yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hello guys!
I'm having an issue with my sync3 system. When I turn the car on, It takes a couple of seconds when the screen is loaded and it selects by itself the radio, changes the stations, selects the map and picks an address, starts navigation, goes to the configuration tab, and starts selecting all he wants. It never stops. I removed my phone to avoid Carplay or any kind of Bluetooth connexion, and nothing. I tried the power button + >> btn, and it resets the screen but it continues playing by itself. It looks like I have a ghost messing with my screen.

I updated the system couple of minutes ago with the latest version (or thought that) and still doing it.

Some Notes:
-My GT350R is a 2020 model
-The screen has a screen protector to avoid scratches See Protector Here
-I use a battery tender when I do not use the car for more than a week. See Model Here

Any Thoughts?

Watch the videos here:

Sponsored

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Try removing the screen protector? Maybe it's somehow triggering screen touches?

Other than that, no idea, sorry.
I performed a Master Reset. I will take it for a drive. If it continues, I will remove the screen protector. If no luck, I will destroy the Sync3 šŸ˜†

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Does it repeat the same sequence every time?
No... it goes randomly... It will surprise you by calling your ex-girlfriend ( šŸ˜† just kidding, but it will call any contact), or opening map, or changing the radio, or selecting / unselecting options in the Settings Tab. It does whatever it wants.

Sponsored

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I updated the system and didn't work. I uploaded the file generated by the car after the update to the Ford website. Did a search again, and It looks like I have another update. This is the update I installed: NU5T-14G381-AA, and now there is an available one: NU5T-14G381-AB. Let's see how it goes after the Master Reset I did and update again the system. I will keep you posted. If nothing works, I will remove the screen protector and see...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Screen protector isnā€™t the issue. Had a similar issue on another model(F250). There was a Ford update the dealer did that solved the problem. Its worth reaching out to them.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I did the last update. Before, I removed the screen protector (Master reset didnā€™t work) and it was fine for a while. Then it did it like 1-2 times but after the second update was completed, it has not happened again. I will continue using the car to check if the issue comes back. If so, I will have to go at the dealer. Is too complicated replace a sync3 system? Will they have to disassemble many parts and mess too much inside? šŸ¤”

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I did the last update. Before, I removed the screen protector (Master reset didnā€™t work) and it was fine for a while. Then it did it like 1-2 times but after the second update was completed, it has not happened again. I will continue using the car to check if the issue comes back. If so, I will have to go at the dealer. Is too complicated replace a sync3 system? Will they have to disassemble many parts and mess too much inside? šŸ¤”
You just devalued your car by $2000 by removing the screen protector.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
You just devalued your car by $2000 by removing the screen protector.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Didnā€™t think about it. If I place it back, will that work? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

well, after second update, it looks like will work, at least for the next days parked on my garage šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ nah, it hasnā€™t happen again. I will keep two eyes on itā€¦ I bought the same screen protector but Idont Know if that will call the ghost againā€¦ šŸ˜†

Sponsored
OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Issue has returned or always was there but I barely used the car for long time, so taking my car at the dealer tomorrow. Iā€™m done with this. If they need to change the Sync system, they will do it. Letā€™s see what they say..

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Please post updates after dealer service. This is frustrating I know.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Please post updates after dealer service. This is frustrating I know.
Well, the sync3 didnā€™t have the issue all the way to the dealer and back. But, the tech guy ordered a new module. Now just to waitā€¦ could be next week, could be in 4 months. I still have 9 months of the basic warranty and 4+ years more on my extended warranty, soā€¦ letā€™s chilling šŸ»

EoDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Boss 302, '19 GT350
Anecdotal for sure but kinda feels like warranties are essential on this car...