Sponsored

Should I add anything while doing lowering springs?

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Yea Norm the S550 platform is restrictive for front camber and for track use at least these cars need camber plates for more neg camber. The rear is fine.

You should at the very least install camber bolts on the front struts!! I think about $50. Worth it just in case.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
If using steeda's front control arms with the extended ball stud on the lateral link and a 0.8" - 1" drop you'll be around -1.3 on the front camber where it ends up.

It will be more negative if you keep the stock / PP control arms.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If using steeda's front control arms with the extended ball stud on the lateral link and a 0.8" - 1" drop you'll be around -1.3 on the front camber where it ends up.
That's if the cambers before all the modifications are close to "factory preferred". Trust me, not all cars are as close to that as most people assume they are.

Norm

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
That's if the cambers before all the modifications are close to "factory preferred". Trust me, not all cars are as close to that as most people assume they are.

Norm
Norm your right I should have added YMMV since there seems to be quite a variance with these cars. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones where both sides ended up the same @ -1.3 without plates or bolts.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm your right I should have added YMMV since there seems to be quite a variance with these cars. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones where both sides ended up the same @ -1.3 without plates or bolts.
Seems some things never change. Cambers (front only, obviously) on my '08 measured out at around -1.7° against -0.75° preferred and -1.5° max negative . . . as delivered to me pretty much straight off the truck.

Norm
Sponsored