Show and Shine... Post your ride

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I do the same. Wipe all the paint with P&S Absolute and spray the valve covers and other slightly greasy bits with APC, a little brush then rinse. CarPro Perl on the plastics around the front, sides, and the cowl. Then a few spritz of KCx Motorplast on the engine itself to protect the hoses and such. I like you have done the first part this weekend, ie the painted stuff with Rinseless. Will do the other when I wash this weekend. I haven't had mine out in 2 weeks, need to fix that :)
I was thinking of using Perl, but I think I’m going to try the stuff Les recommended since it has some water resisting properties. Rinseless wash out of a pump sprayer worked really well on the painted areas and even the plastic parts. Got all the dust off the valve covers and IM as well.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I was thinking of using Perl, but I think I’m going to try the stuff Les recommended since it has some water resisting properties. Rinseless wash out of a pump sprayer worked really well on the painted areas and even the plastic parts. Got all the dust off the valve covers and IM as well.
Yeah Perl has always been my go to, I used it last time, haven't used anything in a while and it still looks good. I have all kinds of dressings to try, I might even do a panel prep wipe and break out the CarPro DLux ceramic coating :) It did wonders for the black plastic trim on my Mazda and its exposed to the sun daily. That said, KCx Motorplast is amazing, very self leveling on all the engine bits, nice satin sheen and dust resistant.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Couple of left of field engine bay products to consider if you prefer something that is going to last beyond what a traditional water-based dressing like Perl, Motorplast or Hyper Dressing would do.

Carpro Reload (or Gyeon Cure, KCx S0.02) - I really love what Reload does to matte black plastic, adding richness to the finish rather than making it shiny or greasy.

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

Carpro ECH20 - this is basically a quick detailer/waterless wash, but it does a similar job to Reload, imparting a nice clean, matte finish. I often use this to wipe over the engine bay after each wash, able to be used across all surfaces including the painted sections, rubber hoses and plastic covers. It smells awesome too!

IMG-7688.jpg

IMG-5475.jpg

Products like Bead Maker and OG Drying Aid work in a similar manner -

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

Because both of these dry and bond to the applied surface, they don't accumulate dust and can be hosed off without removing the effect. The only drawback being you can't just spray and walk away. Having said that, in theory you could use Gyeon Wet Coat or Carpro Hydr02 for the same effect.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Couple of left of field engine bay products to consider if you prefer something that is going to last beyond what a traditional water-based dressing like Perl, Motorplast or Hyper Dressing would do.

Carpro Reload (or Gyeon Cure, KCx S0.02) - I really love what Reload does to matte black plastic, adding richness to the finish rather than making it shiny or greasy.

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

Carpro ECH20 - this is basically a quick detailer/waterless wash, but it does a similar job to Reload, imparting a nice clean, matte finish. I often use this to wipe over the engine bay after each wash, able to be used across all surfaces including the painted sections, rubber hoses and plastic covers. It smells awesome too!

IMG-7688.jpg

IMG-5475.jpg

Products like Bead Maker and OG Drying Aid work in a similar manner -

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

Because both of these dry and bond to the applied surface, they don't accumulate dust and can be hosed off without removing the effect. The only drawback being you can't just spray and walk away. Having said that, in theory you could use Gyeon Wet Coat or Carpro Hydr02 for the same effect.
Wow, I never thought about that. I use ECH20/Reload mix as a drying aid often, but haven't thought about using under the hood other than on the painted surfaces.. And Hydro2/Wet Coat is even better idea. Spray and rinse. That's why I like Motorplast, spray on and close the hood and it self levels itself.

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
LS3_3340.jpeg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Polished with Koch Chemie P1 01 With a Rupes white finishing pad. Takes a shiny finish up a level.
55963F13-A7AC-47FC-94EC-8649EAD25CA2.jpeg

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dayyumm. Looks fantastic! Products used?
Just the basics, clay bar, 3M (A) compound, cleaning using Wipeout from chemical guys, the some of the $100 ceramic coating off of Amazon. It doesn't last as long, so you have to apply it more often.

Sponsored