TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So, you installed yourself? Did you wind up having to drop driveshaft / exhaust? I saw that (Or similar—I may well not be recalling right.) mentioned in the installation process. That's the only thing I'm leery of, and has me pondering if a good shop install may be wise.
I just installed the Steeda Tri Ax on my car, and ended up dropping the exhaust and driveshaft. It’s daunting to think of but truth be told it wasn’t bad. At the end of the day it’s a few more bolts in a bit of an awkward spot, but it’s way easier than working around them. Got it all buttoned up faster than I expected to.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Which Tri-Ax did you go for? The Street, or the Race?
I went for the race, full tilt. It’s taking a little bit to get used to but it gets better every time I drive it.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I did the Steeda reverse collar while I had it all apart too.
The Steeda black collar changes the looks completely; that's one of my favourite modifications. Too bad it's not made of metal, but I guess delrin is the next best thing.

Did you manage to fit the rubber boot over the Tri-Ax top plate, and to attach it to the floor exactly as it was previously? Some people report having problems with this step in post-2018 vehicles.
Any increase in NVH?

Last edited:

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I want a new, shorter shifter eventually. You all have me thinking MGW. I woke up in the middle of the night and read half of this thread, then fell back asleep. And I dreamed my Mustang had a foot and a half long shifter similar to the floor-mounted shifter from the Volkswagen bus I learned to drive in the early 80s. Picture that!

Sorry, had to share. I generally just tell my wife my weird dreams, but I wasn't sure she'd appreciate this one...
Sponsored