Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
No need to......just do some research MATE......you might just be AMAZED!! 🤔 :like:
Not sure who your 'MATE' is, but I know how to 'do research' as a professionally qualified medical practitioner. So actually you do need to provide the evidence from reputable sources or your comments are not credible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure who your 'MATE' is, but I know how to 'do research' as a professionally qualified medical practitioner. So actually you do need to provide the evidence from reputable sources or your comments are not credible.
Pretty sure these guys are taking the piss.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hey guys... the Science is in. People like @Gregs24 have 0 clue what they're talking about. But you already knew that!

1658502205579.png
And what's the explanation given by the CDC of that plotted data? Without seeing their explanation, I'd say the more that people are vaccinated, the more they relax, stop taking as much precaution and get into situations where they can catch Covid. The latest variants are the most contagious. As has been said for over 2 years, the vaccines do not prevent you from catching Covid. It helps prevent sever symptoms, hospitalization and death if someone happens to get infected by Covid.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Just remember that we have many people that think if they ridicule those more knowledgeable that it makes them smart. We seem to have more every day.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Yeah, but it's fun to see how the anitvaxxers spew the misconceptions and ridiculous conspiracy theories. 😄

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You provaxxers are really anti my body my choice aren’t you?

If absolutely cracks me up that the same people that are now completely free choice advocated for force vaccination 12 months ago.

I mean if that’s not the definition of irony I don’t know what is.
Pro vaxxer unfortunately is like politics for you rather than medicine. I am and never have been pro forced vaccination, but I do understand how they work and why you would be very foolish to avoid vaccination for various spurious hoax reasons. There are a very few people who shouldn't be vaccinated but the reasons are very very rare, and actually less so than for other vaccines.

I'm pro vaccine because it save lives, I'm pro your healthy body, but maybe anti your misguided brain :cwl: It is all very well to make a choice based on factual information, but not on silly hoax stories and conspiracy theories.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
this thread is as useless now as it was then…

provaxxers will defend it all day, period.

antivaxxers will never ever take it, period.

…move on people 😂
It isn't black and white. In fact 'pro and anti vax' is completely missing the point and turning it into yet another political charade. The ONLY discussion is what is medically best for you based on proper medical information.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Just remember that we have many people that think if they ridicule those more knowledgeable that it makes them smart. We seem to have more every day.
Sadly this is true. 'The Professor of Immunology says get vaccinated, but Jeff from Kentucky says don't, I'm so conflicted what to do!' If people cannot see through that then Darwinism is kicking in!

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The data on these vaccines is starting to roll in. This is an EU study. The rate of serous side effects is 20-30 in a 1000. That’s considered uncommon. A drug with that rate of serous side effects is not considered safe. That’s just science.

This interim report summarises the safety evidence of covid-19 vaccines in more than 550,000 persons from both the general and special populations that were included after first dose, and booster doses. We combined data originating from a total of eleven countries and four different data capture systems. Solicited reactions were comparable to those observed in trials. Across the sites 0.2-0.3% % reported at least one serious adverse reaction after receiving the first and/or the second dose, this was similar after the first booster.
https://zenodo.org/record/6629551#.YthrfHbMJD8
OK, so I would go back and read the actual paper and look a bit more closely.

The 'serious' adverse reactions you are trying to use as 'evidence' for something are those commonly reported such as myalgia, injection site pain and fever. The really severe reactions such as myocardial effects are 0.2% of those 0.2%. It is all there for you to read in the paper.

See page 46 where the original paper concludes that serious adverse reactions are rare for all of the vaccine brands with injection site pain the most commonly reported side effect.

So the answer is NO - the paper clearly states that adverse reactions are rare, and serious adverse reactions are extremely rare. This is why the vaccine IS considered safe. Incidentally this data is not 'just rolling in' - it has been around for some time and the full use of the vaccine data agrees with the trial work data.

Seriously - plucking soundbites from stuff you have not read and understood properly is not going to get you anywhere. PLEASE read stuff properly.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Sadly this is true. 'The Professor of Immunology says get vaccinated, but Jeff from Kentucky says don't, I'm so conflicted what to do!' If people cannot see through that then Darwinism is kicking in!
What credible, unbiased Professor would that be? people need to stop listening to idiots and start listening to their Doctors. If you are at risk for "ANY" virus complications just as you are from the Flu Virus, then that person will make the final decision themselves. That is our freedom. Good Luck

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What credible, unbiased Professor would that be? people need to stop listening to idiots and start listening to their Doctors. If you are at risk for "ANY" virus complications just as you are from the Flu Virus, then that person will make the final decision themselves. That is our freedom. Good Luck
Not sure what you are getting at ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
A side effect is considered serious if the result is: death; life-threatening; hospitalization; disability or permanent damage; or exposure prior to conception or during pregnancy caused birth defect.

Did the paper authors not understand what a serious side effect was? All those degrees but you have to explain what they really meant to say.

.2-.3% of people that take the vaccine have serious side effects. That makes serous side effects uncommon. Follow the science.
When you start using 'follow the science' type comments it is pretty clear you actually are not interested, but just want to make some sort of anti-vax statement about how unsafe the vaccine is because of side effects.

If on the other hand you are trying to state that the vaccine is safe and side effects are low (as per the paper) then fine.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Not sure what you are getting at ?
I think this is one issue best left to the patients and their Doctors, stop trying to convince people who have not Drank The Koolaid and can see what massive cost this was to regular people this issue has caused, except the wealthy who have benefited from this tragedy. yes people have died due to complications from C19 Virus as well as the Flu Virus, Cancer, mental health and depression suicides due to the lock downs, heart attacks, brain cancer, cardiovascular disease and so on and so on. The world would have been in a better place if it wasn't politicized and ran on the news 24x7 365 days a year. I don't know why the moderator hadn't deleted this post, I Feel this post was created to cause descension, arguments and divide this forum. VERY SAD
Sponsored