Seat height?

Hwy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has anyone noticed that the driver seat does not go as low as most cars?
Anyone figure out how to lower ?

Thx...
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I am happy with mine, but it is premium with power seats. Does yours have power seats? if not then you are probably stuck without some dangerous hack-saw mods.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I love the seat height in the S550 'stang.

When I got the car, I couldn't figure out why I kept banging my head on the roof getting in and out. Then I discovered that the seat adjusts up and down, so I just set it as low as it goes ;)

It feels really weird to drive a "normal" car or SUV now...

But the 'stang has nothing on my old Fiero, where the seats were practically on the floor to begin with :headbang:

OP
OP
Hwy1

Hwy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am happy with mine, but it is premium with power seats. Does yours have power seats? if not then you are probably stuck without some dangerous hack-saw mods.
Yes, it's the PP mode w/ power seats . I am 5'10 and feel like I am sitting high when I am driving, like looking down and out sometimes... My other car went about to floor, at lease felt like it, but it did not have cool seats or heated seats but was power

Mustanggirlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
You may want to check the side of the seat, there is a lever that you can adjust with to lower the bottom of the seat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hwy1

Hwy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You may want to check the side of the seat, there is a lever that you can adjust with to lower the bottom of the seat.
I checked that and it is as low as it goes... I will go to the dealer and try another car... I have always not liked it, but thought maybe due to all the extra equipment under seat they could only go that low...
Thanks

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I'm 6' and drove my car comfortably for a month before I realized it wasn't down all the way. I lowered it another inch or so.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Has anyone noticed that the driver seat does not go as low as most cars?
Anyone figure out how to lower ?

Thx...
100% it is too high for my taste and I am also 5"10. I sat in my friends car last week and drove it and i just did not like the height or feel. My car has the Recaro seats and i love the height i sit in those seats as it just puts me in a better position for sporty aggressive driving. When I bought my car i only had the option of buying one with Recaro seats since no other cars were on the ground yet in early 2014. if it was the other way around i do not think i would have bought the car with power seats. You can remove them for OEM Recaro or aftermarket and this should make the height exactly what you want

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah I really noticed it when I first got out of my 2011 GT and test drove the 2015 GT I owned last year. I would also like the seat to go down farther.

I can tell you I got used to it and the higher seat does give you better visibility of curbs in parking lots, etc. I still would have preferred if Ford would have allowed a greater range of adjustability.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm with you. Just over 6' here and I wish I had another inch or so of downward travel. I find myself having to recline the seatback farther than I normally would to accommodate my dome.

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Yep...pretty tall roofline for a "sport" vehicle, but the stock seats leave headroom on the table by being artificially raised from the floor pan. Ironically, the Recaros are about an inch worse in that respect. I'm 6'7" and need to be comfortable for track and autocross with a helmet, so I decided to go with the Corbeau Sportline Evolution (http://corbeau.com/sportline-evolution.html). Significantly lower than stock, great lateral support, decently comfy, and good value.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm 6'1 and have a good 4 inches of clearance from the top of my head and the roof of the car. Do you sit straight the F up? LOL

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
It is high but it gives you a great view over the bonnet (hood). I jump back into my old e36 and I feel like I'm sitting on the floor pan. No view of the bonnet in my Beemer.