Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
These carbon fiber rotor hats are going to be so good. GT500, GT350, and Dark Horse compatible. Cant wait to talk more about the design and engineering. These have several amazing elements outside of the aesthetic benefit of hiding those tired and dirty aluminum hats.
Initial pics are of the first test pieces without the full clear coating. These will get even better. The rear system will be available soon. If you want to get updates on when these will be ready to order and pricing DM me your email address or sign up for my mailing list on the website.
www.exhibitionsofspeed.net

Carbon Rotor Hat-40.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-42.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-03.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-17.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-19.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-21.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-26.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-23.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-34.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-36.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Curious to see what resin you are using for these. The biggest hurdle with carbon fiber is heat. Most resins are not able to withstand the kind of heat and temperatures that the rotors reach. Many epoxies will soften and melt under the extreme temperatures that the rotors reach.

For example, the front carbon fiber wheels have a ceramic lining to shield the wheel from the heat of the rotors. I know for a fact that the epoxies CR uses are a very closely guarded secret because of their heat resistant properties.

So I take it these are only cosmetic beauty covers. No harm or foul if they fail. Will you replace them free of charge for heat related damage?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They are a nice subtle cosmetic touch. I’d be curious about the durability side as well. Also any idea where they’ll come in price wise.

DRIVEN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Interested as well. I polish my hubs so they look good. But if these hold up to the heat it would go with carbon theme
1000000457.jpg

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are these CF parts covers that hide the factory hats? The rotors in the picture look like OEM and as far as I know, the OEM rotor hats can't be removed and replaced the same way that aftermarket AP Racing and Girodisc rotor hats can.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Are these CF parts covers that hide the factory hats? The rotors in the picture look like OEM and as far as I know, the OEM rotor hats can't be removed and replaced the same way that aftermarket AP Racing and Girodisc rotor hats can.
Yup, they are just carbon fiber covers. Wonder how much heat they will hold in the rotor with the aluminum being covered up. 🤔
Something for car shows I'm thinking ? Looks nice.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Interested as well. I polish my hubs so they look good. But if these hold up to the heat it would go with carbon theme
1000000457.jpg
My hubs look like shit. Curious to know how you did it.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good questions abound. A lot of thought went into these before production. I will share a bit.

With all carbon production longevity lies in the materials. Using an appropriate high temperature resin and UV resistant clear coat will ensure no issues with yellowing. One of the great properties of carbon is that it does not hold heat. This is demonstrated with carbon ceramic rotors, and why you need to get heat into them before use.

Additional design elements include slotted vents and varied mountains/valleys. This is done to create turbulence inside the wheel, and move stale hot air. The area within the hub should see increased air movement, and evacuate air though the slotted vents.

It should be noted that the vanes connecting the hub to the rotor limit the amount of heat transfer that the hub actually sees. After testing that area with pyrometers it is well under the limit of the resin/UV protective clear coat. Our carbon fiber python hood vents actually see hotter temps being right above the blower and absorbing atmospheric heat from the sun. Those have seen several years of use without yellowing.

More installed pics and the live link with pricing.

https://exhibitionsofspeed.net/shop...iber-front-rotor-hat---gt500-gt350-dark-horse

Carbon Rotor Hat-50.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-54.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-65.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-71.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-73.jpg
Carbon Rotor Hat-76.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
1000000457.jpg
Heat definitely wont be an issue here. Let get you some free time back

Carbon Rotor Hat-94.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Correct, you cannot disassemble the OEM pieces.

Yup, they are just carbon fiber covers. Wonder how much heat they will hold in the rotor with the aluminum being covered up. 🤔
Something for car shows I'm thinking ? Looks nice.
Street and track brother. Venting was built in to release heat, as well as generate turbulence inside the wheel barrel to move any stale air.

Carbon Rotor Hat-49.jpg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
These fit between the wheel face and the surface of the current disc. This means they will move the wheel outboard. Website even advertises wider front wheel track (in reality, it’ll be any wheel you put these on). How far?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
These fit between the wheel face and the surface of the current disc. This means they will move the wheel outboard. Website even advertises wider front wheel track (in reality, it’ll be any wheel you put these on). How far?
I'd be less concerned about a smidge of offset and more concerned with the compressive/elastic nature of the filler material.

Wheel on hub face is metal to metal. You torque down the lugs to the prescribed loads to ensure the wheel can withstand the static and dynamic loads placed on it. With a material sandwiches in between, unless it too is of similar or greater compressive strength, you could get some elasticity and movement and although it might be miniscule, it wouldn't take much to work lugs loose. I'm sure Terrance and crew have done testing and verified it, and I'm guessing they tried to do a cover that didn't cover the hub face, but aside from a couple mils of extra poke, I'd be more worried about the 150 ft-lbs not being a secure enough torque on the lugs if there's any spongeyness or elasticity to the "spacer" (which is essentially what it becomes).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would also be curious to see what testing has been done on these beauty covers and if it was accomplished under heavy track use.

I would be marketing these for the cars and coffee crowd and not the track crowd.

Do these carry a replacement warranty for heat related damage? I'd be curious to see how these handle the heat from use at COTA or Daytona under heavy braking. But I guess what's the point? I wouldn't use them for the track anyhow. I don't see any benefit. I think they may actually trap (insulate) heat that the rotor hat may have absorbed and interfere with venting and cooling.

Just my observation.......