Sponsored

Self-Healing/Graphene Coating or Ceramic Coating?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Hey everyone,

As I'm gonna pick up the new lady in a week, I'm also set on getting my car ceramic coated. However, in talking with a buddy of mine today, he just got his car done with Self-Healing Coating called Revivify. I spoke with the owner of that shop and the product sounds pretty legit, but I want to get some opinions as to which one I should go with?

Basically, for 3-year protection, I can get either or for pretty much the same price, but just thinking which one is the better bang for my buck. The shop that does ceramic coating uses Feynlab, while the other shop uses Revivify.

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interesting conept. I don't know anyone that has used it or have seen it in person and able to verify its quality.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'd say probably skeptical of coatings that claim to cure themselves of scratches, marks, etc.

skeptical with any type of coating?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd say probably skeptical of coatings that claim to cure themselves of scratches, marks, etc.
Ahh yes yes me as well….this is why I’m tilting a bit towards ceramic and not worry about the self healing aspect

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
skeptical with any type of coating?
Pretty much, yes. As soon as I hear "self healing," I'm skeptical. I've seen said "healing" and while it might save paint, you'll be looking at the blemish for the life of the film.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yeah im going to have to call bull on that. A scratch is a scratch. Ceramic coating in theory protect to some degree light scratching because it adds a top layer to the paint. But the main use of them is paint protection from the elements and making maintenance washes easier along with added gloss. If you want to prevent scratches, use PPF.

I guess possibly the top coating could maybe "self heal" with heat like a wrap or something. But how would that differ than just a harder traditional ceramic coating?

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah im going to have to call bull on that. A scratch is a scratch. Ceramic coating in theory protect to some degree light scratching because it adds a top layer to the paint. But the main use of them is paint protection from the elements and making maintenance washes easier along with added gloss. If you want to prevent scratches, use PPF.

I guess possibly the top coating could maybe "self heal" with heat like a wrap or something. But how would that differ than just a harder traditional ceramic coating?
Agreed and that's where I'm skeptical as well. I know the marketing behind it as a revolutionary nano tech blah blah blah....but until I see some hard evidence and see the "self healing" process, I'm not too convinced.

I think I've gotten more clarity on this and will go with traditional ceramic coating
Sponsored