OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Picked up my GT today from the Ford garage having had some warranty work carried out that shouldn't have required it to leave site. Radio tuned to a different channel, (standard) 'track use only' accelerometer app open on dashboard and 5 more miles on the clock!

Not happy!
Wow. Keep us posted on your discussions with the dealership! That's awful. I would be screaming at them demanding an explanation, and some sort of compensation.

Tip - if you make noise on twitter, you'll get a very swift response to any complaints...
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@jord79 out of interest what was the warranty work? Ford like to take the cars on test drives. and if it was something mechanical or an issue whilst driving generally they'll take it for a drive. If they've found other issues, I know for a fact they check the track apps to see if there's been "Hard use" of the car in the case of some warranty acts, however the use of this screen can't actually allow them to decline a warranty claim.

Radio being off is pretty typical, probably spun the tune knob rather than volume, I've had that (done it myself a few times).

Check the wheel arches for rubber sploshes (tell tail or a burnout). And if needed, ask to see CCTV footage of the car whilst it was there.

I'm not trying to justify what they've done, meerley provide a bit of "devils advocate" to it.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I had to leave mine at a Ford Dealer last week, to get some work done, but it a (who do you know job) as I know the manager, and the job was done to a brilliant standard.
But
The dashcam was unplugged and even the cable was unplugged for the real dashcam

was a bit surprised, they really did not want people to see them at work

:eyebulge:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@jord79 out of interest what was the warranty work? Ford like to take the cars on test drives. and if it was something mechanical or an issue whilst driving generally they'll take it for a drive. If they've found other issues, I know for a fact they check the track apps to see if there's been "Hard use" of the car in the case of some warranty acts, however the use of this screen can't actually allow them to decline a warranty claim.
To be fair, this did occur to me just as I was driving home tonight that they might have been checking for my driving habits! The warranty work was for a control arm ball joint on the drivers side front wheel which should have had plenty of life left in it under normal driving conditions. I drive pretty sensibly but did do one track day not long after I got the car and have never cleared the results from the accelerometer as I don't expect to get figures like that again! So it might have looked quite bad on my part pulling over 1G in the right hand bends!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just had an oil change (only done 5k miles but with a new car though it worth having done) with a local Gates Ford and was happy with the service. They also did a video of basic check of car which was nice. Very polite, better than I always had at BMW

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Mine was in for service on Tuesday and to get a small warranty item from earlier this year completed, and I too got the 'Health Check' video (nice touch) which revealed a bloody great big nail in one of my MPSS's. Picked it up Thursday and have to say the whole experience from start to finish was spot on and better than I've received from any garage over here before... they seemed to be trying to bend over backwards to provide good service... and appear to have succeeded so far! Pleasantly surprised!

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Just spoken to trust ford Epsom as the change oil soon ight has come on again.
Only serviced at the end of June. Car is 18 months old and now due a third oil change.
Every time something needs doing it's always hassle. Had no end of grief with my van as well, car may be going sooner rather than later. Pissed off with crap customer service from Ford.
Earliest they can look at it is the 10th of January.
The lady on the phone said try somewhere else to see if they can look at it sooner :doh:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Only serviced at the end of June. Car is 18 months old and now due a third oil change.
Every time something needs doing it's always hassle. Had no end of grief with my van as well, car may be going sooner rather than later. Pissed off with crap customer service from Ford.
The lady on the phone said try somewhere else to see if they can look at it sooner :doh:
Check your oil, reset and move on mate. Oil is brand new, as long as the level is right it’s not worth stressing over. Check your coolant whilst your under there and carry on enjoying it. ;)

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Check your oil, reset and move on mate. Oil is brand new, as long as the level is right it’s not worth stressing over. Check your coolant whilst your under there and carry on enjoying it. ;)
Will do, thanks.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Am I right in thinking that at this stage its the crap customer service that's pissing you off as much/more then the issue itself?

Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's the crap customer service that's pissing me off more than anything. I have a Transit that's been off of the road for over 5 weeks in less than a year. Every time something needs to be done on the car it just seems to be hassle all of the time.
And I have been using different dealers for the car and the van, having said we must be slightly mad as my wife has just bought an Smax.:headbonk:

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Hey guys, hope you are all well and starting the year on a high.
Right let me tell you about my ford experience today!
Received last week a phone from trust ford in regards to my next service as it s due in January and I said yes thank you let's book it but let's make it for Friday the 19 of January coz I'm actually at the airport waiting for my flight and won't be back till the 18. Sorry to bore you with those details but they are in a away important for later. Anyway she asked me if any additional work was required and I said yes both puddle lights need changing again! (She didn't have clue of what I was on about but I can leave with that) and also I insisted that she made a note that the ecu must not be reflash or updated as I have a map and that was that for the phone call.
So this morning I turned up at TRUST FORD WARRINGTON!!!! for my service at 8.30 got greeted 15 min later after being ignored all that time and was asked for my registration. After looking on his computer I was told that I was not booked in and that booking was for last Friday! As it happens the conversation I had was easily memorable coz of the all airport situation. So after few minutes of arguing they decided to take the car but said that the did not have lights in stock but will try to get them delivered in the afternoon for it to be all done tonight. So far so good despite the booking problem. Then I asked to see the service instructions and notes to make sure the DO NOT REFLASH OR UPDATED THE ECU was there and it was, I even underline it. And I went ( I'm sure some of you can see what's coming)
Phone call at 16.15 car is ready you can come and pick it up.
Got there around 17.30 and they left me waiting again for another 15-20 min with not even a good evening despite half a dozen of them walking past me. Anyway got the service guy to talk to me finally and ask what I wanted, just here to pick my car up, what's your Reg? Sorry can't find kyour keys or paper work anywhere! That took an other 15 min, payed finally got my keys and I'm already fuming by then as you can imagine, the guy said I'll walk you to your car to show you where it is only to realise when we got there that they boxed the car in with other cars. I'm really starting to loose it by then but hey so another 10 mins later the keys are found and the car moved for me to go. I'm very quickly thanked coz by that time it's nearly home time for them.
So got in the car, start it and it happened! Yeap the car was definitely not making the same loud noise as normal, loud but not right (magnaflow comp cat back- jlt cold air intake) I knew you straight away something was wrong. The drive home confirmed it the wankers(sorry but that's how I feel) had reflashed the ecu!! Luckily I noticed it straight away and not battered the car on the way home. Tune loaded again now.
Sorry that was my "TRUST FORD WARRINGTON" day. Trust ford Warrington to fuck it up!
Sorry for boring you to death guys but needed to get it out

SurfOrFight

SurfOrFight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Auto Ruby Red 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Visited a Ford Garage this morning; in Staffordshire area. A guy doing a great job of clearing the snow off the cars on display on the forecourt. He was using a long handled soft brush. He stopped to chat with a colleague placing the brush head in a puddle, then latter carried on brushing the bonnets, roofs windows.. great job. Saw me looking then seemed to stop and disappear into the body shop! :ford::lol:

Is it just me that suffers from Obsessive Cleaning and Detailing Dissorder?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
My experience not so good today, 5 weeks ago i took my car into local Ford dealer with a bodyshop because my wheel arches have started to rust (Not my local Ford Store because they dont have a bodyshop). They took some photos and sent them off to Ford to claim under warranty. 2 weeks later i'd heard nothing so phoned the dealer up only to be told that "ford take ages so don't expect a reply anytime soon". Not good so i reached out to Ford Customer Care to see if they could find out what was going on. They took all my details and proceeded to liaise with the dealer and eventually phoned me back a few days later to say the claim was being rejected on the grounds they believe its been caused by stone impact .... not quite sure how you avoid stone impact in a wheel arch. I expressed my disappointment and pointed out that the car has had its fair share of paint issues and i wanted it escalating.
So this morning i receive a phone call from Ford CC saying catagorically they're declining the claim, no further discussion.
Emailed Andy B asking him for his assistance with the matter, then received a phone call from a lady at Ford HQ 3 hours later, and then another call from the dealer asking me to bring the car back down so they can take some more photos.
Will see what happens.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My experience not so good today, 5 weeks ago i took my car into local Ford dealer with a bodyshop because my wheel arches have started to rust (Not my local Ford Store because they dont have a bodyshop). They took some photos and sent them off to Ford to claim under warranty. 2 weeks later i'd heard nothing so phoned the dealer up only to be told that "ford take ages so don't expect a reply anytime soon". Not good so i reached out to Ford Customer Care to see if they could find out what was going on. They took all my details and proceeded to liaise with the dealer and eventually phoned me back a few days later to say the claim was being rejected on the grounds they believe its been caused by stone impact .... not quite sure how you avoid stone impact in a wheel arch. I expressed my disappointment and pointed out that the car has had its fair share of paint issues and i wanted it escalating.
So this morning i receive a phone call from Ford CC saying catagorically they're declining the claim, no further discussion.
Emailed Andy B asking him for his assistance with the matter, then received a phone call from a lady at Ford HQ 3 hours later, and then another call from the dealer asking me to bring the car back down so they can take some more photos.
Will see what happens.
Shocking, I though my experience was bad - Ford have had my car almost a full month this year and despite asking a few times, have not & will not replace the wet carpets. My concern here is rust also.

Will be taking my complaint to Ford CC too to see what they say.

Keep us posted.
Sponsored