Clunking Noise coming while turning the wheel

brado_w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 GTI
Picking my bullitt up tomorrow morning... they replaced the strut bearing on the front passenger side, I’ll let you know if it worked
so far so good for me, no more clunking noises at low speeds. Dealership said the bearing was binding. They replaced that and the top hat. Hope this helps someone in the future when they search for answers lol
Sponsored

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Hi guys, mine started to do a similar "clunk" noise when fully turning the wheels (you can hear it while not moving). After inspection, it is a flange at the top of the right wheel damper: while you turn the wheel, the whole spring turns with it and that flange (partially damaged) is doing the "clank" sound. It's not giving any issue while driving, however the dealer said it can be getting worse in the future, and if that's the case it needs to be replaced. Bad news is that the part isn't covered by the warranty (extended ford protect) and the cost is 290€ (parts + work).
Will get the thing fixed when it'll be time.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
so far so good for me, no more clunking noises at low speeds. Dealership said the bearing was binding. They replaced that and the top hat. Hope this helps someone in the future when they search for answers lol
I should have read the last post more carefully... :D ..that's exactly the issue in my case: the rubber isolator at the top of the damper before the camber plate, it contains a bearing to allow the spring rotation, that bearing is failing causing the noise, the fix is to change that rubber isolator (with the bearing).

Angelt94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Unfortunately still making the noise. At this point every single suspension component has been replaced....
[/QUOTE
Yo I have a base GT 2020 and my car had a clunk noise also. I took it to Galpin ford in LA and they replaced the “steering column shaft bushing unit on the firewall” and my car got fixed

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This SSM was released for the GT350's regarding a front end clunk noise. Granted it's for the GT350, but that doesn't mean another S550 could not have the same issue;
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ssm-50672-front-end-“clunk”-or-“pop”-noise.176357/

Also the front strut mounts have been know to fail prematurely, causing a clunk noise from the front end:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...your-upper-front-strut-mount-bearings.130986/

Or check the bolts to the front mounts:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/front-end-suspension-clunking.90930/page-3#post-3291168

Check for loose control arm bolts too:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...about-tie-rod-ends.170647/page-2#post-3474337

Last edited:

Sponsored

deepimpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016, V6
Hello from germany.

I'm also experiencing a dull "clunk" noise when I fully turn the steering wheel and start moving the car, to the right or left. It makes like dull "blobb, blobb". Sometimes it does not, sometimes 1 time, sometimes 2-3 times. But after that it does not come again for the moment. Till I let the car stay again for a longer moment, like some hours. I can swear, but can't prove, that I can also feel it in the footwell and behind the steering wheel itself. I dont know which mechanical parts a located there.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Hello from germany.

I'm also experiencing a dull "clunk" noise when I fully turn the steering wheel and start moving the car, to the right or left. It makes like dull "blobb, blobb". Sometimes it does not, sometimes 1 time, sometimes 2-3 times. But after that it does not come again for the moment. Till I let the car stay again for a longer moment, like some hours. I can swear, but can't prove, that I can also feel it in the footwell and behind the steering wheel itself. I dont know which mechanical parts a located there.
That sounds like the tire problem mentioned earlier.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Update for me since I posted earlier. My noise at 2000 miles went away, now have 10000 miles and no noise.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Check swaybar end links for front end clunking, mine came loose after some hard driving once.

deepimpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016, V6
On my side it sounds like this, doing "blob blob blob". maybe the frame, maybe the suspension, idk.

Sponsored