Sponsored

So are ‘22 GT buyers now looking like geniuses…

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Similar scenario for me - got it all but the Recaro's and it's a great driving experience as a weekend and evening only summer car.

I got the track itch this year and contemplated a trade in on a Mach 1 - they were going to offer me about 5k more than I paid 1.5 years ago but they also wanted 12k more for the Mach 1. It wasn't really the color I wanted either so I just passed. I'm also a big fan of the top down driving experience - if you think the Coyote sounds good in a coupe - it's next level on a back road lined with a tree canopy at 7000rpm and no roof.
This right here.

You pretty much gotta go biblical to find truer words than these right here! Now, throw AE rockin’ track mode into that mix and you’re in that hot tub full of cheerleaders zone!
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
So, the goal is to die peacefully in your sleep like your grandfather, instead of screaming in terror like his passengers?
Maybe not I was saying his son didn't want the car wrecked so he could get it next. :)

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I didn't wait because the dealer had the exact Mustang I wanted in stock. GT PP Premium, 10 Auto Magneride, Grabber Blue Metallic. I have wanted a Mustang for many years and got exactly what I wanted in the color I wanted. I know it's 10 HP down but I don't miss it. Got more than I can use legally, and still moves out really good.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't wait because the dealer had the exact Mustang I wanted in stock. GT PP Premium, 10 Auto Magneride, Grabber Blue Metallic. I have wanted a Mustang for many years and got exactly what I wanted in the color I wanted. I know it's 10 HP down but I don't miss it. Got more than I can use legally, and still moves out really good.
For what it’s worth I have a +10 hp 2020 also and I’m not convinced there IS any real difference. Like yours, my ‘22 is a real strong runner too.

2019Velocityblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this post or if anyone read the article. It sounds like it was just a few days they were down and then made it up on a Friday and Sunday. Not much of a delay.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this on another thread...here's your 10 Hp back if you want it!
Parts 1 & 2 below.....

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this post or if anyone read the article. It sounds like it was just a few days they were down and then made it up on a Friday and Sunday. Not much of a delay.
Huh?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I posted this on another thread...here's your 10 Hp back if you want it!
Parts 1 & 2 below.....

I already did that, removed the filter. Still can't tell any difference.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I already did that, removed the filter. Still can't tell any difference.
This guy did dyno tests before and after. That's the only way to truly measure any difference.
I have the extra 10Hp in my 21 but hardly use it... 😀 450hp would have been plenty for me since I'm not drag racing or tracking it. I probably wouldn't feel it either unless I saw it on the dyno.

Sponsored
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy did dyno tests before and after. That's the only way to truly measure any difference.
I have the extra 10Hp in my 21 but hardly use it... 😀 450hp would have been plenty for me since I'm not drag racing or tracking it. I probably wouldn't feel it either unless I saw it on the dyno.
I’m at 500 miles right now and I’ll probably pull my HC trap at ~1000 miles, just because it’s there and I can. If that works out OK I’ll probably throw in a K&N drop in also and see if the ECU can handle both “mods”.

But I don’t really know why. This car is really a strong runner as it is and I too am not sure how I could use any more on the street. If I hit it from about a 3500 rpm roll in first I’d describe it as pretty close to explosive. I keep trying to simultaneously watch the tach and speedo through the first three gears to get some context about what’s going on but honestly things happen so fast it’s about all I can do to watch the road and keep it between the ditches. Just being honest about it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m at 500 miles right now and I’ll probably pull my HC trap at ~1000 miles, just because it’s there and I can. If that works out OK I’ll probably throw in a K&N drop in also and see if the ECU can handle both “mods”.

But I don’t really know why. This car is really a strong runner as it is and I too am not sure how I could use any more on the street. If I hit it from about a 3500 rpm roll in first I’d describe it as pretty close to explosive. I keep trying to simultaneously watch the tach and speedo through the first three gears to get some context about what’s going on but honestly things happen so fast it’s about all I can do to watch the road and keep it between the ditches. Just being honest about it.
I plan to swap in a K&N filter when my car comes in and just leave that carbon filter alone. 450 or 460, I won’t be able to tell the difference. Plus I plan to throw on a Roush or Whipple in a couple years anyways.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan to swap in a K&N filter when my car comes in and just leave that carbon filter alone. 450 or 460, I won’t be able to tell the difference. Plus I plan to throw on a Roush or Whipple in a couple years anyways.
I think you may be reading my mind!

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I grew up in the 90s - in 1992, I was given a Dodge Viper brochure....I still have it - I remember thinking "WOW 400 Horsepower, could you imagine?!?!"

These cars are pretty much in the ballpark of what those were as far has HP/0-60, etc are concerned...except they're not actively trying to kill you as, the Viper was....what's ten horsepower? Honestly, I'm still amazed that you can just go buy something as powerful and fast as these are...and by today's standards they are "slow"

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I grew up in the 90s - in 1992, I was given a Dodge Viper brochure....I still have it - I remember thinking "WOW 400 Horsepower, could you imagine?!?!"

These cars are pretty much in the ballpark of what those were as far has HP/0-60, etc are concerned...except they're not actively trying to kill you as, the Viper was....what's ten horsepower? Honestly, I'm still amazed that you can just go buy something as powerful and fast as these are...and by today's standards they are "slow"
Hell yeah, I remember going to a local Dodge dealership with my dad when he bought a new car and they had one of the first Vipers in the area sitting in the showroom. 30 years later and it’s still one of my favorite cars, even though it does actively seek to kill you as you stated. They’re still fast but yeah, when compared to other cars of today in its class, it won’t keep up.
Sponsored