 10.30.

Very painless experience which lines up with my previous experience of Think. Unfortunately the coffee machine was broken so I shall be contacting [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]'s lawyer to see how to proceed on that front ;)

My lawyer says sue them for bad hospitality (my lawyer is american ;) )!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

It's annoying they can't get their service prices lined up to at least within 1-2% of each other, my service came to £189

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Had a call today from Think Guildford to say Pony Projectors are in. Yep, you read that right. A dealer phoned me!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Booked my service in, rather painless, service for the 18th and leaving it there all day, have specifically told them not to wash the car as the last time that required a few hours of wax and polish to get out the swirls!

I oddly got offered some of the weirdest and stupidest sounding sh1t ever.
1) An A/C Fluid clean that will clear out all the gunk and will somehow come out when they change the oil (lol?!)
2) A cylinder/fuel injector etc clean that will clear all the gunk in the car - Aka does what a catch can on a turbo will do.

Needless to say I'm not purchasing any of the extra's I do feel for anyone who does though :/!

Now to see if they remember not to wash it (he wrote it down on the service thing), and have the oil and filter in stock lol... I'll mark my filter with a black sharpie to make sure they change it ;)!

Sponsored

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Booked my service in, rather painless, service for the 18th and leaving it there all day, have specifically told them not to wash the car as the last time that required a few hours of wax and polish to get out the swirls!

I oddly got offered some of the weirdest and stupidest sounding sh1t ever.
1) An A/C Fluid clean that will clear out all the gunk and will somehow come out when they change the oil (lol?!)
2) A cylinder/fuel injector etc clean that will clear all the gunk in the car - Aka does what a catch can on a turbo will do.

Needless to say I'm not purchasing any of the extra's I do feel for anyone who does though :/!

Now to see if they remember not to wash it (he wrote it down on the service thing), and have the oil and filter in stock lol... I'll mark my filter with a black sharpie to make sure they change it ;)!
mines going into the local dealer next week for its first service. They offered to add engine flush to bill, for just £50! If i wanted to use it i would buy a bottle for under a tenner and add it before i drove over there. I told them NO, and even if i had agreed i am not convinced they would do anything other than add it to the bill.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
mines going into the local dealer next week for its first service. They offered to add engine flush to bill, for just £50! If i wanted to use it i would buy a bottle for under a tenner and add it before i drove over there. I told them NO, and even if i had agreed i am not convinced they would do anything other than add it to the bill.
They said it was 29.96 to me.... lol, the bottles of it don't even do anything, they hardly pull any of the carbon deposits off etc.... need to properly scurb the cylinders and such to really get it off... Chris Fix and Engineering explained both have video's on it, using different brands etc. :thumbsup:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
So, late last week I discovered that my leak wasn't fixed, I found it in time to pin point it more, just under the drivers floor mat. Car was due a service, which was originally booked for the 13th, rebooked for the 22nd, this was due to a family bereavement and the funeral was on Monday in London.

So before we set off on Friday the 10th, I dropped the car off at EH in Motherwell, I also had an issue with the passenger door window, which was 'looked' at a few months ago, they said it was fine, but it wasn't.

In the showroom was a beautiful TY, so I checked the passenger door operation on it and it was night and day compared to my car. Got the 'service' manager to try the TY and then my door, 'I can't feel any difference, you just need to open yours slower'!!!!! So there is a difference then?, 'I'll get my boss to check it', I suggest you do before I rip into you in the middle of the showroom, was my reply.

So the 'big' boss did the same and checked the operation of the TY then mine, straight away he says, 'that's not right, well realigne that for you, known issue, blah, blah, apologies for being retards on your previous visit'. All good.

Just do the service while it's in, I've also got diff and gearbox oil that I want changing, back with the original 'service manager' now, 'it doesn't need it', I'm the fucking customer, I'm directing you to change it, change it, do it properly and evidence it, if you went into a barbers and wanted a haircut, you moron, and the barber said, you don't need it, would you accept that?, no!, so just do as you've been asked and I, the customer, who pays your fucking wages, will pay for it!!!!

So got back from a very emotional trip last night (it was my sisters funeral on Monday) and called them today, as arranged, how are you getting on with my car?, 'oh weren't you picking it up on the 22nd?', I'm still gluing bits of my phone back together!!!!

Absolute cretinous morons of a mongtard species that I never knew existed!!

I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So, late last week I discovered that my leak wasn't fixed, I found it in time to pin point it more, just under the drivers floor mat. Car was due a service, which was originally booked for the 13th, rebooked for the 22nd, this was due to a family bereavement and the funeral was on Monday in London.

So before we set off on Friday the 10th, I dropped the car off at EH in Motherwell, I also had an issue with the passenger door window, which was 'looked' at a few months ago, they said it was fine, but it wasn't.

In the showroom was a beautiful TY, so I checked the passenger door operation on it and it was night and day compared to my car. Got the 'service' manager to try the TY and then my door, 'I can't feel any difference, you just need to open yours slower'!!!!! So there is a difference then?, 'I'll get my boss to check it', I suggest you do before I rip into you in the middle of the showroom, was my reply.

So the 'big' boss did the same and checked the operation of the TY then mine, straight away he says, 'that's not right, well realigne that for you, known issue, blah, blah, apologies for being retards on your previous visit'. All good.

Just do the service while it's in, I've also got diff and gearbox oil that I want changing, back with the original 'service manager' now, 'it doesn't need it', I'm the fucking customer, I'm directing you to change it, change it, do it properly and evidence it, if you went into a barbers and wanted a haircut, you moron, and the barber said, you don't need it, would you accept that?, no!, so just do as you've been asked and I, the customer, who pays your fucking wages, will pay for it!!!!

So got back from a very emotional trip last night (it was my sisters funeral on Monday) and called them today, as arranged, how are you getting on with my car?, 'oh weren't you picking it up on the 22nd?', I'm still gluing bits of my phone back together!!!!

I'll keep you posted.
Absolute shambles mate. Feel your pain. Re the "open it slower" comment, I'm impressed you managed NOT to lay in to them! Keep us posted & sorry to hear of your loss...

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

I'll keep you posted.
:doh: hope you get it sorted asap

Sorry for your loss mate :(

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

I'll keep you posted.
Sorry for your loss mate.

I'm having the same headache as well with my wind noise. They looked at it for the 2nd time yesterday and now saying there is nothing wrong, they can hear a whistle but that's it. They need to check another mustang if it's the same. They didn't think to take their demo out for a test drive to check...:frusty:
Was promised a call from the warranty guy today and guess what... nothing.

I'm sick of dealing with them. The customer service is terrible and all I hear is lies and BS

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Sorry for your loss mate.

I'm having the same headache as well with my wind noise. They looked at it for the 2nd time yesterday and now saying there is nothing wrong, they can hear a whistle but that's it. They need to check another mustang if it's the same. They didn't think to take their demo out for a test drive to check...:frusty:
Was promised a call from the warranty guy today and guess what... nothing.

I'm sick of dealing with them. The customer service is terrible and all I hear is lies and BS
I still have a slight wind noise above 50mph but I've got used to it now. There seems to be no point in trying to get them to try and fix it as they seem to just guess and adjust something in the area the problem is and say there you go , see ya later. And when they did have it just before Christmas regarding this it came back with a scuff on the painted skirt which I had to polish out. My passenger puddle light has shit itself but I'd rather live with it than ask for it to be fixed.:rant::frusty::shrug:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I still have a slight wind noise above 50mph but I've got used to it now. There seems to be no point in trying to get them to try and fix it as they seem to just guess and adjust something in the area the problem is and say there you go , see ya later. And when they did have it just before Christmas regarding this it came back with a scuff on the painted skirt which I had to polish out. My passenger puddle light has shit itself but I'd rather live with it than ask for it to be fixed.:rant::frusty::shrug:
Still got a bit of tinny rattle on acceleration in mine - had if for sooo long. I dread trying to get them to have a look at it - as you say, they will either claim it's normal or attempt something random & claim it is fixed. Re puddle lights, send a photo to your dealership requesting a new one, they should post it out & you can swap yourself. Gotta do that for mine...again! Turning in to some kind of "hulk pony" :lol:

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.

I'll keep you posted.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Time will heal the mourning, your strength will heal the shock.

Also sorry to hear about your experience with your dealer. Unfortunately the world is full of fucktards who don't care about you, the customer, or what you think of them. The only way to deal with them is to go somewhere else and try your luck there. It really isn't worth your time and stress boundaries being broken over a few issues with a car. I know you feel pissed off right now, but I'll bet there will be another dealer in a few mile radius who will treat you with the respect you deserve?

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] [/QUOTE]Re puddle lights, send a photo to your dealership requesting a new one, they should post it out & you can swap yourself. Gotta do that for mine...again! Turning in to some kind of "hulk pony" [/QUOTE]
I didn't realise you could do that. Will contact them tomorrow requesting some new ones.:thumbsup:
Sponsored