Sponsored

Seriously? How does one get a paint chip right HERE??

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
@Fatty
When you say "many layers later", do you mean that you performed the DrColorChip process as many times as required to get a flat-filled chip?

I can't seem to get the results they do in their videos in just one step. :frusty:
Yes, I did multiple layers over time. About 1 layer a week. This gives it lots of time to dry... so it doesn't keep pulling the paint out of the chip.
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
my old car had a chip in that same spot. If it makes you feel better today I walk out to my dad using the weed whacker right next to my car. There are a good 4-5 new chips spots and when I got out it was covered in dust and dirt bc the ground was so dry. but you know its fathers day so cant get mad.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have one right under the driver mirror. Then at the track the other night, I see two, side by side, on the pass side, just below where the wheel well flattens out toward the door. WTH.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
It's amazing to see where you can find some rock chips, did a big wash yesterday and found a whole bunch new ones... apart from the body alignment and a few factory dents in my front fender ... the paint quality is my biggest disappointment about this car.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I have a crap load right in front of the rear tires. Rocks getting kicked up by hte fronts and passing down the side of the car. Its horrible.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I have a crap load right in front of the rear tires. Rocks getting kicked up by hte fronts and passing down the side of the car. Its horrible.
I noticed those as well, and I'm wondering if splash guards would help preventing this...

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
You're lucky if you only have one. I seem to get a new one every day with all the construction work in the DFW area!

Moving-Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MGT
I have a black GT with the performance tires. They pick up the road and throw it against your car! I have the same issue, tiny chips between the end of the door and the rear wheel. I picked up some guards online that protrude a small amount behind the front tires. This should help deflect gravel from following the body work.

Also, 3M make a clear covering. I put some small squares in key areas. You can't see them unless you know their there.

RpI is where I got the guards

Hope that helps.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I have one in the exact same spot.
Sponsored