Setting up Steeda end links!? Help 🥵

Heretic404

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550
Hi all. Just got Steeda front and rear sway kit, has adjustable endlinks but I'm a right fucker of a time trying to get info on how to set them properly...

For all the nice Steeda install vids etc they've no guide for this, and most other vids are all "just copy oem length" which isn't fucking helpful 🙄

Cars lowered and obviously i want to get them adjusted correctly pending the "slot" chosen and balanced properly in all corners...

Any assistance or links to actually decent guides would be amazing. Especially for figuring out this for mustang specific...

I have petty much zero suspension knowledge 😅
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The new links go on the same way the old ones came off. I like the bar to sit level with the ground. Set one side, lock it down then make the other side fit.

OP
OP

Heretic404

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550
sit level with the ground.
I've kinda gathered that but the bar isn't exactly... flat, bitch is a snake, so the confusion is mainly stemming from which part of the pretzeled head fuck is the but that needs to be level 😅

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
flat, bitch is a snake, so the confusion is mainly stemming from which part of the pretzeled head fuck is the but that needs to be level

It really doesn't matter. Get it close and call it a day. The bar will work no matter where you put it as long as it doesn't hit anything.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Here are my install notes for the front bar and links:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...cted-busted-oem-pp-bushing-a-surprise.141151/

For the endlinks, keeping them the same length as the OEM bits to start is a good practice. I routed my links on the inboard side of the front bar; they work great. The rear bar is mega straight forward.

Pay special attention to use medium strength threadlock on the endlink bolts or you’ll have a clicking and popping mess.

— Mike

Edit: I went mid-soft front (second hole front the end) and full soft rear (last hole towards the end). Excellent dynamics for the street.
Sponsored

Last edited: