Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What you see as a "lie" is more like an indecisive recommendation based on the circumstances at that point in time.
You really are a defender of the faith, aren't you.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Watch for the mid winter surge after all the holidays between now and Jan 2022.
What the hell is going to stop it. We all stay at home and watch life through a video screen?

I can see it now when a kid reaches the age of 10 he or she gets moved into their own pod where they live their life dependent on some entity........

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Same advice goes to you that I gave sk47 above. Read the link and stop believing is misinformation.
But "politifact" is a biased information source. '

Not really sure what you are blabbering on about.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What the hell is going to stop it. We all stay at home and watch life through a video screen?

I can see it now when a kid reaches the age of 10 he or she gets moved into their own pod where they live their life dependent on some entity........
The ultimate social distancing for the future generation. 😄

1632461846808.jpeg

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But "politifact" is a biased information source. '

Not really sure what you are blabbering on about.
Jesus ... try to do some self learning about what the truth really is. He didn't blatantly "lie" about face masks. He made recommendations at the time for reasons going on at that time - then nutjobs twisted it all up (typical American way these days it seems). I just searched and found many articles that say basically that. You and sk47 are truth spinners and misinformation spreaders. Are you actually able to filter the crap from the truth instead of latching on to conspiracy theories and only what you want to believe?

https://www.google.com/search?q=did...q=did+fauci+lie+about+wearing+masks+for+covid

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
What you see as a "lie" is more like an indecisive recommendation based on the circumstances at that point in time. You really are hung up on it aren't you, lol.

Too bad you didn't or don't think the same way about everyone who really lies a lot more in Gov't. 😄

As always, it seems you post claims that are easy to prove to be false. You should really stop putting your foot in your mouth over and over, and instead do some research before latching on to false, misleading and twisted information.

Read this carefully: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...sing-old-fauci-email-falsely-claims-fauci-li/
Hello; I did not get the information from an e-mail. Rather saw him on TV saying the bit about masks. In fact I was already in a discussion in a forum about the new disease the day i saw the news with fauci. I posted that day that I knew better and those reading should not believe him.

He knew the advice he was giving to the general public about masks was false at the moment he said it. He wanted to stop panic buying by the general public so supplies could be had for medical folks. When you knowingly say something to another that you know is false it is not "an indecisive recommendation", it is a lie.
An acceptable lie is when you tell a new parent how cute their new baby is, not when you tell a nation to not wear a mask when you know better yourself.

Those in authority need to do two things to start to revive some trust in the authorities. One is to fire those such a Fauci for reasons already mentioned. The other is to be more honest about things, specifically about natural immunity.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I did not get the information from an e-mail. Rather saw him on TV saying the bit about masks. In fact I was already in a discussion in a forum about the new disease the day i saw the news with fauci. I posted that day that I knew better and those reading should not believe him.

He knew the advice he was giving to the general public about masks was false at the moment he said it. He wanted to stop panic buying by the general public so supplies could be had for medical folks. When you knowingly say something to another that you know is false it is not "an indecisive recommendation", it is a lie.
An acceptable lie is when you tell a new parent how cute their new baby is, not when you tell a nation to not wear a mask when you know better yourself.

Those in authority need to do two things to start to revive some trust in the authorities. One is to fire those such a Fauci for reasons already mentioned. The other is to be more honest about things, specifically about natural immunity.
You obviously didn't read the link or go search for yourself. Only locked on to this so called "lie" in your mind that seems to really stay with you. Did you react the same when people in even higher places actually lied for 4 years ... or just don't recall any of that?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Fact check: Outdated video of Fauci saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask” | Reuters

“A video circulating on social media shows Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.” Fauci’s remarks were made on March 8, 2020 and do not represent his current stance on face coverings nor the updated guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”

“In the clip, Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.””

“As Fauci told the Washington Post here , at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks were not recommended for the general public, as authorities were trying to prevent a mask shortage for health workers and the extent of asymptomatic spread was unknown.”

Hello; I highlighted and underlined the needed parts. I get that the “lie” is being reframed as the “good lie”.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
. I get that the “lie” is being reframed as the “good lie”.
But I haven't seen any real evidence the masks work. We all masked up and the case count kept rising.

When I first researched covid virus size it came up as .01 or some thing, I don't remember but it was 100 times smaller than what the N95 mask can stop.

Then when fraudski said masks work they said the virus was larger than what the n95 mask can stop

So lies and more lies

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You two most likely don't believe in mask anyway, and if you had the choice would probably never wear one anywhere in public regardless of what was going on with the virus spread or what was recommended by the CDC or anyone else.

So even if there wasn't clear direction or solid recommendations in the beginning about the benefits of wearing a mask or not, or if someone actually "lied" about it or not (which he really didn't based on many sources), then this clinging on to this supposed "lie" seems to be trying to push some other agenda. You should worry more about the real lies that people are told.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I highlighted and underlined the needed parts. I get that the “lie” is being reframed as the “good lie”.
The link below was in your post. Seems some people are Incapable of understanding the reasoning on how things unfolded and how things changed as it unfolded - and it's still unfolding, so hang on. This takes some critical thinking to really understand, and unfortunately critical thinking is something that diminishes the farther society goes down the road to every increasing idiocracy.

Video: July 24, 2020

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fact check: Outdated video of Fauci saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask” | Reuters

“A video circulating on social media shows Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.” Fauci’s remarks were made on March 8, 2020 and do not represent his current stance on face coverings nor the updated guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”

“In the clip, Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.””

“As Fauci told the Washington Post here , at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks were not recommended for the general public, as authorities were trying to prevent a mask shortage for health workers and the extent of asymptomatic spread was unknown.”

I don’t understand how you even vaguely perceive it as a lie. I guess you just want to believe that he wasn‘t telling the truth, rather than accept that the advice he was giving was relevant to what was happening at the time.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
But I haven't seen any real evidence the masks work. We all masked up and the case count kept rising.

When I first researched covid virus size it came up as .01 or some thing, I don't remember but it was 100 times smaller than what the N95 mask can stop.

Then when fraudski said masks work they said the virus was larger than what the n95 mask can stop

So lies and more lies
Hello; These most recent posts on here have been enlightening. While I figured anyone who witnessed Fauci back in March of 2020 would see the lie, I now see that his supporters and even Fauci himself have done some spinning to try to revise history.

Some chronology is in order. By March of 2020 the official word was still the six foot distance would work and the virus was still assumed to be spread much like the other virus were on cough and sneeze droplets. Not yet understanding the virus had an airborne component. So the accepted idea of the time was the masks would work just fine for covid as they had for other virus.

Under the above conditions and having been a doctor for decades, Fauci knew, just as I knew, that a mask was worth having on. It was not new knowledge nor new understanding, but what was already known for a long time. That knowledge and understanding by fauci is what makes it a lie. His understanding did not have to evolve, just as my understanding did not have to evolve. He knew better at the time when he made the statements. By then we all knew there was a new virus in town and it was spreading fast. He was out to save the mask supply for health care workers, so he lied to us.

Another point. I did wear a mask when going into stores in the days before the shots. I did so even after I understood the virus was airborne. The irony is after the virus was understood to be airborne that meant the virus would pass freely thru most masks we ordinary people could get. Even the N-95 allow some pass thru. So, in fact, the airborne component made most masks nearly useless. There was still a small level of efficiency with the masks in terms of coughs and sneezes, but airborne virus could pass thru. Not sure exactly how close this comment is but have read that if you can smell smoke when wearing a mask, then the virus can get thru. May not be exact but likely is close enough.

That the virus is airborne does reduce the value of most masks to be sure. There is an irony of the situation. Back when Fauci was telling the general public to not get masks with the hidden reason being to have enough for medical workers, he was working under the notion the new virus was carried on droplets. Had the droplet notion actually been the case it would have been more helpful for the general public to have masks on early in the outbreak. The masks would have worked well for a virus carried on droplets. He knew that, or should have from being in his position, but decided to tell us we did not need masks anyway.
A twist of fate was that the virus is airborne so will pass thru most masks easy, but now we have mask mandates in many places.
Sponsored