Sponsored

Shelby GT500 GAPS 911 GT3RS at willow springs...

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I think a lot of youtubers do this and not just SP. I think SP gets a worse rep for it because as a whole he has more of an older audience than most that do the same.
I'm sure there are plenty that do it as well. The only channels I know of that blatantly lie about that kind of thing though have been his, the female YouTuber that gets linked here, and JR Garage. JR Garage is by far the worst though. His excuse starts with a lemonade stand. It's pretty bad.

I don't know of any solid demographic information though since I believe age of viewers is kept private by YouTube, limiting public numbers only to those commenting.
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
I'm sure there are plenty that do it as well. The only channels I know of that blatantly lie about that kind of thing though have been his, the female YouTuber that gets linked here, and JR Garage. JR Garage is by far the worst though. His excuse starts with a lemonade stand. It's pretty bad.

I don't know of any solid demographic information though since I believe age of viewers is kept private by YouTube, limiting public numbers only to those commenting.
IDK either of those channels that you mentioned. I thought I was fairly savvy about YT. Apparently not.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Was the RX7 shooting flames out of the side when SP passed him on the straight?
Damien: I saw what I thought were flames as well for a second and then I realized it was the lights of the HUD. Or a least I THINK that's what it was.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Was the RX7 shooting flames out of the side when SP passed him on the straight?
Definitely, it does it at around 5:22-:24 too, slow, small turn.

My tuned 3rd gen would do that too, on decel/hard downshifts, hahaha, it was like POPOPOPOP ... SWOOOSH .... BANG <flames> :D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Definitely the Porsche driver was slow. And SP was driving a better line. It's pretty hard to compare cars when amateurs are driving them. It's more a comparison of the drivers. When I owned my GT350 it whipped by C7 ZO6s several times on track.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Definitely driver here. That gt3rs is a sub 7 minute car at the ring. I do think the GT500 is like the ZLE though, in that it will be relatively easy to drive the car at its limits so you'll see it passing cars with higher limits at HPDEs.

The limit of a gt3rs would scare even good drivers.

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
You're right, I don't care how you bought your car. But when your audience has a lot of younger kids, it's possible they can be swayed into thinking that they can just hop into whatever he's doing and make money. It's misleading.
What's the harm in that? Nothing wrong with young kids having something to hope for or look up to man. In many ways id love for my kids to watch sp and plan on buying themselves a gt500...

They'll discover the reality soon enough but having ambition and hope isn't a bad quality for young people to have.

I think us older folks get to nialistic and pessimistic as we get older and it limits us.

Kids doing his thing having fun and being a positive role model can't knock him for any of that

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Definitely driver here. That gt3rs is a sub 7 minute car at the ring. I do think the GT500 is like the ZLE though, in that it will be relatively easy to drive the car at its limits so you'll see it passing cars with higher limits at HPDEs.

The limit of a gt3rs would scare even good drivers.
Still... A 200k track car has no business getting gapped by a 80k 4000lb street car on street tires haha

Id be seriously butthurt about that if I were the 911 owner ....

(Kinda like when I got gapped by a miata at Roebling... Lol)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Still... A 200k track car has no business getting gapped by a 80k 4000lb street car on street tires haha

So you acknowledge its' the driver but still... it's the car? Got it.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
So you acknowledge its' the driver but still... it's the car? Got it.
Yeah... I’ve seen mostly stock BRZ’s (tires and brakes) pass GT3’s and Z06’s with a better driver behind the wheel. Especially on tight technical tracks where the horsepower advantage is greatly negated.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have never been on a track that was not a 1/4 mile and as straight as an arrow so I am not claiming to be able to out drive anyone on a road course. That being said, I have seen enough good drivers in action on tracks with corners and enough that cannot drive.

No doubt he is the better driver. He can drive and more importantly race. Let's have all of the internet cowboys go head to head with him and see who wins????

I will be tracking the GT500 when I get one. It will be a long learning curve for me but much looking forward to it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Everything is about practice. I haven't been on a road course since 2010. So anyone that goes 4 times a year can probably outrun me. On a drag strip. Im going to get em. Apparently this kid is loaded. So wearing out a set of brakes and tires don't mean shit to him. Thats the main reason more people don't road course more. It's a 1000 dollar day out.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10

I hear ya, but I'm thinking the gt3rs guy simply goes buys his own GT500 with a $50K ADM any time he wants before he lets his butt hurt. :)

Man, I'll never forget the first time I took my c6z out 10 years ago and got passed by a driving instructor in his 90s model M3! I was dominating everyone in my group and getting super cocky, then I see him close the gap through ever turn. It was a very necessary, humbling experience for me. Made me realize it was the car and not me and that I had a long was to go to be truly "fast".

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Everything is about practice. I haven't been on a road course since 2010. So anyone that goes 4 times a year can probably outrun me. On a drag strip. Im going to get em. Apparently this kid is loaded. So wearing out a set of brakes and tires don't mean shit to him. Thats the main reason more people don't road course more. It's a 1000 dollar day out.
If you're lucky!

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I hear ya, but I'm thinking the gt3rs guy simply goes buys his own GT500 with a $50K ADM any time he wants before he lets his butt hurt. :)

Man, I'll never forget the first time I took my c6z out 10 years ago and got passed by a driving instructor in his 90s model M3! I was dominating everyone in my group and getting super cocky, then I see him close the gap through ever turn. It was a very necessary, humbling experience for me. Made me realize it was the car and not me and that I had a long was to go to be truly "fast".
Yeah thats exactly what happened to me!

I was gapping fools and running with a Camaro as all day. And bullying a corvette zr1.

Then the instructor came on track with his miata with intake and a catback,and embarrassed the hell out of me haha.

He stayed on my tail for 2 laps, I waved him by he didnt take it. Id put semi lengths on him down the straight then hed catch me at turn 1 lol

By turn 3 when he finally got bored I didn't see his tail lights lol
Sponsored