2016 RR GT/CS

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Has anybody used the "Stallion" 10" wide racing stripes offered by MoProAuto?
Two body shops and a professional trim shop have turned me down because they're not a licensed product and don't even want to attempt to stripe my car.

I realize I live in the boonies and I expected this kind of treatment, but this is ridiculous.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Big Worm Duel Wide with pinstripe: Gun Metal Metallic with Silver Metallic
DSC_0060.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg

Billca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Big Worm Duel Wide with pinstripe: Gun Metal Metallic with Silver Metallic
Beautiful combination.......and definitely Gunmetal Metallic on the wide stripes and not Satin Dark Silver? My monitor can't be very accurate.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Beautiful combination.......and definitely Gunmetal Metallic on the wide stripes and not Satin Dark Silver? My monitor can't be very accurate.
Correct. Its got a nice sparkle in the sun, too

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Has anybody used the "Stallion" 10" wide racing stripes offered by MoProAuto?
Two body shops and a professional trim shop have turned me down because they're not a licensed product and don't even want to attempt to stripe my car.

I realize I live in the boonies and I expected this kind of treatment, but this is ridiculous.
I don't know what they are talking about,the stallion design is sold by all the stripe suppliers. They buy the design for their cutting machines. It is available in all the popular materials.
I have mine in Avery Supreme Wrap. It is supposed to be the longest lasting. They offer the only warranty on horizontal surfaces. It goes on dry.
I too live in the boonies. I asked the car dealers for a name of the guy that does it every day. I found him and he came by my house and installed. I'm happy.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Anyone installed the "Mega Hood" graphics? I like it but, interested in seeing it on something other than a black car with matte black stripes. Vendor's don't seem to have customer gallery pics.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Anyone installed the "Mega Hood" graphics? I like it but, interested in seeing it on something other than a black car with matte black stripes. Vendor's don't seem to have customer gallery pics.
We have the "Cowl Hood Stripe" which is the same thing, below are some pictures with 2 other color combinations

2015-gt-wht-matte-blk-hood-lrg.jpg

2015-gt-blk-matte-char-cowl-hood-lrg.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Mega Hood

Almost but not quite the same. There is more a taper to the front the 1/4" pinstripes is what I am looking for. Appreciate the pics though.
Mega Hood.jpg

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Almost but not quite the same. There is more a taper to the front the 1/4" pinstripes is what I am looking for. Appreciate the pics though.
The taper is actually the same, different angle picture and no pinstripe makes it look different thou. We left the pinstripe off to make it an easier install. In our testing the pinstripe wants to wrinkle as it gets to the front of the hood, without the pinstripe it's a lot easier to shrink the vinyl slightly which keeps it from wrinkling. We tried different width pinstripes and a couple of other things, but same results. An experienced installer can do it, but it's very tricky if you have limited experience.