Sponsored

Ruby's Transformation

RubyRed16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red
After much searching and many phone calls I finally found the Mustang for me. It had to be ruby red premium with auto and the 401A package at a reasonable price. That sounds easy enough but easy it was not. I picked the car up on July 7, 2016. Although I like the S550, I feel as though I can build on where Ford left off. I plan to document all of Ruby's transformation here so let the mods begin!

Current mods: (08/19/2016)

Exhaust
ARK Performance Grip Catback

Wheels
19" x 10" Aces Convex Titanium on 285/35/19 Nitto NT555 G2's

Engine
Stock (For Now)

Under the Hood
Redline hood struts

Drivetrain
Stock (For Now)

Suspension
Steeda Progressive Springs

Exterior
5.0 and Horse Satin Black Badges
Sponsored

OP
OP

RubyRed16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red
Here she is the day I brought her home.

OP
OP

RubyRed16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red
The first mod I added was window tint. I went with 30 percent which actually looks darker than I expected on this car. The next mod was to get her some new shoes! I searched the web and this forum until I found the look that I wanted. I called Paul up at Need4Speed and he hooked me up with 19x10 Ace Convex Alloys in Titanium and Nitto NT555 G2s squared. They arrived quickly, packaged very well, tires mounted with sensors and lugs included. They fit perfect and was the exact look I wanted. Thank you Paul!

OP
OP

RubyRed16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red
I installed a set of Steeda progressive springs to get the stance correct. Since this is my DD, I was concerned about giving up ride quality but I am very pleased with these springs.

I also installed satin black 5.0 and horse emblems. It is amazing how different the car looks now with only a few small mods.

OP
OP

RubyRed16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red
The next mod that I felt needed to happen was to replace the factory exhaust with something that sounds and looks great. I, like so many others, watched every video and read the forums over and over to try to determine which exhaust to purchase. It is a difficult decision without having the opportunity to hear each exhaust system in person on the S550. I narrowed it down to basically two systems and my final decision was based off customer reviews of the quality of the product and the uniqueness of the system. I chose the ARK Grip exhaust system. The quality of this cat back exhaust is simply amazing. I was expecting it to be nice because I read reviews and researched the ARK Grip system on the web but I can honestly say that I was very impressed. The fitment was equally impressive. I have the luxury of having access to a lift so that made installation easier but it took all of 30 minutes to remove the original exhaust, unpack the ARK exhaust and perform the install. All required clamps and hardware was included with the system. Now for the important question, how does it sound? The ARK exhaust has a nice deep tone when at idle, under normal acceleration and cruising down the highway. I don’t notice any drone which is a huge plus of this system. The J pipes seem to work. It does have a little rasp to it when revving the engine when it’s not under load. I personally like the rasp but exhaust systems are a very personal preference modification like wheels. Here are a few photos and I will post a video soon.

Sponsored