Sponsored

Six dollar solution to seat chaffing....

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Those are similar to the 20 buck costco neoprene covers. I wanted to see the seats, so that’s why I went a different direction.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
It's sad that this is even a topic. Seats in a +$60K race car should not show wear so quickly/easily.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Those are similar to the 20 buck costco neoprene covers. I wanted to see the seats, so that’s why I went a different direction.
These are not neoprene and thus not water proof. I think they are just a fairly heavy nylon. But cheap and held up for about 18 months so far on my car - but not driven every single day. They are a bit short for the seats due to the height of the headrest part but after siting in them a few times they seem to kind of conform. And they are cheap.

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
And considering the options, which are expensive custom seat covers or allowing the seat to become frayed over time, or trying to get in an out perfectly every time you enter and exit, i’m good with the felt.
When I first got mine, I knew chaffing would be a problem. So, I went to a local upholsterer and asked about replacing the side panels in leather. Estimated about $150 per seat. That's going to be my route whenever the time arises.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
So I wore shorts today with Velcro pockets. the grabby part of the Velcro pulled on the felt. I have to lay a new strip down. When I pulled it up, there was no residue on the fabric, however, the adhesive did leave residue on the Alcantara part. Just a heads up. Not a deal to me as I’m covering it again and not wearing these shorts in the car.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
It's sad that this is even a topic. Seats in a +$60K race car should not show wear so quickly/easily.
Who has a +$60K race car? I didn't know Multimatic sold them so cheap.
Sponsored