OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lions are social anmials, same as wolves. A Male bear will eat his own offspring......
Clearly they aren’t doing it frequently enough to cause the demise of the species...
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Clearly they aren’t doing it frequently enough to cause the demise of the species...
That is because the female bear is real protective of her cubs.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Would we have bears if she wasn’t?
That is a question that cannot be answered with 100% accuracy. Speculation is young bears would be easy meals for male bears and would end the species.

Unless bears bread like rodents, several litters per year and each litter consisting of 10 plus babies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is actually hilarious. The causal link hasn’t been established, just the observation.
The study you cited failed to make any other observations with regard to OTHER dietary intake that was taking place in the group.
Have you considered the possibility that majority of the parents of the skim-milk drinking population might have been genetically predisposed to obesity and that they were using skim milk in an attempt to prevent their children going down the same path? No?
Hmmm. I wonder what other factors could have played a role? Seems that you’re fine with the first thing that’s thrown at you. Good for you. The rest of us require more evidence.

See above. I can’t fix your apparent lack of scepticism.

The preponderance of evidence suggests you do.

I’m not sure exactly, and I’m comfortable with not having an exact answer. However, there’s many religions that pre-date the Abrahamic religions and plenty of saviours that pre-date Jesus. They were also born of a virgin yada yada...the concept was hardly novel by any means.

Well...you’re more than welcome to return to an era that predates the scientific method. Oh the fun you could have with all those pesky viruses and no germ theory or theory of evolution to help you out. You could even live to the ripe old age of 50 if your teeth didn’t kill you first. Of course, you could just have them removed, but you’d be doing it without a decent painkiller or antiseptic. Your call.

This doesn’t warrant a response.

Erm...I think you meant to say “I think I know why”.
It‘s funny that you accuse scientists of espousing absolute certainty (which they don’t) and then make statements of absolute certainty on things that you can’t even possibly know for sure. Lol. The hypocrisy is surreal.

Wait...so you believe that an all-powerful being that can see into the future, couldn’t predict that he/she/it would need to make a new set of rules? Seems kind of weird.
What kind of idiot runs an experiment in the full knowledge that it’s fatally flawed?

Server is having difficulties, can’t quote any more or your dribble.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The quote function has shit the bed.
This will have to do.

Yes, to some extent it’s a trial and error thing. Watch a toddler learn how to interact with his peers. They quickly learn that their actions have consequences. Start pushing people around and you get pushed back. Pretty simple right?

Can you even give me an example of “bad behaviour” that doesn’t impact anyone? I don’t even understand the concept of what you’re trying to convey here.

I’m not the one professing to have ANY understanding of a god or its will. It’s like a non-sequitur.

Oh, I HAVE read it..,that’s how most atheists are created. It’s often the religious who haven’t actually read it from cover to cover.
Tell me, do you think a woman should be forced to marry her rapist?
Do you eat shellfish?
Any particular thoughts on the kind of beatings you are allowed to administer to your slaves? Are you cool with their owner walking free if they don’t die within a couple of days or do you think it should be a week?

Don‘t get me wrong, like all decent literature, it serves as a decent allegorical tale, as long as the reader isn’t so open minded that their brain falls out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
*facepalms repeatedly

You‘re taking the piss right?
The study did NOT “prove” (In any scientific sense of the word) that either milk was necessarily superior in terms of its impact on obesity. This is absolutely foundational to why you reject science. You simply have not a fucking clue how it works.
Hamdy hint: the study is foundationally flawed, which is precisely why the authors made the comment that I quoted earlier. That statement was specifically tailored to people like yourself, who aren’t able to recognise the flaws. Jesus....

Good scientists are sceptical of EVERY claim. The difference is, they go and learn more when they don’t understand. Oh, and they PROVE their ideas, rather than just spit-balling. So there’s that....
It’s a shame you don’t apply the same scepticism to the religion your parents/peers/social network provided you with.
Ever wondered why you’re not a Muslim?

Annnd the quote function just shat itself again...

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyways, I’m done with this.
Once you work out that ALL the holy books make all sorts of outrageous claims, you’ll realise just how pedestrian your favourite one is.
It‘s actually easier to explain to a child that Santa doesn't exist than it is to reason with an adult who believes in fairy tales.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Facepalms AGAIN!
I’m NOT claiming that EITHER of them are superior.
Im saying that the study is FLAWED. Which part of that is hard to comprehend?

Ok, fuck it. Let’s do a study.

I‘ve observed that icecream sales go up in the summer.
Therefore the consumption of ice cream causes summer to occur.
What’s wrong with my study?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You keep falling into the trap of dichotomous thinking.
I said that my morals didn’t come from a deity. Does that instantly leave the only candidate answer as “self taught”? Does it occur to you that it might be possible that SOME of it might be self-taught, and some it may come from OTHER sources?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I said that we learn by trial and error. I didn’t say it was the ONLY source...

Practical examples?
1. Try to be a good cunt.
2. Don’t be an actual cunt.
3. Help those who need help, if and when you can.
4. Think for yourself. Question your beliefs and why you hold them and how they impact both yourself and others.
5. Don’t kill animals except as a source of nutrition. Eg, Hunting for “sport” isn‘t a sport. (Did the bible have anything to say about that one? I don’t recall.)
6. If you must kill an animal, do it as humanely as is possible with the tools and methods available. (Notice now there’s some flexibility to suit the situation?)
7. Try and leave the world a better place than you found it.

Where do they come from?
Well, I guess some of them come from my parents, some from the community, and some are just ideals that I prefer to live by.
The fact that they make my life more pleasant is probably the reward. The appreciation shown by others is another reward.

What I don’t need is the threat of eternal punishment to make me do these things. Maybe that’s where we differ the most?

I certainly don’t donate my time to teaching underprivileged kids how to drive in order to get brownie points from a being I don’t believe to exist, that I promise you.
Imagine giving someone a leg-up in life for the simple joy of it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sponsored