Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I grew up racing on two wheels, I have a very basic understanding of car tires but asking questions is how you learn, right? At any rate, I have the black accent package so 19/8.5 rims. I just bought Project 6GR Seven in gloss black, 19/10 squared. The little bit of research I’ve done landed me at 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or Pilot Sport 4S. I don’t wanna run wheel spacers, at least not at the moment.

Anyone with better experience than me I welcome your opinion and thank you for the time! Better size, better tire, better anything?

My car is currently stock ride height and I use it 100% as a toy. I’m not competing anymore and I don’t drive it every day.

PS, anyone want to buy my stock rims/tires they have 1k miles on them and are mint, ‘21 five spoke black accent wheels.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
For the 19x10 I would go 265/35 and 295/30s. These cars need a bigger rear. As far as brand ...least expensive stickiest you can get.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm on my 3rd set of Michellin Pilot Sports in 285/35R19 on 19x10 square P6GR sevens. Good choice. (first MPSS, then two sets of MP4S). Had em for a while.

285/35 is the way to go.

Whoever said you want narrower front tires than rear tires is just wrong :p Square 285 tires work brilliantly.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Yeah, I'm on my 3rd set of Michellin Pilot Sports in 285/35R19 on 19x10 square P6GR sevens. Good choice. (first MPSS, then two sets of MP4S). Had em for a while.

285/35 is the way to go.

Whoever said you want narrower front tires than rear tires is just wrong :p Square 285 tires work brilliantly.
Thanks, there’s so many different opinions on here, glad at least someone thinks 19/10 square is a good idea other than me 😂😂. Thank you!

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Thanks, there’s so many different opinions on here, glad at least someone thinks 19/10 square is a good idea other than me 😂😂. Thank you!
For 10 inch wheels, you want 285 square as best fitment. If you are not tracking it or doing some very extreme driving on the street, the 4S will be better.

I even track with 4S 285 square since I daily as well.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
For 10 inch wheels, you want 285 square as best fitment. If you are not tracking it or doing some very extreme driving on the street, the 4S will be better.

I even track with 4S 285 square since I daily as well.
thanks for the insight, is that because the cup 2 needs to be pushed more to generate/keep heat in the tire?

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
For the 19x10 I would go 265/35 and 295/30s. These cars need a bigger rear. As far as brand ...least expensive stickiest you can get.
Why would you get a squared-up set of wheels so you can rotate tires then buy tires sized so you can't rotate?

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
If the car is never tracked, I would put 275/40 on it. The slightly taller sidewall helps fill the fender gap for a better look, plus it's usually a cheaper size to buy. Also, in my area some shops charge more for mounting 35 and lower series tires, many won't even do it claiming they don't have the machine for it.

As for brand, I really like the Firestone Indy 500's, much cheaper than the Michelins and they stick like glue compared to the stock Pirellis.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I grew up racing on two wheels, I have a very basic understanding of car tires but asking questions is how you learn, right? At any rate, I have the black accent package so 19/8.5 rims. I just bought Project 6GR Seven in gloss black, 19/10 squared. The little bit of research I’ve done landed me at 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or Pilot Sport 4S. I don’t wanna run wheel spacers, at least not at the moment.

Anyone with better experience than me I welcome your opinion and thank you for the time! Better size, better tire, better anything?

My car is currently stock ride height and I use it 100% as a toy. I’m not competing anymore and I don’t drive it every day.

PS, anyone want to buy my stock rims/tires they have 1k miles on them and are mint, ‘21 five spoke black accent wheels.
Don't want to hijack your thread, but I have the Black Accent Package 19x8.5's on my 2022 base GT and your thread is helpful as I'm still in the phase of considering whether to keep the wheels or not. I ordered them thinking they're a great deal for factory 19's on the car, but after seeing them, they are pretty low-key, pretty mild fitment, and I think if I lower the car, they'll look awkwardly skinny unless I put on spacers, and I'm not convinced about the safety of spacers., not to mention the hassle of tire shops refusing to touch the car anymore.

I'm looking at the mach1 base 5-spoke wheels, because I prefer to keep an OEM look, I want to stay black, and I trust OEM wheel quality. However, I am on the fence, because I don't know if they are aggressive enough to merit the change, I don't know how much they weigh, and they are flat black, not gloss. I like them glossy. So I'm at an impasse. The net result is I'll probably keep the stock wheels on for a few months.
Sponsored