Sponsored

Shelby GT500 GAPS 911 GT3RS at willow springs...

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Back to the blowing the doors off the 911. That guy can't drive except in a straight line. He was holding up several cars in that video. Everybody in that video was an OK driver including the OP. We need pro's driving these cars to see a real comparison. I have video of me driving away from a Z06 at the Ron Fellows school while I'm in a Stingray. I'm good but not that good. There are a lot of people out there with more money than sense and they buy these really fast cars and can't drive them.
Sponsored

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I loved the way the GT500 shifted and has been said the kid can drive. But, yeah no way the GT500 with those MP4 tires keeps up with the GT3 with a better driver. I'd love to see the Track Pack GT500 go up against that same Porsche with a different driver. Supposedly the track pack is much faster on the road course. We will all find out in due time.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
As others have said it’s mostly the driver. I have video of my GT350 passing a 2019 GT3RS at Lime Rock a few times. Also have video from Watkins Glen of two GT3 RS’s blowing past me. All about the driver at HPDE events.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Whether the car is or is not faster, the point of the video that HE IS DRIVING HIS CAR. Say what you want, but its something to watch and have a conversation about. Makes no difference if people can drive better, he is out driving the car he bought, and will trade from what I understand. In the time he has own it, we have a scale vid, dyno vid, 1/4 vid, and a track vid. Searching Youtube for owner content and it's mighty parched so far.

So I'll keep watching. Vids like the (Mods I did not know I have..AKA rain tray removal), I'll skip. Vids of the car being driven and decent info, I'll watch. I will do that for anyone who post up.Simple.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Whether the car is or is not faster, the point of the video that HE IS DRIVING HIS CAR. Say what you want, but its something to watch and have a conversation about. Makes no difference if people can drive better, he is out driving the car he bought, and will trade from what I understand. In the time he has own it, we have a scale vid, dyno vid, 1/4 vid, and a track vid. Searching Youtube for owner content and it's mighty parched so far.

So I'll keep watching. Vids like the (Mods I did not know I have..AKA rain tray removal), I'll skip. Vids of the car being driven and decent info, I'll watch. I will do that for anyone who post up.Simple.
I like that he is driving his car. The actual point of the video is in the title, gaping the RS3 like the GT500 is the car to blow the doors off a Porsche while its not necessarily true based on the skill levels in HPDE events. A better title would have been "got my GT500 on the track today, what a blast" or something to that affect and then all the posers can brag about the cars he passed.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I like that he is driving his car. The actual point of the video is in the title, gaping the RS3 like the GT500 is the car to blow the doors off a Porsche while its not necessarily true based on the skill levels in HPDE events. A better title would have been "got my GT500 on the track today, what a blast" or something to that affect and then all the posers can brag about the cars he passed.
It's not misleading, or false. So why complain about it..?

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well this would make an interesting magazine article. MT is throwing around the words super car. Lets see a super car battle. Maybe a GT3rs-GT500-Zle. The magazine has called them all super.
I would love to see that comparison! The new GT500 is an amazing car

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Whether the car is or is not faster, the point of the video that HE IS DRIVING HIS CAR.
And that's fine, and true, but your title of the thread says that the point is something completely different.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
And that's fine, and true, but your title of the thread says that the point is something completely different.
??? I am not the OP ?

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's not misleading, or false. So why complain about it..?
I'm not the one complaining about it. I just suggested he could have used a different title then all the comments about the quality of the drivers, blah, blah, wouldn't have diverted everyone's attention to driving the darn car.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Whoops! My mistake. Carry on.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
It was an awesome video. That car sounds amazing and was hauling ass.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

Agreed, yesterday (X-Mas Eve) he released a vid racing a 2014 Shelby Super Snake. Like you I will watch any all videos pertaing to the 2020 GT500 regardless of who releases it, i.e. Stangmode, Lund, Lethal Performance, etc
Sponsored