Sponsored

Show and Shine... Post your ride

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
5B23EE24-FC25-4EF9-88ED-014A2F105BAE.jpeg

I detailed this yesterday and used both Drying Aid and Tire Dressing from Obsessed Garage! We both gravitate to the same products! Again, I’m really liking the results!
Where do you source the OG products from? Thanks.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Thanks. I was gonna make an order but will probably just continue with BeadMaker or Paint Gloss Showroom Spray n Shine to save shipping. Any idea how the OG compares to Adams regular pink detail spray? I have the Adams Adv Ceramic Coating but i’m not a fan of the Graphene Detail Spray from Adams.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks. I was gonna make an order but will probably just continue with BeadMaker or Paint Gloss Showroom Spray n Shine to save shipping. Any idea how the OG compares to Adams regular pink detail spray? I have the Adams Adv Ceramic Coating but i’m not a fan of the Graphene Detail Spray from Adams.
I use the Adam’s Detail Spray (pink stuff). It’s good, adds a little slickness. A little goes a long way otherwise it streaks a bit

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea how the OG compares to Adams regular pink detail spray?
I have Adam’s pink detail spray. My opinion it’s good, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid is great. A very close second to OG drying aid is Koch Chemie Qf (Quick Finish)
For longevity I like Koch Chemie S0 02 sealant. Slick, very shiny and lasts between 4 to 6 months depending on products used for maintenance cleaning and that comes from detailing repeat customers cars after applying SO O2. I also have a black Jeep hood that I got from a bodyshop that I put multiple products on including S0 02 and place behind my garage out in the weather for comparison for longevity and got the same results. Beadmaker is definitely a great product but I personally like Obsessed Garage Drying Aid better. My experience is OG is easier to use even on glass. It never streaks or smudges in humId and really hot or cold weather. Just my opinion.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I have Adam’s pink detail spray. My opinion it’s good, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid is great. A very close second to OG drying aid is Koch Chemie Qf (Quick Finish)
For longevity I like Koch Chemie S0 02 sealant. Slick, very shiny and lasts between 4 to 6 months depending on products used for maintenance cleaning and that comes from detailing repeat customers cars after applying SO O2. I also have a black Jeep hood that I got from a bodyshop that I put multiple products on including S0 02 and place behind my garage out in the weather for comparison for longevity and got the same results. Beadmaker is definitely a great product but I personally like Obsessed Garage Drying Aid better. My experience is OG is easier to use even on glass. It never streaks or smudges in humId and really hot or cold weather. Just my opinion.
I’d definitely like to try it but paying $17 for shipping is a dealbreaker. He should sell on Amazon but I understand his business model. Maybe if I was buying more products but I’m fairly set there. I have Adams Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating as my base. Do you have any affiliation with OG?

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Below is a list of most of the products I have (Not all)
1695623944988.png

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just to explain things a little further to hopefully give you some context in regards to the differences between them -

Bead Maker - a polymer spray sealant, offering moderate protection and durability but extreme slickness and gloss. A great topper.

OG Drying Aid - this is another polymer sealant, but with added durability. Almost as glossy and slick as Bead Maker, but easier to use. The lack of color and scent contributes to that.

Paint Gloss - this is a quick detailer, offering little to no protection. That can be a good thing though. It excels at gloss and slickness, its also an anti-static product. Paint Gloss will wash off in the rain or next wash.

Adam's Detail Spray - same attributes as Paint Gloss. Both are great drying aids.

I would share those sentiments as well. Both are solid options though, just that the OG product is more forgiving to variable climatic conditions.

If you want to buy something more readily available, OG Drying Aid shares a base formula with Adam's Slick & Slide, Ethos Pro-Shine and Xtreme Solutions Topper. Because of the color and scent added to those products, you do have a very slight difference in the application feel...............and I mean slight.

Xtreme Solutions (877askxtreme.com)
Ceramic Detail Spray - Quick Detailer, Streak Free Formula! (ethoscarcare.com)
Adam's Slick & Slide - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

I’d definitely like to try it but paying $17 for shipping is a dealbreaker. He should sell on Amazon but I understand his business model. Maybe if I was buying more products but I’m fairly set there. I have Adams Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating as my base. Do you have any affiliation with OG?
His business model is all about picking and choosing from the thounsands of products on the market to create a line of benchmarks. Amazon doesn't really suit that model.

As a bit of a counter argument to charging shipping, he doesn't have the buying power and resultant margins to allow free shipping. For his private label products (Tire Dressing, Decon Soap and Drying Aid), he is bottling and labeling those products in-house rather than a large production line like Adam's and Ethos have access to. Higher labor input + lower buying power = a higher asking price.

He also provides an extensive back catalog of videos to support the product, which I think has some value. I have learned a lot from his videos, which then gives me confidence to buy some of his products.

No, none at all.
I'm not either, I just share information on products I think are worth buying. Sometimes those products are expensive, sometimes they are bargains.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
His business model is all about picking and choosing from the thounsands of products on the market to create a line of benchmarks. Amazon doesn't really suit that model.

As a bit of a counter argument to charging shipping, he doesn't have the buying power and resultant margins to allow free shipping. For his private label products (Tire Dressing, Decon Soap and Drying Aid), he is bottling and labeling those products in-house rather than a large production line like Adam's and Ethos have access to. Higher labor input + lower buying power = a higher asking price.

He also provides an extensive back catalog of videos to support the product, which I think has some value. I have learned a lot from his videos, which then gives me confidence to buy some of his products.

I'm not either, I just share information on products I think are worth buying. Sometimes those products are expensive, sometimes they are bargains.
I understand why it is what it is, that model turns away a lot of customers who would otherwise like to try his products. His Drying agent is close enough to two other products that many choose those over his because of shipping alone. A Google search shows quite a few responses on car forums mentioning the same concern. I don’t spend enough or order enough to justify a $240 membership. I would think 9.99 to ship a gallon container would open him to a much greater volume that would more than compensate for the lower shipping. Few people are going to spend 33% of the products cost on an additional shipping charge. I will wait for Black Friday and see what happens though👍

Wfohog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt..2022 Ford Maverick
20223 GT with night pony package active exhaust, Roush Performance H pipe (resonator delete) ,Injen cold air intake, Hurst Competition plus short throw shifter, J&L oil separator, GT 350 track style rear spoiler, Ford Performance strut tower brace & hood struts, Mishimoto polished aluminum coolant tank, Speed Forum billet aluminum oil, radiator, master cylinder & washer fluid caps....more on the way .

20230929_190139.jpg

20230929_185945.jpg

20230929_185957.jpg

20230929_185930.jpg

20230920_185524.jpg

20230827_130925.jpg
Sponsored