Sponsored

Paint chip repair - not a perfect match

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I found a lovely ding / chip in my paint a couple weeks back. I feel like a achieved a good chip repair in terms of depth and coverage, but the color doesn't match perfectly. I used the Langka system to achieve a good chip repair for height, but polishing the repair still didn't seem to get it to match. It almost seems like the paint chip repair is slightly lighter colored. It looks not too bad straight on, but viewing at an angle shows there is a slight difference in finish/color.

I have Magnetic Metallic, it may come down to metallic flake distribution? I thought the color would be closer though...

The paint chip repair kit (with the brush / pen tip) was purchased from my dealer, they used my VIN to find the correct part, and it appears to be somewhat correct. Didn't turn out as good as I had hoped though.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Dr. Color chip is the best I have ever used.

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My GT is Oxford White. I tried Dupicolor, dealer touch up tube and even bought a custom mixed pint at a pro. paint shop. None matched exactly. Either too dark or too light. Since then, I read white is one of the hardest colors to match.

Speaking from experience, my '98 Corvette C5 was Sebring Silver Metallic. I could never hide the stone nicks on the front bumper because metallics just don't blend that well, something about the way it reflects light. That's why I swore never to buy another metallic vehicle.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
shoulda dr. colorchip!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Welp, guess I'll be making an order to Dr. Chip Color.

I had hoped the stuff you get from the dealership to be as good as you can get...s'pose not.

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Apparently Dr. Chip Color does not ship to Canada due to import restrictions. That's awesome.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You need a Dr. Colorchip mule to smuggle it over the border lol...
Sponsored