18 Mustang GT
would have needed the axles at some point anyway
Sponsored

Chris Edwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice job bro been watching your vids on youtube and love that you’re keeping it simple with cats and pump gas. Honestly I think most mod motors sound terrible with longtubes, way too loud and raspy and obnoxious.

You’ve inspired me to go to the dealer and pick up an 18 GT! Just need to decide on color. Love the white!

Btw—you may be too young to rememeber but 15yrs ago Vortech bolted a basic Si Trim and a catback to a bone stock 03 GT and went 11.9 @ 113 with an NMRA driver behind the wheel. Boy how times have changed! These 18GT’s remind me of my fox body days!

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
Thank you for watching. I am just a regular guy this isn't a shop car just trying to to as fast as possible on a budget. I will have some updates next week waiting on axles and front runners. any questions feel free to hit me up.

Nice job bro been watching your vids on youtube and love that you’re keeping it simple with cats and pump gas. Honestly I think most mod motors sound terrible with longtubes, way too loud and raspy and obnoxious.

You’ve inspired me to go to the dealer and pick up an 18 GT! Just need to decide on color. Love the white!

Btw—you may be too young to rememeber but 15yrs ago Vortech bolted a basic Si Trim and a catback to a bone stock 03 GT and went 11.9 @ 113 with an NMRA driver behind the wheel. Boy how times have changed! These 18GT’s remind me of my fox body days!

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
The last week of my life was pretty hectic, I got married this pasted Saturday. Wish I ordered axle but I didn't since they are over 1500 have to wait about another week but I may take the car to the track on Friday to just leave off the footbrake depending on the weather. I sold my front welds the 18x8n was planning on getting weld rts front runners but for 1300 I think I will pass and get a set of forgestar drag wheels to replace the front and rear welds and I will just sell the rear welds. The Cost of everything is really starting to add up. here is a video of my wedding day.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I am gunna get forgestar f14 drag wheels just for the track.

Which Forgestars you gonna get? Having a 10 second car ain't cheap huh? As they say pick two:

83qSOCx.gif

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=34969]mmacoyote[/MENTION], where are you located in NY? I'm over in Queens. You should join "S550 MUSTANGS NYC" on Facebook so all of the NY members can stay in touch.

By the way, sweet ride and congrats on your wedding!

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I think you'll dig the f14s, I did the same with my white 18

I am in love wow! didn't think the gun metal would look so good on the white I was thinking of getting black but this might have changed my mind! where did you order yours from?

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I am in Staten Island But I bounce between NJ also, I am a part of that fb page I even posted up a few pics of my car maybe ill do it again! yea I will deff stay in touch love hanging with the local guys..... I gotta get out to queens sometime soon I know the street have been a live I like to check out the races.

[MENTION=34969]mmacoyote[/MENTION], where are you located in NY? I'm over in Queens. You should join "S550 MUSTANGS NYC" on Facebook so all of the NY members can stay in touch.

By the way, sweet ride and congrats on your wedding!

Sponsored

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
I am in love wow! didn't think the gun metal would look so good on the white I was thinking of getting black but this might have changed my mind! where did you order yours from?
Honestly when I went to order wheels I was trying to get welds but no one actually had them in stock. I wanted to avoid the black wheels at all cost since I have the same stock wheels as you, just didn't want black. I wanted something other than the racestars that I had on my last car as well.

I had already ruled out the forgestars because I had only seem them in black. After I found out I could get them in gunmetal, the decision was made and I have no regrets.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Are the axles weaker on the 18s? Mine are still stock on my 15 lol..

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I don't like the welds I had them on a few of my cars really a pain in the ass to keep them clean. I was going to buy black forgestar but you change my mind, weld owns forgestar btw.

Honestly when I went to order wheels I was trying to get welds but no one actually had them in stock. I wanted to avoid the black wheels at all cost since I have the same stock wheels as you, just didn't want black. I wanted something other than the racestars that I had on my last car as well.

I had already ruled out the forgestars because I had only seem them in black. After I found out I could get them in gunmetal, the decision was made and I have no regrets.

OP
OP

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
OP ever thought about going twin turbo?
I have no reason to go twin turbo, it was considered before I bought the vortech. The reason why I went vortech is reliability, ease of installations and less moving parts then a turbo setup.
Sponsored