blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
OK so i brought the car in for an oil change back in April. and asked them to look at the driver seat bolster, it was coming apart on the stitching.at that time the car was 11 months old and 15k on the clock. no response on issue. brought it back in on September, and photos sent to Ford. replacement approved and told 20 days out due to custom green stitching. now we were getting somewhere. So if anyone has seating issues it will take awhile. just got the cover in and going in for replacement tomorrow, took 3 months for replacement cover
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hopefully it'll match the other seat. With black, it's more likely to be the case. But you need to improve how you enter and exit the car, or it'll happen again... and with ANY seat. If you're on the 'large' side, activate the easy entry function if necessary. But you still have to avoid rubbing the seat. The best way is to lever yourself in and out of the car, which also happens to be good exercise :). I always do that on all my vehicles, and seats look like new when I sell my vehicles.

Hopefully dealer will do a good job with the installation. The few times I had to get a seat cover replaced (due to passenger airbag defective seat sensor), it never matched the other seat, and it never looked like factory. At least it's going to look better than before, in your case :). Good luck.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
What is "lever yourself in and out"?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I get in with my right foot in the car, hold my weight with my right leg, while directing myself with my right hand on the steering wheel (but not putting weight on it) to clear the seat, then grabbing the door sill with my left hand when it's reachable (basically halfway inside the car), then moving over the seat. At this point I'm basically floating over the seat, with my weight on my left hand and right foot, then I lower myself to the seat, without touching anything. Then I lift myself again briefly, this time with my left hand only, to get in the right position, without rubbing the bottom of the seat. Easy peasy. Ha ha. Much easier than in my ex-Porsche, which was much lower, and with deeper bolsters (adaptive sport seats). Since I'm 165, I don't need to use the easy entry feature.

To get out of the car, I lift most of my weight with my left hand (right foot holds a little bit of weight), pushing it a little bit forward to clear the bolsters, while I swing my left leg outside the car, so a little different than getting in, but it's pretty similar. It's hard to explain, but you'd figure out quickly how to do it. Give it a try :).

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get in with my right foot in the car, hold my weight with my right leg, while directing myself with my right hand on the steering wheel (but not putting weight on it) to clear the seat, then grabbing the door sill with my left hand when it's reachable (basically halfway inside the car), then moving over the seat. At this point I'm basically floating over the seat, with my weight on my left hand and right foot, then I lower myself to the seat, without touching anything. Then I lift myself again briefly, this time with my left hand only, to get in the right position, without rubbing the bottom of the seat. Easy peasy. Ha ha. Much easier than in my ex-Porsche, which was much lower, and with deeper bolsters (adaptive sport seats). Since I'm 165, I don't need to use the easy entry feature.

To get out of the car, I lift most of my weight with my left hand (right foot holds a little bit of weight), pushing it a little bit forward to clear the bolsters, while I swing my left leg outside the car, so a little different than getting in, but it's pretty similar. It's hard to explain, but you'd figure out quickly how to do it. Give it a try :).
That does make sense and is a logical and normal way to get in, however I can't do it. I'm to tall and have a bummed knee. I have to sit in the seat with both my feet 90 degrees to the it and then swing my legs in. Basically have have to do the same to get out Lol.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sorry to hear that. I'm on my last legs with a leukemia I've been battling for 6 years, but at least I don't have any other issues so far; it's just that I can get infected very easily. So I'd MUCH rather have your problem, than mine. Ha ha. Hey, have you activated easy entry? The seat powers back a few inches when you turn off the ignition, and that should help minimizing rubbing the bolsters when you get in and out of the car. Hope that helps.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
That does make sense and is a logical and normal way to get in, however I can't do it. I'm to tall and have a bummed knee. I have to sit in the seat with both my feet 90 degrees to the it and then swing my legs in. Basically have have to do the same to get out Lol.
I do the same with a prosthetic leg and have the Recaros. 🙃

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. I'm on my last legs with a leukemia I've been battling for 6 years, but at least I don't have any other issues so far; it's just that I can get infected very easily. So I'd MUCH rather have your problem, than mine. Ha ha. Hey, have you activated easy entry? The seat powers back a few inches when you turn off the ignition, and that should help minimizing rubbing the bolsters when you get in and out of the car. Hope that helps.
The seat is already set in its rear most position and stays there because of my height. I wish you well with your condition, sorry to hear you’re dealing with that.

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
As a matter of fact that is how I enter the car also. so it was a matter of bad manufacturing.

And WOW, are we all falling apart. I suffer from Paget's disease of the spin, neck & skull. And have ZERO mobility of my spine due to it being twisted up with tumors.

The seat cover matches perfectly, and they even replaced the head rest cover? maybe it's a set?