350 Gone...

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So it’s being discontinued they say... so all we will have is basically the GT with the performance packs and the 500....

even though it was tracked focused than HP focused I think it looked great... has Ford explained why the demise of it?
Guess looking at Dodge there’s no mid range either you get the 392 or the supercharged motors and that’s it... same for ford now it looks like...
Sponsored

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Every manufacturer does this and has been doin this for many years it’s like they are trying to one up each other through out history haha but ya I think the move of dropping the 350 was to open way for the Mach 1 since the gt500 is out, I recently bought my 2020 gt350 and like the looks of it better then Mach 1 in my opinion

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
So it’s being discontinued they say... so all we will have is basically the GT with the performance packs and the 500....

even though it was tracked focused than HP focused I think it looked great... has Ford explained why the demise of it?
Guess looking at Dodge there’s no mid range either you get the 392 or the supercharged motors and that’s it... same for ford now it looks like...
They are releasing the Mach1 which is somewhere between a GT350 and PP2 Mustang. And of course they released the GT500. I think most people expected the GT350 to be a short run, the fact that it even lasted this long and they produced as many cars as they did is more surprising than them ceasing production. Sales last year really started to slow and many dealers had to offer discounts on the GT350 to sell it. As an owner I am glad they stopped production as I really hope it starts to stablize resale value.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Just as Ford produced the first generation GT350's back in the day for 6 model years namely from 1965 to 1970 they again produced the second generation GT350's for a 6 model year run from 2015 to 2020.

I was fortunate to tour the FRAP a little over a year ago and during one discussion with a young lady who certainly was in the know with a great deal of things surrounding the FRAP she mentioned to me at the time that Ford intends to only have the GT350 and GT500 produced on the same assembly for only 1 model year namely the 2020 MY therefore the decision to discontinue production for the GT350/R's was decided quite some time ago which is pretty much normal for any large automotive manufacturer.

When the dust settles I suggest that the FRAP will have produced some ~27,000 GT350/R's over 6 model years and coming equipped with the high strung and exotic FPC engine therefore it was time to move on to another chapter of Mustang such as the GT500 and now Mach I models.

Say what you want about the FPC engine but I for one feel very fortunate to have been around when Ford launched this outstanding NA engine 5 years ago!!:clap::clap:

I also very fortunate to have experienced this unique and terrific engine on both the street and the track and in a Shelby Mustang that has no resonators and set in Track Mode and shifting at 8250 RPM!!

:like::like:

Sponsored

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Just as Ford produced the first generation GT350's back in the day for 6 model years namely from 1965 to 1970 they again produced the second generation GT350's for a 6 model year run from 2015 to 2020.

I was fortunate to tour the FRAP a little over a year ago and during one discussion with a young lady who certainly was in the know with a great deal of things surrounding the FRAP she mentioned to me at the time that Ford intends to only have the GT350 and GT500 produced on the same assembly for only 1 model year namely the 2020 MY therefore the decision to discontinue production for the GT350/R's was decided quite some time ago which is pretty much normal for any large automotive manufacturer.

When the dust settles I suggest that the FRAP will have produced some ~27,000 GT350/R's over 6 model years and coming equipped with the high strung and exotic FPC engine therefore it was time to move on to another chapter of Mustang such as the GT500 and now Mach I models.

Say what you want about the FPC engine but I for one feel very fortunate to have been around when Ford launched this outstanding NA engine 5 years ago!!:clap::clap:

I also very fortunate to have experienced this unique and terrific engine on both the street and the track and in a Shelby Mustang that has no resonators and set in Track Mode and shifting at 8250 RPM!!

:like::like:
Exactly it’s a long term sales pitch it keeps generations thinking damm remember the gt350 I wonder when the new one is gonna come out, just like when they stop producing the gt500 in 14. I would catch myself wondering like I wonder what the new gt500 will look like and what power plant it would have? It’s keeps car enthusiasts wanting more haha it’s like and addiction. I’m lucky to own both a 2013 gt500 and now a 2020 gt350

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Specialty models almost always have a planned duration. Ford has licensing fees to Shelby and like the Bullitt, the contracts come to an end. The GT350 is not being 'killed off', it just ran the course. It always amazes me how some seem to take a celebratory tone that the Shelby is ending - green envy perhaps? This Ford Shelby run likely would have ended earlier, but Ford wanted to launch the GT500 before ending the GT350. 2019+ models may not have been produced with the enhancements if the GT500 launched earlier.

That said, I believe Shelby American will again enter an agreement with Ford for a mass produced Shelby variant. I think SA needs that to remain relevant in the marketplace. I also expect the next cycle of Shelby produced by Ford may either be a performance hybrid powertrain in a Mustang,,,,,,or more likely in my opinion a mass produced Shelby F150 variant. Shelby American already sells more trucks than Mustangs.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That said, I believe Shelby American will again enter an agreement with Ford for a mass produced Shelby variant. I think SA needs that to remain relevant in the marketplace. I also expect the next cycle of Shelby produced by Ford may either be a performance hybrid powertrain in a Mustang,,,,,,or more likely in my opinion a mass produced Shelby F150 variant. Shelby American already sells more trucks than Mustangs.
Ford Mustang Shelby Mach-E? :crackup:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Ford Mustang Shelby Mach-E? :crackup:
Oh God no....at least I hope so! But I will NOT be surprised to see Mach-Es dressed with Le Man stripes before long.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As I recall, the 350 and the 500 do not run concurrently. When one is released, the other is phased out.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Those that didn't get a chance to own one of these better buy a used one soon. I will not part with mine for trade-in dollars any time soon.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Those that didn't get a chance to own one of these better buy a used one soon. I will not part with mine for trade-in dollars any time soon.
there’s new ones still out there too

tsaints1115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tracey
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar, 2014 F150
And IF they didn't come out with new models people would complain that way also.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I honestly wish Ford would put the big-boy pants on again and take the Ford GT chassis, de-tech it a little, downsize the Voodoo to 4.5 liters, turbocharge it and VOILA (!!!) —>>>> PANTERA!

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I honestly wish Ford would put the big-boy pants on again and take the Ford GT chassis, de-tech it a little, downsize the Voodoo to 4.5 liters, turbocharge it and VOILA (!!!) —>>>> PANTERA!
garbage
Sponsored