SC Ruby's Whipple Build

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Any plans to take the car to the drag strip for fun to see what times you can get on the new 5.2L set up?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
diggin the custom forklift:D

and i bet your UPS man loves you :cheers:

[MENTION=17050]jvandy50[/MENTION] LOL Yeah I checked Hillbank on that, but it falls in line with their style of having fun and a great sense of humor at their shop.

So when I hit the lottery I'm just going to ask for the Dennis package :)

[MENTION=7394]DarkSubRosa[/MENTION] Winning the lottery definitely would've made it easier :doh:

I just want the "Dennis bank account" lol

[MENTION=13520]Evolvd[/MENTION] Definitely has put a hurt on the slush fund :doh: What's funny is when I bought the car I originally had a budget of $15K for mods :eyebulge: Guess I'm over budget :frusty: :headbonk:

Nice!
And the parts keep on coming.

[MENTION=17124]Stage_3[/MENTION] Just a few more and the build begins :D

Any plans to take the car to the drag strip for fun to see what times you can get on the new 5.2L set up?

[MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] I most likely wont do any drag strip racing, but will definitely be doing some Shift Sector events :thumbsup:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@Evolvd Definitely has put a hurt on the slush fund :doh: What's funny is when I bought the car I originally had a budget of $15K for mods :eyebulge: Guess I'm over budget :frusty: :headbonk:
LOL no kidding...I'm at 15K and not even supercharged nor have I done any engine internals!

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
New Motor Valve Covers

With the 5.2L motor going into the car, it was only fitting to make sure it had a new set of valve covers it deserved ;)

Getting Modesta Coating applied

Sponsored

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
The Build Begins !!!!!

After a long wait for all the parts to arrive the actual motor build has begun. I can't thank [MENTION=19693]Will@Whipple[/MENTION] enough for all his hard work in putting this motor build together :hail: :hail:

The operating table :D

ARP Main studs after the block being lined honed.

ARP side bilts. ARP everything :D

One of the main features of the GT350 block is it has been completely de-burred by hand in all oil galleys and coolant passages, also a good clear image of the Plasma Arc Coated liners. No need for sleeves :headbang:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Awesome stuff Dennis. :thumbsup:
Keep us posted throughout the build!

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Awesome stuff Dennis. :thumbsup:
Keep us posted throughout the build!
@Stage3 Thank you my friend :cheers: As i get updates I will be posting them up and keeping everyone in the loop :thumbsup:

Sponsored

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
With the 5.2L motor going into the car, it was only fitting to make sure it had a new set of valve covers it deserved ;)

Getting Modesta Coating applied

That last pic :love:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
The Build Continues !!!!!

More parts are in and the build continues. As of now I'm expected to pick it up on Saturday 7/15 :D Then it'll be at Hillbank for a few final mods and over to Need4Speed for my new Project6GR Fives to be installed :cheers: I can't thank [MENTION=19693]Will@Whipple[/MENTION] enough for his custom specs and building of this incredible motor for me :hail: :hail: :hail:

The Short Block build is complete. Some of these pictures show off the micro-polished crank journals, no scratches, no swirls which mean no friction on the bearing surfaces. All internals are forged and have been cryogenic treated and micro-polished for strength, durability and performance.

And here are the Livernois Race Series Cylinder Heads. Manley 0.5mm Over sized Stainless Steel Intake and Exhaust Valves, Manley Extreme Valve Springs, Fully CNC Ported Combustion Chambers, Intake and Exhaust ports finished off with a hand polishing to the ports. These heads will flow close to 80cfm more than the stock heads.

Here is the Billet Custom Grind Comp Cams that will provide over 500 Lift and 280 Duration. These are a one off grind, designed for the additional RPM and Boost of this 5.2L build.

McLeod RXT1200HD Clutch Lightened Steel Flywheel that just came back from being welded and balanced to ensure durability with the high RPM and power from the new motor.

Picture of the Ben Calimer Stage 2 TR6060 transmission that'll be going in. Stage 2 will easily handle 1200+ HP with bronze pads, upgraded Carbon & hybrid syncros, cryo treatment and rem polishing of all the internals. Also comes with a Billet Crossmember. This will be matched up with the MGW shifter and Blowfish bracket for smooth, seamless shifts.

New Calipers from the GT350R brake conversion kit getting installed just came back from being powder coated Ruby Red.

Wonder what these are being measured for???? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
:hail: Ok, that's it, I'm throwing in the towel. This car, build, project what have you just can't be beat. I'm speechless Dennis, just wow :first:

Will is top notch, we are all lucky to have him in the world of Whipple but you are lucky to have him so close (sux being across the country). Dustin and Will are a forced to be reckoned with and now your car is the one to rule them all.

Humbly, and I mean HUMBLY,

Jaime

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Insert loooong whistle. Dennis I expect you to easily go 200 mph in the Sector events. One thing is missing - a Ruby Red Snell approved helmet
This is a dream-build!
Sponsored