Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Dynoed (UPDATE: 467 RWHP / 374 LB-FT)

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
This is so exciting, we are going to have our answers on what really matters, torque or horse power in a quarter mile!
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yes it is. If Ford correctly rated the engine output then it should dyno just under 470 to the wheels, not a mystery.

The number depends on the dyno being used. Ford has no control over that. A Mustang dyno would probably read under 450rwhp.

mookydo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Anyone here who is technically familiar with Dyno machines and their test results know that there is significant variability in results based on ambient temperature, humidity, fuel, and differences in the machines themselves. Run this car at 60 degrees ambient on 93 octane in a well ventilated test environment and you will see significantly higher #s.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
But the power plateaus from 5500-7300 so there's really no argument against its high-rpm capability.

I can see the M4 being quicker on the road because of the crazy midrange torque. But not more fun :)
yea it has a great power band for dailying but to me its a waste of revs if the power doesnt keep building through 2k worth of rpm. On a track youre gonna be in this 5500-7500 range most of the time - where the torque is weaker. People on the forums even recommend shifting at 6500. This gen traded off high rpm power from the E9X to get low end torque. Great for dailying though. Thats why im not fond of these new turbo engines, they run out of steam in the high rpms. Cant have torque everywhere. Thats why I like NA

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Well, I overlaid the original dyno graph from ford to the Motor Trend graph just to compare, but I don't have anywhere to put it for hyper link. Who wants to upload for me?

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Ask, and ye shall receive. And from the stall, while shatting himself, he was generous. Go forth arm chair racers, and speculate with great fervor and fortitude, for you have but driven the car, but let not that dissuade you from speculation.

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
I can distinctly recall how the S2000 was praised for its high revving motor and the driving experience that went with it. Now we have cars that deliver double the RWHP at nearly the same RPM's.

I hope this motor proves to be bulletproof as time goes by..... It's a very very good time to be an auto enthusiast! :cheers:

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Ask, and ye shall receive. And from the stall, while shatting himself, he was generous. Go forth arm chair racers, and speculate with great fervor and fortitude, for you have but driven the car, but let not that dissuade you from speculation.
Ta! That is remarkably similar.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
But the power plateaus from 5500-7300 so there's really no argument against its high-rpm capability.

I can see the M4 being quicker on the road because of the crazy midrange torque. But not more fun :)
[benchracehelmeton]
Ive seen them and they basically hold right around 400whp from 5.5k-7.5k..not bad.

The GT350 starts at 400whp from 5.5kish..then climbs and holds 450whp+ for over 1000RPM, therefore will walk the M4 on the highway, on the strip, and on the track
[benchracehelmetoff]

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Not sure what you're laughing about, that wasn't N/a and also isn't even the same caliber of car.
Laughing because if I see one on the highway I won't fear it as much. Also thinking about making the purchase but still want to see these on the road. My Teggy has been with me for years - fun lil toy