Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I think this is one issue best left to the patients and their Doctors, stop trying to convince people who have not Drank The Koolaid and can see what massive cost this was to regular people this issue has caused, except the wealthy who have benefited from this tragedy. yes people have died due to complications from C19 Virus as well as the Flu Virus, Cancer, mental health and depression suicides due to the lock downs, heart attacks, brain cancer, cardiovascular disease and so on and so on. The world would have been in a better place if it wasn't politicized and ran on the news 24x7 365 days a year. I don't know why the moderator hadn't deleted this post, I Feel this post was created to cause descension, arguments and divide this forum. VERY SAD
Not really sure what you are getting at. the whole point of my post below was exactly that people should take advice from those qualified in the field of expertise and not just some random 'Jeff', after all a professor of Immunology is exactly the person to consult on vaccines. In fact as a doctor that is the very person you would consult for advice on the subject. I am well aware of the costs of COVID, direct and indirect, and myself and my family have to deal with it on a professional basis daily.

As regards the 'Koolaid' jibe, your use of the term directed at me merely undermines your own credibility.

'The Professor of Immunology says get vaccinated, but Jeff from Kentucky says don't, I'm so conflicted what to do!'
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The paper said 20-30 people out of 1000 have serious side effects from the vaccine. I defined serious for you. I showed you the EU sponsored pier reviewed paper. I even defined uncommon Vs. Rare. Crickets.

ā€œI donā€™t believe itā€ is not a valid argument. The data is showing these vaccines do harm people.

I love how when science doesnā€™t fit your narrative you change the argument.
I've read the paper (and the conclusions)

The vaccines do not 'harm' people. The paper concludes this.

If you don't like that conclusion I suggest you take it up with the authors.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
The data on these vaccines is starting to roll in. This is an EU study. The rate of serous side effects is 20-30 in a 1000. Thatā€™s considered uncommon. A drug with that rate of serous side effects is not considered safe. Thatā€™s just science.

This interim report summarises the safety evidence of covid-19 vaccines in more than 550,000 persons from both the general and special populations that were included after first dose, and booster doses. We combined data originating from a total of eleven countries and four different data capture systems. Solicited reactions were comparable to those observed in trials. Across the sites 0.2-0.3% % reported at least one serious adverse reaction after receiving the first and/or the second dose, this was similar after the first booster.
https://zenodo.org/record/6629551#.YthrfHbMJD8
Did you actually read the full study? Their list of "serious adverse reactions" is absurd. These are some on the list: headache, malaise, nausea, diarrhea. And there is a ridiculous list of medical conditions that can happen that have nothing to do with covid or any other vaccine: epilepsy, spontaneous abortion, retinal detachment, vitreol floaters, herpes, pneumonia.

These vaccines are extremely safe. One has to understand how vaccine adverse reactions are reported and quantified. Basically anything that happens after getting a vaccine can be listed as an adverse reaction. It's like asking people what medical conditions they had during the 2 weeks following eating a piece of pizza and listing all those events as "adverse reactions" to pizza.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You provaxxers are really anti my body my choice arenā€™t you?

If absolutely cracks me up that the same people that are now completely free choice advocated for force vaccination 12 months ago.

I mean if thatā€™s not the definition of irony I donā€™t know what is.
I don't give a "F" if someone gets vaccinated or not. My comment was about the people who just can't filter the facts from misinformation and conspiracies. If that's how they want to live then good for them. But it's so apparent that society is getting more moronic as time goes on. Maybe it's just Darwinism at work. šŸ˜†

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why the moderator hadn't deleted this post, I Feel this post was created to cause descension, arguments and divide this forum. VERY SAD
Welcome to the new America. Lovely, isn't it. šŸ¤Ŗ

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The paper said 20-30 people out of 1000 have serious side effects from the vaccine. I defined serious for you. I showed you the EU sponsored pier reviewed paper. I even defined uncommon Vs. Rare. Crickets.

ā€œI donā€™t believe itā€ is not a valid argument. The data is showing these vaccines do harm people.

I love how when science doesnā€™t fit your narrative you change the argument.
You got a list of all the other vaccines in the world and how they compare?
Agree with others that you're not really reading what the report says.

What's the actual death rate of the Covid vaccine?
What's the death rate of people from Covid that were never vaccinated?
Do some actual research and stay away from nutjob information sources.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A side effect is considered serious if the result is: death; life-threatening; hospitalization; disability or permanent damage; or exposure prior to conception or during pregnancy caused birth defect.

Did the paper authors not understand what a serious side effect was? All those degrees but you have to explain what they really meant to say.

.2-.3% of people that take the vaccine have serious side effects. That makes serous side effects uncommon. Follow the science.
Coming from a country where >95% of adults are fully vaccinated, and a region where the rate is higher than that, I should quite literally KNOW at least a few people whoā€™ve had ā€seriousā€ side effects. Yet the number is ZERO.

I do however know a guy who knows a guy who went blind after being vaccinated.ā€¦of course the vaccination caused this to happen. Never mind his general health prior or the fact that he had an aneurysmā€¦

Oh, and I had a reaction too. Developed bursitis in my shoulder about two weeks post second dose. Now, it could be argued that the vaccine caused this, but the truth of the matter is that if you inject nearly anything into the wrong part of the upper arm (too high) youā€™ll likely get similar results. This is documented.

So, was my reaction due to the contents of the vaccine OR was it the result of the poor administration method?
I took the time to ask questions rather than just making the assumption that the vaccine was the cause and then sticking with my story.
Itā€™s amazing what you can learn if you keep an open mind.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You provaxxers are really anti my body my choice arenā€™t you?

If absolutely cracks me up that the same people that are now completely free choice advocated for force vaccination 12 months ago.

I mean if thatā€™s not the definition of irony I donā€™t know what is.
You know what real irony and hypocritical behavior is ... when the same people who say a vaccine should be completely your choice, yet they make laws to try and control what women do with their own body.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So the next big question is whether those complaining about the COVID vaccine will be supporting the vaccination against Monkey Pox ?

Is the MVA vaccine safe or just another hoax? Is it riddled with alien eggs and an infringement of freedoms?

:cwl: :cwl:

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
So the next big question is whether those complaining about the COVID vaccine will be supporting the vaccination against Monkey Pox ?

Is the MVA vaccine safe or just another hoax? Is it riddled with alien eggs and an infringement of freedoms?

:cwl: :cwl:
Those of us who are older (like me) have been vaccinated against smallpox. Done!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I made my point. The point was simple. Say something bad about the vaccine and watch people flock to protect it. The vaccine almost has religious status at this point. The question is why?

Why do people feel the need to protect a drug? Will the same people protect the flu shot or the updated form of the Covid vaccine? Is it more team vaccine Vs team unvaxxed?

There are very few reasons to even protect the vaccine at this point but not even once in any of the responses did someone say ā€œwe need more study on the vaccine side effectsā€. That is very telling about the period we are living in.

I am off to drink beer and swim. I am willing to bet all day I will not here the words ā€œCovidā€ or ā€œvaccineā€. Thatā€™s the way I like it.
But the person who is ignoring the data is YOU.

Of course side effects of any medicinal product are and should be monitored, but when those adverse effects are demonstrated to be insignificant then the product should be used.

Only YOU are using the political words about pro and anti vax. There is NO pro or antivax, just the data, which in this case shows the vaccine is safe, nothing more, nothing less.

There is no 'protection' going on, just simple evidence of safety. If you don't get that then it is YOUR problem not the rest of the world. Why do YOU keep going on about side effects when the evidence points to that not being a serious problem?

We have data on millions of doses of vaccine and the side effects that have been recorded, and that data gathering is continuing now. So we DO NOT need more study on the side effects because a HUGE amount of study has already taken place and is taking place, probably more so than any medicinal product ever because of the volume used.

You are aware that some product never make it through trials or to general use because of side effects? It is precisely why trials and monitoring of medications happens, why countries have adverse reaction processes (independent of drug companies and politicians) and why there is confidence in the many different COVID vaccines. It is why the vaccines YOU have had previously, and the medicines you use get used to treat the dangerous conditions that people encounter.

Stop seeing conspiracies where there are none, stop seeing politics in everything.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
ā€œSo we DO NOT need more study on the side effects because a HUGE amount of study has already taken placeā€

Remember this lady?
A100B738-85B3-4F38-BE26-BE528AA7BC7C.jpeg
You need to quote the whole sentence otherwise the meaning changes to suit your narrative. I have highlighted the additional part to help. The study is ongoing, as it is with any medicinal product. Sorry if it doesn't suit your story ......

'So we DO NOT need more study on the side effects because a HUGE amount of study has already taken place and is taking place, probably more so than any medicinal product ever because of the volume used.'

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So you donā€™t know who she is?
Lisa Shaw died from complications from the AZ vaccine. Not sure why that is making you so excited? At no point have I or anybody said there are NO side effects, but what I have pointed out is how rare they are considering the number of doses given, confirmed by the paper YOU posted.

Do you use Ibuprofen, or Paracetamol or even get the flu vaccine ? People have died as a result of all 3 of those. I don't see you getting all hot under the collar about them?

You fail to mention how many lives have been saved by the COVID vaccine, but then again that doesn't fit your conspiracy agenda.

I do hope you never get ill and need any medication because I guarantee somebody will have died taking the medication you are prescribed. I think you need a lesson on statistics and probability.
Sponsored