Sponsored

Shifting Impovements (6MT) for a Street Driven Ecoboost

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely dig GT's but it just doesn't make sense for the amount of driving I do. My ecoboost is treating me just fine and I imagine I'll be keeping it for quite a while.
The trick to happy EB ownership is to go deep into the throttle and keep the RPMS up (3000 or better, definitely not below 2500). I switch back and forth every day between the GT and EB, and if I drive the EB like I do the GT ("sensible" throttle) then you don't tickle the boost.
Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
The trick to happy EB ownership is to go deep into the throttle and keep the RPMS up (3000 or better, definitely not below 2500). I switch back and forth every day between the GT and EB, and if I drive the EB like I do the GT ("sensible" throttle) then you don't tickle the boost.
I’ll check that box. Cause I to have both also and shift point are very different. GT biggest problem is weak trash clutch that causes 2nd gear lock out.

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
22' Mustang EB HPP+HP ; 96
I agree. Once I hit 3rd gear, I don't shift until almost redline. I feel the power right up until 5k rpm. Pretty solid feeling engine.

OP
OP
GreenMachine22

GreenMachine22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
22' Mustang EB HPP+HP ; 96
*Update* Tell me if you've heard this one before. I replaced the trans fluid with BG Synchro and it made a world of difference. Well, it did. 85% of my issues are gone just from that.

I also installed the Steeda shifter bushing+bracket. That firmed up the shifter a little bit and made the 3rd gear & 5th gear shifts less clunky. No noticeable NVH increase, aside from slightly more vibration at idle. I would say there's 0 drawbacks so far. The install was a pain in the a** though.

I'm buying a Steeds tri ax street shifter off of another 6G member in a few days. I probably should have waited to install both the shifter and the bushing together, but I'm impatient. Definitely paying a shop to do the shifter. I'll let you guys know my thoughts a couple days after.

Thanks for all of the help so far though!
Sponsored