Sponsored

Serious reservations about the 5.2 now...

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
lol all these people predicting the apocalypse.. i bet the next gen GT will have the 5.2 in it.. and they could do an ecoboost V8 for all you people know.. no one is letting the V8 die.. stfu
I'm just sayin' but, I'd imagine that those folks back in 1969 / 1970 thought that the end would never come.
Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
R-E-L-A-X...v8's aren't going anywhere. We need more American engineered cars that have more than just the v8. We need to show the world that we can dominate with turbo 4s and v6s as well.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
V8 are not going anywhere except down in size, with the technology coming ...less is more, and anyway as I said in a previous post...as long as we can make V6 turos sound like the replacement GT40 for 2017..I do not care, that car sounds amazing.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The turbos sound good.

The engine exhaust sounds like a milk truck.

Hopefully they develop a boosted voodoo version as well.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
did you watch the video....it sound like a indy car..OMG I love it....but I like the 5.2 better

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
did you watch the video....it sound like a indy car..OMG I love it....but I like the 5.2 better

I did.

When it revs out it sounds ok but not great. Still has that boat/milk truck sound.

It's the turbo audio that really helps it out.

But at lower rpms... Milk truck.

Just being honest.

The car itself is gorgeous.

The fact that it's a v6 doesn't bother me at all either.

But I'm of the opinion that if you're going to create a top dog super at, then give it the best you can possibly give it. In this case, that would be a certain new v8 engine with twin turbos.

But as was explained by Ford, they are targeting a racing class with this car that forces the use of this engine size instead. And that's still cool.

But let's not start heaeing things that aren't there.

I guess be the car it's props where it deserves it and I don't give it where it doesn't.

The way the thing is designed like an engine with wheels, it's going to kick a LOT of booty.

I'm actually blown away by how perfect the body design is. And I love how it makes the new NSX look outdated already. Lol

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't you know?

All drivers are pro drivers that take their vehicle to 10/10 capacity
I guess I'm the one poser that if I own a GT350 I will be daily driving and spending most of my time between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM. :D

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I guess I'm the one poser that if I own a GT350 I will be daily driving and spending most of my time between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM. :D
So is everyone else if it's driven on the street.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
First thing .... get a tuner kit for the ECU then remove the CAT's and the Resonators and tweak the timing to breathe better.....

Then enjoy the sound.

VROOOM.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
They designed the GT to go after the championship in the LMGTE class at LeMans, which limits FI motors to 4.0L or less.

If Ford was designing a street car they could have easily gone with a S/C'd 5.0 or TT 5.0, or even the VooDoo, gone with aluminum over carbon fiber and called it done.

This is a race car that has been tamed for the street.
Leave it to the drag racer to get the right answer! Well said and thumbs up!

The car is designed as a racecar modified to be street legal. The V8 would be too much power and wouldn't fit in the class. The engine will be probably have to be detuned to fit in. Can't wait to see it on the track!

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE V8s. All four of my vehicles have V8s (three Mustangs, one F350) but this was the right choice. That Ecoboost V6 won several races last season in the DP class. Tune in Saturday for the Rolex 24 to see them race again!
Sponsored