GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
22' Mustang EB HPP+HP ; 96
Vibrations, no rattles. I then added a weighted shift knob and that took care of the objectionable vibrations and I loved it from there.
Awesome! I sent you a private message regarding the bracket.
Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
For that bracket, was the added NVH noise & rattles? Or just the shift lever shaking more than usual?
A few days or so after installing my shifter I got some crazy loud buzzing at certain RPMs. It took me pretty much my entire hour-long commute to figure out that it was just the shift knob. It didn't actually feel loose, but eventually it began unscrewing itself on the way home... I had initially installed it with a drop or two of blue Permatex threadlocker, which obviously wasn't enough. Second time I went all the way around. Unfortunately, the Steeda knob only spins on 4 rotations on their shifter until it prevents you from shifting into reverse.

Now, I'm wanting to ditch the Steeda knob and get one of the weighted knobs in this thread... Thanks guys! 😜

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
A few days or so after installing my shifter I got some crazy loud buzzing at certain RPMs. It took me pretty much my entire hour-long commute to figure out that it was just the shift knob. It didn't actually feel loose, but eventually it began unscrewing itself on the way home... I had initially installed it with a drop or two of blue Permatex threadlocker, which obviously wasn't enough. Second time I went all the way around. Unfortunately, the Steeda knob only spins on 4 rotations on their shifter until it prevents you from shifting into reverse.

Now, I'm wanting to ditch the Steeda knob and get one of the weighted knobs in this thread... Thanks guys! 😜
Thanks for that info! That's really good to know.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I had a 2019 6MT Ecoboost Premium. I liked it just fine, except the clutch release point needed to be moved up (so only slight clutch depressing is needed to shift, and this would promote fast shifting). A nice old fashioned shift knob would help. Moving to a GT is what you really need (like I did).

I'd say the best shifter of stock vehicle is the Miata - very short and precise.

RTR Shift Knob.jpg

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2019 6MT Ecoboost Premium. I liked it just fine, except the clutch release point needed to be moved up a bit (so only slight clutch depressing is needed to shift). A nice old fashioned shift knob would help. Moving to a GT is what you really need (like I did).

RTR Shift Knob.jpg
An upgraded shift knob is definitely coming up soon! The guys on this thread convinced me that a weighted one is the way to go.

I definitely dig GT's but it just doesn't make sense for the amount of driving I do. My ecoboost is treating me just fine and I imagine I'll be keeping it for quite a while.

Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
amount of driving I do. My ecoboost is treating me just fine
Good fit then.

Let me add, I had to use this method, so I can remove the knob when needed without destroying it. The first knob I installed I used bunch of Blue locktite stick and when I had to remove it, the threaded aluminum core (frozen to the shifter) came off the resin knob rendering it unfit for reuse.
Knob Install.jpg

Last edited:

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
I rarely experience lockout now, it use to be third for me but almost 90% gone, I do get locked out of 1st anything over 15mph though but that was as well as stock, when I first installed the bracket, that was when I didn't get locked out as much but once I got the ford performance and relubricated everything I believe that also helped a lot in smoothness

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
so the notchness got worse with new bushing ?
Nah it improved in my opinion, I like the notchiness, feels satisfying going through gear but if you just want a good improved upgrade and keep the soft shifter then just do the bracket and not a short shifter, i feel the transmounted shifters will get even more notchy because there all solid linked together

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
Good fit then.

Let me add, I had to use this method, so I can remove the knob when needed without destroying it. The first knob I installed I used bunch of Blue locktite stick and when I had to remove it, the threaded aluminum core (frozen to the shifter) came off the resin knob rendering it unfit for reuse.
Knob Install.jpg
Thanks for dropping this info+graphic here. I'm sure this'll come in handy.

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
I rarely experience lockout now, it use to be third for me but almost 90% gone, I do get locked out of 1st anything over 15mph though but that was as well as stock, when I first installed the bracket, that was when I didn't get locked out as much but once I got the ford performance and relubricated everything I believe that also helped a lot in smoothness
Nice! That's reassuring.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I did the full tilt boogie shifter bracket on my '21 GT and a shelby american short throw shifter i got for cheap on ebay, all total $225. Not spending $600 for a shifter. Gear changes are night and day. Yes, more NVH in the shifter, which I prefer. I want to feel the ponies at 7k rpm. I also would suggest you replace the plastic clutch line with braided steel and swap out the brake fluid to DOT 5.1 or better. All of this really helped cut down on the shift lockout on track days for me.

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
I did the full tilt boogie shifter bracket on my '21 GT and a shelby american short throw shifter i got for cheap on ebay, all total $225. Not spending $600 for a shifter. Gear changes are night and day. Yes, more NVH in the shifter, which I prefer. I want to feel the ponies at 7k rpm. I also would suggest you replace the plastic clutch line with braided steel and swap out the brake fluid to DOT 5.1 or better. All of this really helped cut down on the shift lockout on track days for me.
Swap out the clutch line? This is the first I've heard of that. What differences did you notice?

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
Wish Barton would make shifter for the ecoboost. Then it would be a done deal.
I actually reached out to Barton about a shifter unit for the Ecoboost models and they said that they do actually make one. I've quoted them below.

"Hi Gabriel,For some reason it's not on the website but we do sale PN: 2015BM1EB-25 which is for the ecoboost. It looks like the Hybrid 3 except it doesn't have the two legs that come down and hook to the transmission. The price is $509.99. You would need to call in your order 607-863-4757"

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Well hell yea. My wife will be happy Senses it’s going in her car. Just have to wait till blk Friday sale. That’s when I got mine for 350 otd.

Last edited:

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Swap out the clutch line? This is the first I've heard of that. What differences did you notice?
The plastic line from the clutch master to the trans will start to flex / expand when heated up......especially at the track. When I removed mine I could take both thumbs and compress the line some. Think about your brake fluid which is also clutch fluid..... after extended periods of hard braking at the track it's 300 degrees easy, probably hotter. First track day I had I boiled the brake fluid on the stock brakes, stock fluid is rated at 400 I think. I also ran into shift lockout in 2nd and 3rd to the point I had to hold the clutch in for 1-2 seconds before attempting to shift. Installed a trans mount shifter bracket, braided clutch line, gt350 front calipers & pads, DOT 5.1 fluid. Next track day no fade on the brakes and the shift lockout was much better.
Sponsored