SCT tune vs custom tune

Mohamad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fivepointoh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015 convertible
What is the difference from a custom tune vmp done on dyno to that sct vmp device? Do they both give you the same horse power? And last what is the pros and cons of owning either sct device or a custom tune
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
What is the difference from a custom tune vmp done on dyno to that sct vmp device? Do they both give you the same horse power? And last what is the pros and cons of owning either sct device or a custom tune
One is deemed safe for most vehicles. The other is optimized timing and fuel specific for your car.

For your second question I'm not sure what you mean. the SCT device hold and transfers your custom tune. It's like asking if its better to own a computer or run Microsoft Windows. You need one for the other.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For your second question I'm not sure what you mean. the SCT device hold and transfers your custom tune. It's like asking if its better to own a computer or run Microsoft Windows. You need one for the other.
Kinda. If you get a dyno tune, they can flash it straight to the vehicle instead of needing the SCT.

I don't know what VMP provides as far as remote tuning compared to dyno tuning so can't comment on that part.
Sponsored