Cloth to leather seat swap 18+

Jhollie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang RTR
I've found several threads using the 17 back premium seats. Have anyone used the 18+ premium leather seats? I have a 19 and swapping out for the leather seats out of a wrecked 19. I was able to use other threads to source the wiring needed to make the driver seat move with additional wiring. The smaller seat plug seems to have different pinning than the 17 back models. There is no wiring for pin 11-14 on the seat itself. Trying to figure out can+/- wiring for the heated seat function. I'm also experiencing an air bag light. Does anyone have wiring schematics for the 18+ so I can figure this out? Thanks for any help given..
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's a write up on here somewhere. Rule of thumb is that you need seats from your generation. 15-17 seats don't work on 18-20 and vice versa.

OP
OP

Jhollie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang RTR
Yes a
There's a write up on here somewhere. Rule of thumb is that you need seats from your generation. 15-17 seats don't work on 18-20 and vice versa.
All the write-ups I've seen are for 15-17. I have a 19 and purchased leather seats out of a wrecked 19 to replace my cloth. Wiring is different. Was hoping someone would help me find what wires on the secondary seat plug are ms+/- for the heated seats. Plus now my airbag light is on.

Sponsored

GasGuzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7
you don't t have heated or cooled seats in your 19. Hence why the wiring is different.

OP
OP

Jhollie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang RTR
OP
OP

Jhollie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang RTR
I know
you don't t have heated or cooled seats in your 19. Hence why the wiring is different.
I know that. I'm trying to add this feature. That's why I'm asking about the wiring on the leather replacement seats that are heated/cooled seats. I have a second plug on these that supposedly controll the option. Looking for someone that has a wiring diagram so I know how to wire it up correctly since it's different from the ,15-17 seats .

KonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Did anyone end up figuring this out? I’m doing the same thing. Got the leather seats w/heated and cooled seats in place but can’t seem to figure out how to get the feature to work. Already swapped in sync 3 with heated and cooled buttons and activated them in forescan. But, the seats have a plug that needs to be plugged in somewhere.
Also, in regards to the light, I’ve ready you have to swap over the passenger occupancy sensor. I will be trying that this weekend to see if I can get the light to turn off.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did anyone end up figuring this out? I’m doing the same thing. Got the leather seats w/heated and cooled seats in place but can’t seem to figure out how to get the feature to work. Already swapped in sync 3 with heated and cooled buttons and activated them in forescan. But, the seats have a plug that needs to be plugged in somewhere.
Also, in regards to the light, I’ve ready you have to swap over the passenger occupancy sensor. I will be trying that this weekend to see if I can get the light to turn off.
Base cars don't have the right plug for heating/cooling. Gotta wire it up manually.

Sponsored

KonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Base cars don't have the right plug for heating/cooling. Gotta wire it up manually.
Sounds good. Is it the same in the 18-20 cars as 15-17. I’ve seen a write up here for the 17 I believe. Same thing? Thanks.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
For heating/cooling seats you need control on the panel which you don't. How are you going to control that?

1615654479958.png

1615654426816.png

KonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
For heating/cooling seats you need control on the panel which you don't. How are you going to control that?

1615654479958.png

1615654426816.png
Like I already said, I’ve swapped over the control panel and sync 3 with the buttons.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra