Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Why all the hatred and anger toward religion?

Live and let live. I don't care if people believe or don't believe, it doesn't affect me in any way. Same with all the other lifestyle choices, I don't give a rip. Just don't force your ideas on me. I sure won't force mine on you.

Climate change believers have more in common with religious zealots then real scientists.
Sponsored

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
he conceit of the Climate change people is that all good behavior must come from these guiding principles. Further, that someone who rejects their beliefs simply isn't capable of being a good person. There is an assumption that people who lack the guidance of the climate change people lack morals, ethics, and compassion.
Hey I fixed it for you.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Threads like this are funny.... idiots on both sides puking out their bumper sticker talking points as if... one day, just one day, the person they are arguing with will somehow miraculous say "Oh my, I never thought of that... You have completely changed my mind and realize I have been incorrect".

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, science daily...I‘m sure that study sent ripples through the scientific community with its findings.

Damn I wish you would read the article before you cite it as “proof” of the failure of science...

"A randomized controlled trial would help to establish cause and effect but none were found in the literature."

If you don’t understand the significance of that statement, I can’t help you.
I couldn’t make this shit up.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I did read it and I do understand it. They found that kids who drank whole milk were not as often overweight.

In stead of proclaiming "skim milk makes kids fat" (like climate sceientists are doing with climate change) they are doing more studies to find out if it is the milk or other things in these kids environment.

Sounds like sound science to me.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You seem to have this slightly backwards.
You're assuming that humans didn’t have the capacity for empathy prior to the invention of organised religion.
Have you considered the possibility that religion simply took basic human nature and formalised it and somewhat fucked it up along the way?
Ever wondered why Jesus needed to come back and explain the rules that had slightly changed?
Doesn’t seem all that consistent with the work of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being.
You’d think this god might have got it right in the first instance...

My morals don’t come from a god.
They stem from a fundamental understanding of the impact of my behaviour on others.
People who lack this are generally known as psychopaths or sociopaths (to a lesser extent).
Notice how they aren’t described as “godless”?

Any species that lacks this ability, is going to struggle to survive for any extended period of time.

It‘s basically the anthropic principle.
A society that lacks empathy won’t exist, and therefore won’t be asking such questions.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You seem to have this slightly backwards.
You're assuming that humans didn’t have the capacity for empathy prior to the invention of organised religion.
Have you considered the possibility that religion simply took basic human nature and formalised it and somewhat fucked it up along the way?
Ever wondered why Jesus needed to come back and explain the rules that had slightly changed?
Doesn’t seem all that consistent with the work of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being.
You’d think this god might have got it right in the first instance...

My morals don’t come from a god.
They stem from a fundamental understanding of the impact of my behaviour on others.
People who lack this are generally known as psychopaths or sociopaths (to a lesser extent).
Notice how they aren’t described as “godless”?

Any species that lacks this ability, is going to struggle to survive for any extended period of time.

It‘s basically the anthropic principle.
A society that lacks empathy won’t exist, and therefore won’t be asking such questions.
Hello; Tell me about a pride of lions whose dominant male get killed and replaced by a younger male who takes his place.
One of the first things the new pride male will do is to kill off the offspring of the male he just killed. This apparently is so he can mate with the females sooner and have his genes in a new batch of cubs. At least that is how it is often explained by the humans doing the studies.
Lions have been around a while.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Tell me about a pride of lions whose dominant male get killed and replaced by a younger male who takes his place.
One of the first things the new pride male will do is to kill off the offspring of the male he just killed. This apparently is so he can mate with the females sooner and have his genes in a new batch of cubs. At least that is how it is often explained by the humans doing the studies.
Lions have been around a while.
You seem confused.
Did you not notice in your reply that you were referring to a very specific instance of what you might refer to as a lack of conscience...
Those godless lions seem to somehow be capable of NOT killing each other for no reason whatsoever, but will do so when it comes to their right to breed.
Weird right?
It seems that if they had no conscience whatsoever, the cubs would be killing each other as soon as they were capable of inflicting that level of injury... and yet they don’t. Maybe the cubs WOULD kill one another if food was a scarce enough resource?
Maybe the system they have in place has served them well (apex predator) over the course of their evolutionary history.

Who knew that the younger, stronger lion might have better genes that give HIS offspring a better chance of survival than his predecessor...

Questions. They’re always worth asking.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Lions are social anmials, same as wolves. A Male bear will eat his own offspring......
Sponsored