Sponsored

350 Gone...

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
gt350 is the best looking Mustang i've ever seen. I was never really a fan of Mustangs before i got this one. Even the gt500 doesn't do it for me. The Mach 1 is a hard no as well.
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is an expensive car and it introduced great technology to the Mustang line. This amazing sounding exotic motor is a downside for Ford, no doubt. A Mach 1 is basically a GT350 suspension with a cheap motor, lowering the price point to around $50K and increasing the market by probably 10 times the customers. The 5.0 motor already has a massive market in performance parts so you can make a Mach 1 as fast as a GT500 with a little hard work and extra cash.

I think this is the Mustang I've always wanted, so I own a Shelby. I have plans to drive it for 60K miles in the next five years and enjoy every mile. It sounds amazing and looks even better and makes me smile every time I push the start button.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah wish I would’ve looked at the 350 before I grabbed my 5.0.

mine thing that stops me sometimes is the daily driving aspect or it just being transportation.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly wish Ford would put the big-boy pants on again and take the Ford GT chassis, de-tech it a little, downsize the Voodoo to 4.5 liters, turbocharge it and VOILA (!!!) —>>>> PANTERA!
I'll take the GT40s heritage over the Pantera any day.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
As I recall, the 350 and the 500 do not run concurrently. When one is released, the other is phased out.
This would be a very good assumption had there not been a huge overlap of Shelby models being available between 2007 and 2014. Up to this point in the Shelby Ford relationship that idea may have been correct...whether by accident or design only Shelby and Ford (or some historian) would know. But that theory goes out the window in 2007 if you look at all of the various Shelby models available (including GT350 and GT500 models).

Face it. GT350 S550 models have lost their luster. It's too easy to spend a fraction of the money to create a GT S550 that will out perform a GT350. Add to this the arrival of the GT500 and the elites dump their now antiquated but once coveted S550 GT350's and 13/14 GT500's for the latest and greatest to keep up with the Jones'.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This would be a very good assumption had there not been a huge overlap of Shelby models being available between 2007 and 2014. Up to this point in the Shelby Ford relationship that idea may have been correct...whether by accident or design only Shelby and Ford (or some historian) would know. But that theory goes out the window in 2007 if you look at all of the various Shelby models available (including GT350 and GT500 models).

Face it. GT350 S550 models have lost their luster. It's too easy to spend a fraction of the money to create a GT S550 that will out perform a GT350. Add to this the arrival of the GT500 and the elites dump their now antiquated but once coveted S550 GT350's and 13/14 GT500's for the latest and greatest to keep up with the Jones'.
I don't recall a GT350 being available in '07; I know there was a Shelby GT. I thought the 350 came back with the 5.0 in '11.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Yeah, that is why Car & Driver named the GT350 a GOAT.

There's a bitterness in your tone. Some people love their cars for what they are. Some people need their cars to define who they are and need to rank themselves among others.

FWIW I think the GT500 is very impressive. But it does not appeal to me for what I value (not what others value). By no means does the latest greatest lessen the GT350 in my mind (and heart).

Enjoy your ride.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
lol... that’s about the silliest comment I’ve heard on here in a little while, other than the other stupid comment I heard on here; “the word is out that the 350s are blowing up...”

You may not have one, or have experienced the true rawness of the s550 350/R, and I can appreciate your comment if you haven’t had one as a statement of utter ignorance.

If your statement was even remotely true, then why do so many who have had a 350 upgrade to a R? Why do more than a few R owners have more than one R?

This car will go down in history as a truly heroic, ballsy push by Ford to do what no other American car company chose to do... lay their balls on the line and make a mass-production factory FPC offering in a car that has the chassis and brakes to actually compliment the engine. The looks of the car are so appropriate for what it is, as well.

I’ve owned two Boss 302s, a 93/96 Cobra, a 2007 GT500, as well as a 71 Boss 351 and still have my 71 Mach 1 429CJ and not a one of them give me the thrill of the 350. There’s a really special, guttural feeling that I have when I eNjoy these cars and the rawness of their attributes. They have been such an influence that Chevy is bringing out a FPC Z06... so don’t tell me they’ve lost their flavor when their inspiring other car makes to have the same engine base.

Again... a statement from the have-nots that somehow try to influence us that have, that what we have is not an awesome car.

As someone else already told you, “Enjoy your ride,” and Happy 4th!

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

With respect to the huge overlap of Shelby models being available between 2007 and 2014, which overlap of Shelby models are you speaking of?

:sunglasses:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I have been a big fan of the GT350 since it’s return in 2015. There is a special history with the car and the man himself, Carroll Shelby. I had a taste of the Shelby legend during the 80’s when he was with the Chrysler Corporation. With the adjustments made for the MY 2020 R’s, I was compelled for a serious look. I also was highly suspicious that the MY 2020 would be the last as well as encroaching regulations will be a challenge for future generations of the traditional internal combustible engine. I dunno just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I have been a big fan of the GT350 since it’s return in 2015. There is a special history with the car and the man himself, Carroll Shelby. I had a taste of the Shelby legend during the 80’s when he was with the Chrysler Corporation. With the adjustments made for the MY 2020 R’s, I was compelled for a serious look. I also was highly suspicious that the MY 2020 would be the last as well as encroaching regulations will be a challenge for future generations of the traditional internal combustible engine. I dunno just my 2 cents.
And the manual high-performance car...

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
lol... that’s about the silliest comment I’ve heard on here in a little while, other than the other stupid comment I heard on here; “the word is out that the 350s are blowing up...”

You may not have one, or have experienced the true rawness of the s550 350/R, and I can appreciate your comment if you haven’t had one as a statement of utter ignorance.

If your statement was even remotely true, then why do so many who have had a 350 upgrade to a R? Why do more than a few R owners have more than one R?

This car will go down in history as a truly heroic, ballsy push by Ford to do what no other American car company chose to do... lay their balls on the line and make a mass-production factory FPC offering in a car that has the chassis and brakes to actually compliment the engine. The looks of the car are so appropriate for what it is, as well.

I’ve owned two Boss 302s, a 93/96 Cobra, a 2007 GT500, as well as a 71 Boss 351 and still have my 71 Mach 1 429CJ and not a one of them give me the thrill of the 350. There’s a really special, guttural feeling that I have when I eNjoy these cars and the rawness of their attributes. They have been such an influence that Chevy is bringing out a FPC Z06... so don’t tell me they’ve lost their flavor when their inspiring other car makes to have the same engine base.

Again... a statement from the have-nots that somehow try to influence us that have, that what we have is not an awesome car.

As someone else already told you, “Enjoy your ride,” and Happy 4th!
I dont think many understand how different the car actually is. I came from a '15 GTPP with the typical bolts ons and 93 Lund tune. It was a hell of a car but it is a very different animal. The trans ratios are space so much better, the additional rpm compliments it amazingly well (you feel like you're never gonna run out of revs), the suspension is much different (though I had no time to take it close to the limits), the brakes are much more linear without the grabby tendency of the PP brakes at lower speeds (though that might change as miles are put on), and the sound elicits pure excitement. It's amazing how different the platform actually can be. The interior on the other, makes you feel like you're in a GT Premium; not bad but not exactly anything different or special.

I hate that my time with the car has been so brief. I have requested a buy back but I'm not completely opposed to keeping the one I have (mostly because of what is invested thus far). If it goes through, I will look for another that meets my desire before I move on to a different platform.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I dont think many understand how different the car actually is. I came from a '15 GTPP with the typical bolts ons and 93 Lund tune. It was a hell of a car but it is a very different animal. The trans ratios are space so much better, the additional rpm compliments it amazingly well (you feel like you're never gonna run out of revs), the suspension is much different (though I had no time to take it close to the limits), the brakes are much more linear without the grabby tendency of the PP brakes at lower speeds (though that might change as miles are put on), and the sound elicits pure excitement. It's amazing how different the platform actually can be. The interior on the other, makes you feel like you're in a GT Premium; not bad but not exactly anything different or special.

I hate that my time with the car has been so brief. I have requested a buy back but I'm not completely opposed to keeping the one I have (mostly because of what is invested thus far). If it goes through, I will look for another that meets my desire before I move on to a different platform.

Yeah they are kind of rare, why are you doing a buy back though?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Yeah, that is why Car & Driver named the GT350 a GOAT.

There's a bitterness in your tone. Some people love their cars for what they are. Some people need their cars to define who they are and need to rank themselves among others.

FWIW I think the GT500 is very impressive. But it does not appeal to me for what I value (not what others value). By no means does the latest greatest lessen the GT350 in my mind (and heart).

Enjoy your ride.
Well said.

I wasn't even going to respond to such a "Twat-Waffle-isk" comment.

Do I need the nastang87xx Copyright Disclaimer since I added the "-isk" at the end?