Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
A review of this when paired with our shifter:
I was skeptical to get this at first. I didn't think that just a bolt in short shifter would work as well as replacing the whole shifter assembly. Boy was I wrong, the shifter quality is great. It feels natural now not only is the throw ridiculously less but it's supper tight because of the mount bracket. Hands down great product, customer service rocks too
Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I finally installed mine yesterday after ordering last fall. I removed my exhaust for easier access and it was still a royal pain for me. I have large hands and had a very difficult time accessing the small area to a) mount the bracket, b) screw it in, c) mount the bottom half and d) screw in the bottom half. I should have screwed the bottom half on slightly first and then mounted just like the removal process. I did not and ended up stripping the screw hole thread on one side. So I had to remove the entire bracket again, repair the thread, and remount. The second time I did it in one piece and it worked a lot better. It was still very difficult due to access and my big fat hands. I can not even imagine trying to do this with the exhaust pipes in the way. Well, that said, I did have a chance to drive for a short bit afterwards on the way out to dinner and the shifter does seem to go into the gates more precisely and with less "slop". So I am happy in the end. Next time, I would pay a shop to do it. I did not notice any additional vibration or noise from the shifter. I did notice additional "noise" from the exhaust since it was hanging too low before (MBRP) and I mounted it closer to the body this time. :-) P.S. I did this on ramps and was under the car on my back, which did not help at all. My sore muscles today attest to that.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Sorry you had so much trouble [MENTION=13382]Cueball[/MENTION] I did mine with the exhaust on but on a lift. And I have a Magnaflow Comp CBE so not having the stock resonator there was the biggest help I believe. I dint think it could be done very easily with the stock exhaust there. Since I was on a lift I used a 1/4" drive ratchet with a series of extensions and swivel and made the job much easier. The hardest part for me was getting the stock bracket clip off...

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I need this and the tranny mount!!! It's on the 2016 build list, as soon as I get my car back from body shop!

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How big a difference between 60D and 70D?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
How big a difference between 60D and 70D?
Are you referring to our trans mount? The shifter assembly bracket doesn't have any durometer bushing choices to select from.

In regards to the trans mount, the 60D is much better suited for street driving due to the fact that it doesn't transmit nearly as much noise into the cabin as the 70D one does. However, since the 70D is stiffer, it results in even less drivetrain flex.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sorry yes I was referring to the tranny mount. Ok sounds like 70D is what I need. When will they be back in stock?

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Status
Not open for further replies.