Sponsored

Shifteck H pipe review

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
Couldn't sit tight and wait on lethal performance anymore, and $200 isn't a big deal, so I went ahead and gave this a shot. I remember a member on here posting about this particular product, and posted videos with the sound and I absolutely loved it. I did one of those dumb caveman laughs when I heard it.
My experience is sort of the same as his. In the email from Shifteck they said they would ship it as soon as they modified it as they are just the same pipes for the 350 and they flare the ends out. Thank God I happened to find an amazing shop near me to install this. They did all the metal work to make it fit perfect. Even with the ends flared out, they way it come from shifteck it still needed more to make it fit, so keep that in mind if you're going to order. You can see in the pic that I put the exhaust wrap around it to help mitigate heat into the driveshaft and floor board, but again the shop stepped up and modified the original heat shield to still use about 2/3 of it. After they opened the ends up better it slid right on and then they welded it to keep everything happy and in place. I cannot overstate how happy I am with the shop. If it weren't for them this product would've been dead on arrival. That all said, once it was hooked up it was all worth it. My sweet God, the sound is intoxicating. I need to have someone ride with me so I can get a driving full throttle video, that's where the sound is so good it makes you dumb giggle. The best story I have so far is that when I took my 8 year old son on a drive to hear it, I gunned it and he turned to me with a smile and just said "I love you dad". hahaha.
If the reviews on the HH pipe are insane when it finally comes out, I have no problem switching over to it, but I have NO regrets getting this one.
Other than a carbon fiber hood vent, this and the JLT air intake I did is all I wanted to get done to the car. I'm 2000 miles into it since getting it in October and loved every mile. Hope this helps some of you out there. If you have the means to make it fit and work, the shiftteck h pipe produces an incredible sound for only $200. The heat wrap cost about $30 and the install was about $150 ( that includes all the extra work they did too ). I'll try to get a driving video soon. The start up is nice, but not the money shot
20211109_095345.jpg
20211109_095339.jpg

20211109_095342.jpg

20211109_090527.jpg
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Couldn't sit tight and wait on lethal performance anymore, and $200 isn't a big deal, so I went ahead and gave this a shot. I remember a member on here posting about this particular product, and posted videos with the sound and I absolutely loved it. I did one of those dumb caveman laughs when I heard it.
My experience is sort of the same as his. In the email from Shifteck they said they would ship it as soon as they modified it as they are just the same pipes for the 350 and they flare the ends out. Thank God I happened to find an amazing shop near me to install this. They did all the metal work to make it fit perfect. Even with the ends flared out, they way it come from shifteck it still needed more to make it fit, so keep that in mind if you're going to order. You can see in the pic that I put the exhaust wrap around it to help mitigate heat into the driveshaft and floor board, but again the shop stepped up and modified the original heat shield to still use about 2/3 of it. After they opened the ends up better it slid right on and then they welded it to keep everything happy and in place. I cannot overstate how happy I am with the shop. If it weren't for them this product would've been dead on arrival. That all said, once it was hooked up it was all worth it. My sweet God, the sound is intoxicating. I need to have someone ride with me so I can get a driving full throttle video, that's where the sound is so good it makes you dumb giggle. The best story I have so far is that when I took my 8 year old son on a drive to hear it, I gunned it and he turned to me with a smile and just said "I love you dad". hahaha.
If the reviews on the HH pipe are insane when it finally comes out, I have no problem switching over to it, but I have NO regrets getting this one.
Other than a carbon fiber hood vent, this and the JLT air intake I did is all I wanted to get done to the car. I'm 2000 miles into it since getting it in October and loved every mile. Hope this helps some of you out there. If you have the means to make it fit and work, the shiftteck h pipe produces an incredible sound for only $200. The heat wrap cost about $30 and the install was about $150 ( that includes all the extra work they did too ). I'll try to get a driving video soon. The start up is nice, but not the money shot
20211109_095345.jpg
20211109_095339.jpg

20211109_095342.jpg

20211109_090527.jpg
Car sounds good. I’m waiting for the Corsa unit myself. BTW I love your license plate! 👌