Sponsored

Shameful......

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Does anyone else find it very shameful that Ford STILL does not have ANY information on the 2022 Mustang on their website? While we here at the forums have access to a lot of information thanks to all of the great people on here the general public still has absolutely NOTHING to look at or configure and price. And isn't JOB 1 literally right around the corner? I hope the marketing people at FORD will read this and be ashamed at this. Mustang is still a big part of their company is it not? I am looking to order a 2022 from Granger but if I was not part of these forums how would I have any information?

Or am I just being a Grinch?? LOL.....
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
After all the other pre-leaks on their other products, maybe they're really locking it down and keeping all testing indoors ... or maybe they just put the imposter Mocke shell over it and have been out in the public all along...

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Does anyone else find it very shameful that Ford STILL does not have ANY information on the 2022 Mustang on their website? While we here at the forums have access to a lot of information thanks to all of the great people on here the general public still has absolutely NOTHING to look at or configure and price. And isn't JOB 1 literally right around the corner? I hope the marketing people at FORD will read this and be ashamed at this. Mustang is still a big part of their company is it not? I am looking to order a 2022 from Granger but if I was not part of these forums how would I have any information?

Or am I just being a Grinch?? LOL.....
I remember the 2021 Configurator took a while to show up as well. I guess they're in no rush.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
no.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mustang isn't a priority compared to trucks and SUVs, it always takes forever for the configurator to be up and accurate.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Seems like the Mustang (gas guzzler) is becoming more and more Ford's step child. The Mustang E on the other hand gets all the glory. And F-150s anyway.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Things like this are almost always intentional. The priorities of Ford are not the priorities of a mustang enthusiast in many cases…

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
My guess is it's part of the game and part of the fun, probably done intentionally to keep stimulating interest. I'm sure 80% of buyers don't care too much about the configurator, and are willing to just order anyway.

I ordered a 22 EG GT, these are Mustangs, not Ferraris. The price hasn't changed much since '21 either.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
V8 stangs won't be sold within 5-10 years that's for sure. Get em while you can lol

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I am not sure if Ford has their own web developers who maintain their website and car configurators, or if they outsource that to another company. If I had to guess, it might be the latter. And if that is the case, it could be the outsourcing company hasn't made the changes for 2022 yet, or Ford is purposely waiting, or whatever. I work in this industry and see this all the time.

I did peek through the website code of the "Mustang Build & Price" section (just go to the site, and "view source" with the web browser). Sometimes there are hints of who made or is behind the website and its code. I did come across this interesting information in the code:

Copyright 2011-2015 iPerceptions, Inc. All rights reserved. Do not distribute. iPerceptions provides this code 'as is' without warranty .... blah blah blah

I'm not saying that "iPerceptions, Inc." is directly tied to the "Mustang Build & Price" web area, but they might be a part of this puzzle.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Same for the f150. I built one out to be here in April blind and had to go by the 2021 which sucks bc they dropped velocity blue so I can’t even picture what an atlas blue f150 looks like right now. Very annoying lol first world problems hahaha
Sponsored