Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do you use Ibuprofen, or Paracetamol or even get the flu vaccine ? People have died as a result of all 3 of those. I don't see you getting all hot under the collar about them?
Probably because Ibuprofen and Paracetamol haven't been forcefully imposed by politicians upon the entire population, like covid vaccines have. I can take Ibuprofen if I want to, or not take if I don't. Whereas choosing not to take a covid vaccine would have made life next to impossible (or led to huge fines or job loss - e.g. Austria or France).
It's not quite the same thing, is it?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Probably because Ibuprofen and Paracetamol haven't been forcefully imposed by politicians upon the entire population, like covid vaccines have. I can take Ibuprofen if I want to, or not take if I don't. Whereas choosing not to take a covid vaccine would have made life next to impossible (or led to huge fines or job loss - e.g. Austria or France).
It's not quite the same thing, is it?
Whether anybody was ever really 'forced' to take the vaccine is a moot point, but not related in any way to safety. Certainly in the UK and France there are still people who have chosen not to be vaccinated and they are not in prison, or held down, or jobless. The 'entire population' was not rounded up for vaccines, in fact the vast majority enthusiastically volunteered because of the benefits they could clearly see.

The vaccine was proven safe by the standards of any other product, in fact safer than many if you count number and types of adverse reactions. The politics of administration have nothing to do with that safety per se.

The argument some people have used is 'it's not safe', 'there are side effects'. That is incorrect, what they are actually saying is 'I don't want the vaccine, full stop'. Safety is used as an excuse when the real reason is frequently hoax, fatuous or political 'reasons' for not having it.

If somebody says I don't want the vaccine because it has alien eggs in it, because politicians are trying to control me, or my freedoms are being infringed, then they are real reasons, if often based on a deluded view of the world. Don't however use 'safety' as a reason unless advised by a doctor not to use the vaccine.

If you look at the paper you will see those at higher risk of adverse reaction because of previous allergies or reactions to products do not have higher levels of adverse reactions to the COVID vaccine.

So lets be very clear, COVID vaccine safety is NOT a reason for not having the vaccine (unless under specific guidance from your doctor). If you have other, in some cases completely crack pot reasons for not having the vaccine, then good luck to you!

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whether anybody was ever really 'forced' to take the vaccine is a moot point, but not related in any way to safety. Certainly in the UK and France there are still people who have chosen not to be vaccinated and they are not in prison, or held down, or jobless. The 'entire population' was not rounded up for vaccines, in fact the vast majority enthusiastically volunteered because of the benefits they could clearly see.

The vaccine was proven safe by the standards of any other product, in fact safer than many if you count number and types of adverse reactions. The politics of administration have nothing to do with that safety per se.

The argument some people have used is 'it's not safe', 'there are side effects'. That is incorrect, what they are actually saying is 'I don't want the vaccine, full stop'. Safety is used as an excuse when the real reason is frequently hoax, fatuous or political 'reasons' for not having it.

If somebody says I don't want the vaccine because it has alien eggs in it, because politicians are trying to control me, or my freedoms are being infringed, then they are real reasons, if often based on a deluded view of the world. Don't however use 'safety' as a reason unless advised by a doctor not to use the vaccine.

If you look at the paper you will see those at higher risk of adverse reaction because of previous allergies or reactions to products do not have higher levels of adverse reactions to the COVID vaccine.

So lets be very clear, COVID vaccine safety is NOT a reason for not having the vaccine (unless under specific guidance from your doctor). If you have other, in some cases completely crack pot reasons for not having the vaccine, then good luck to you!
It could probably be easily argued that the simple act of driving to work actually represents a far greater risk than any risk presented by the vaccine. Strangely, I don’t see anyone arguing that ”it’s too risky” to do so…..🤷‍♂️
But then again, I don’t see governments requiring people to drive to work. I do however see employers requiring their employees to drive whilst on work time.
Wonder when they’ll start complaining about the risk the employer is forcing on them….

Shall we talk about workplace accidents?
Too scared to get a needle in order to hold a job, but seemingly quite happy with the risk injury or death whilst at work, which is a far more common occurrence than any vaccination side effect.

Anyways, someone mentioned statistics and probability earlier. A refresher course may be needed for some of these people.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But then again, I don’t see governments requiring people to drive to work.
That's exactly the point. They don't. Whereas some governments have gone out of their way to ensure that the lives of those who dared not vaccinate would be as miserable as it possibly could. Were they actually forced to vaccinate? Technically speaking, no, they weren't, which is the argument Greg keeps clinging to. But linguistic technicalities offer little in the way of consolation to those who were bullied into submission.

I do however see employers requiring their employees to drive whilst on work time.
Wonder when they’ll start complaining about the risk the employer is forcing on them….
Choosing your employer is a voluntary act. When you sign that contract you know what you're getting yourself into. It would be daft to take a job as a van driver with Fedex and then complain that you're supposed to drive for a living, wouldn't it?
You can always resign and go find another job if you don't like it.
It's not quite the same as having most of your daily activities and basic freedoms conditioned upon providing proof of vaccination.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly the point. They don't. Whereas some governments have gone out of their way to ensure that the lives of those who dared not vaccinate would be as miserable as it possibly could. Were they actually forced to vaccinate? Technically speaking, no, they weren't, which is the argument Greg keeps clinging to. But linguistic technicalities offer little in the way of consolation to those who were bullied into submission.

Choosing your employer is a voluntary act. When you sign that contract you know what you're getting yourself into. It would be daft to take a job as a van driver with Fedex and then complain that you're supposed to drive for a living, wouldn't it?
You can always resign and go find another job if you don't like it.
It's not quite the same as having most of your daily activities and basic freedoms conditioned upon providing proof of vaccination.
I'm not clinging to anything, merely pointing out the reality. In the UK the vast majority of people were encouraged to vaccinate and not 'forced' as you describe it. I am NOT for mandatory vaccination and never have been.

It should also be noted that some jobs require vaccination against other diseases, have done for some time and will continue to do so. Hepatitis vaccines for surgeons are effectively compulsory in the UK to protect the patient and the surgeon, you don't see people getting hot under the collar about that for some reason, even though there can be some very serious side effects from vaccination as with COVID, but once again they are very rare.

It goes back to my previous point - vaccine safety is NOT a valid reason to not get vaccinated when you understand the statistical risk, as with many other vaccines. If nutters want to get concerned about alien eggs then good for them, in all honesty COVID is the least of their concerns! And the ones banging on about political control, they have their own issues!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In the UK the vast majority of people were encouraged to vaccinate and not 'forced' as you describe it.
Indeed, the UK (and perhaps a few other countries as well) was a bit more relaxed in this respect. We were less fortunate here.
Just to be clear, I did take the vaccine as soon as it became available to the general public. I'm not an anti-vaxxer. So it's not like I was personally affected in any tangible way by the bullying I was talking about. But still, having to show my vaccine certificate every time I went into a shop was the most excruciatingly humiliating experience I had been through my entire life. Every time I had to do that I felt like puking.

It goes back to my previous point - vaccine safety is NOT a valid reason to not get vaccinated when you understand the statistical risk, as with many other vaccines. If nutters want to get concerned about alien eggs then good for them, in all honesty COVID is the least of their concerns!
I agree.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
And what's the explanation given by the CDC of that plotted data? Without seeing their explanation, I'd say the more that people are vaccinated, the more they relax, stop taking as much precaution and get into situations where they can catch Covid.
Yeah.. .isnt that the point of the vaccine?? lmao

So you agree it absolutely does not work.

The latest variants are the most contagious. As has been said for over 2 years, the vaccines do not prevent you from catching Covid. It helps prevent sever symptoms, hospitalization and death if someone happens to get infected by Covid.
More moving of the goal posts....

It would take me 2 seconds to pull up literally THOUSANDS of clips of people declaring the vaccine will prevent illness, period.

Yeah.. that didn't pan out quite so well, did it?

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
What's the actual death rate of the Covid vaccine?
Higher than any vaccine in the history of modern medicine.

2 seconds on VAERS will show you this.

Do you just spew Twitter talking points without validating anything you read?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Haha please show where VAERS confirms the number of deaths attributed to covid vaccines. Good luck!
If the person I ignore had half a brain and went back through this thread, all of this was debunked ages ago. Just shows some people don't actually want to learn.

Same old guff from the usual suspects

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Really? Care is explain? Nope... you won't
I'll save you the trouble and embarrassment:

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-vaers-list-deaths-caused-by-covid-19-vaccines

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2784015

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-60653946

In case you have trouble understanding this, here are the top line conclusions of each link:

1. VAERS cannot and does not determine whether a vaccine caused something. The CDC states this clearly in their disclaimer: "A report to VAERS does not mean that the vaccine caused the adverse event, only that the adverse event occurred some time after vaccination."

2. "In this interim analysis of surveillance data from 6.2 million persons who received 11.8 million doses of an mRNA vaccine, event rates for 23 serious health outcomes were not significantly higher for individuals 1 to 21 days after vaccination compared with similar individuals at 22 to 42 days after vaccination."

3. "A major study of vaccine side-effects in the US found no link between two Covid jabs and the number of deaths recorded after vaccination."
Sponsored