Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't think this thread went as planned.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
How about how the GT350 person answered :) Let's hate on the FORD family since no one fell fo the Corvette hate. :(

Are you suggesting the GT people only respond to GT threads, the GT350 to only GT350 threads, and the GT500 only to gasp GT500 threads.....hmmmm what a concept.

Notice I didn't say anything negative about the Voodoo or the Vette; I give them both much love.

Itā€™s funny how many GT people respond.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
How about how the GT350 person answered :) Let's hate on the FORD family since no one fell fo the Corvette hate. :(

Are you suggesting the GT people only respond to GT threads, the GT350 to only GT350 threads, and the GT500 only to gasp GT500 threads.....hmmmm what a concept.

Notice I didn't say anything negative about the Voodoo or the Vette; I give them both much love.
it's just really funny how so many GT owners respond in a GT350 forum, are you intimately involved with the understanding of the GT350? And from the responses, it doesn't sound like you guys are and instead just want to somehow say that either the Voodoo breaks or is not that great.

Input from GT owners:

"And Ford copied it from Ferrari so who cares. If the rumors are true then it's going to beat the pants off of the Voodoo anyway."

"Hopefully they are copying Ferrari so it doesn't blow up constantly like the voodoo"

I could break down a response that answers OP question and I could also dismantle these above responses, but why? it's just really really funny to always see GT people in this forum for a car they don't have but somehow want to put down.

Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
it's just really funny how so many GT owners respond in a GT350 forum, are you intimately involved with the understanding of the GT350? And from the responses, it doesn't sound like you guys are and instead just want to somehow say that either the Voodoo breaks or is not that great.

Input from GT owners:

"And Ford copied it from Ferrari so who cares. If the rumors are true then it's going to beat the pants off of the Voodoo anyway."

"Hopefully they are copying Ferrari so it doesn't blow up constantly like the voodoo"

I could break down a response that answers OP question and I could also dismantle these above responses, but why? it's just really really funny to always see GT people in this forum for a car they don't have but somehow want to put down.
Don't get so butthurt about it. Some of us actually are in the market to buy a GT350 so that's why we are here.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Don't get so butthurt about it. Some of us actually are in the market to buy a GT350 so that's why we are here.

hahaha butt hurt? Alright, let me correct your ignorance.

You said:

Ford didn't copy it from Ferrari. First off, flat plane cranks have been multiple exoticsā€” Lamboghini, Mercedes, McLaren and other exotics. Yes, they did benchmark the Voodoo against a 458 Ferrari engine, but the reason for the flatplane crank was to get 100 hp per liter, they could not do it with a crossplane.

Ferrari uses their flaplane V8s like they are two 4 cylinders engines that are connected together. Ford does not, Ford uses a completely different configuration.

Also Ferrari and other flatplane cranks are small v8's of small displacementā€”Ford innovated by making the largest flatplane crank that has ever existedā€”a 5.2L Flatplane crank motor.

That engine set the automotive world on fireā€”check all of the articles, videos etc. praising the Voodoo.

Which brings me to the final point, but for Ford originating and breaking the mold with the voodoo and for the success of the voodoo engine, Chevy would not be putting it in their upcoming Z06.

and by the way, who cares if the Z06 is fasterā€”there is always something faster, that does not mean it is better.

nice try, but literally piss off.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
If it makes you feel better, they say the same thing in the GT forum :)

I agree that often there are responses that have nothing to do with the question, but that is in every question on the Mustang6g forums.

So far, only one or two GT350 owners have responded. That could be for various reasons.

On the other hand, why would any owner care how another manufacturer came about designing the engine for a car they don't own or plan to own. Heck, most things are copies of something; especially when it would only be an opinion since I don't think Chevy or Ford listed who they copied.

Input from GT owners:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
No offense Rocketman but in the past itā€™s been very popular for a lot of GT owners to bash the GT350/R and itā€™s owners on this GT350 sub forum.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Ford was bold and ballsy enough to put a bespoke FPC engine into a car most people could afford and proved it's not just for exotics. Chevy was bold and ballsy enough to do the same with a mid-engine car. Not only that, but to add an FPC to it is absolutely amazing.

It's been 5 years now, and a certain subset of GT owners can't help but knock on the Voodoo. In their minds, it's nothing special, unnecessary, and a gimmick. Plain and simple, you're just haters. End of story.
Sponsored