SC Ruby's Whipple Build

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I was about to sell a kidney when I saw the price of the pads front and rear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
I was about to sell a kidney when I saw the price of the pads front and rear.
LOL Save your kidney worth more then rear pads :lol:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Color

[MENTION=8271]JWS[/MENTION] I had the spacers on with my factory PP wheels. These are the test set of the new Project6gr wheels that were used for a photo shoot so I didn't bother lowering the car on with my KW V3's since they were just on the car for a few days. When my set comes in I will lower it to match the new wheels and tires. For the final sets that come in they will have the weights color matched for the wheels to blend in better. Thanks for the comments on the hood and window tint. What color is your S550?
WW

vickifernandez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
question

Your car looks great!
I installed a whipple supercharger in my mustang but it pops like crazy. Does yours? If not, how did you fix it?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Your car looks great!
I installed a whipple supercharger in my mustang but it pops like crazy. Does yours? If not, how did you fix it?

[MENTION=23720]vickifernandez[/MENTION] Congratulations on the Whipple :cheers: Not sure exactly what you mean by "pops"? The only issue I had was driving it with the traction control on I would always get the hesitation when the Whipple power and traction control were fighting against each other. I now drive the car 100 % in track mode and no more problems. When putting it in track mode I learned you have to have your foot on the brake and then toggle to track mode and hold it for 10 seconds to fully disengage the electronic traction control.

Sponsored

vickifernandez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
My car makes a small backfiring noise when I start to release the gas. It isn't a huge sounds but it sounds like popcorn popping but loud enough to that it's annoying.
I had flowmaster outlaws installed because I wanted my car to sound loud but the performance shop said to change to the Corsa sport exhaust system. The "popping" sound didn't stop and my cat sounds muffled now.

Can you post a video of you car? What exhaust system do you have or is it stock?

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
My car makes a small backfiring noise when I start to release the gas. It isn't a huge sounds but it sounds like popcorn popping but loud enough to that it's annoying.
I had flowmaster outlaws installed because I wanted my car to sound loud but the performance shop said to change to the Corsa sport exhaust system. The "popping" sound didn't stop and my cat sounds muffled now.

Can you post a video of you car? What exhaust system do you have or is it stock?

[MENTION=23720]vickifernandez[/MENTION] I have the Bassani 3" catback. If you go to their website they have a couple of videos. Sometimes I hear a little popcorn sound but not much. I think it comes from the increased air flow from the supercharger.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
[MENTION=23720]vickifernandez[/MENTION] Congratulations on the Whipple :cheers: Not sure exactly what you mean by "pops"? The only issue I had was driving it with the traction control on I would always get the hesitation when the Whipple power and traction control were fighting against each other. I now drive the car 100 % in track mode and no more problems. When putting it in track mode I learned you have to have your foot on the brake and then toggle to track mode and hold it for 10 seconds to fully disengage the electronic traction control.
Thanks for posting this. I had that surge/hesitation feel when driving. Kind of got me bummed. And Whipple is coming up w a restrictor that might fix the surge/hesitation feel. And I'll try the track mode today and see if it's gone. Since when I go 5th gear pulls it hesitates at low rpm then it would go once it reaches a certain rpm. Thanks for this. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks again mr. Dennis

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this. I had that surge/hesitation feel when driving. Kind of got me bummed. And Whipple is coming up w a restrictor that might fix the surge/hesitation feel. And I'll try the track mode today and see if it's gone. Since when I go 5th gear pulls it hesitates at low rpm then it would go once it reaches a certain rpm. Thanks for this. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks again mr. Dennis

[MENTION=13292]rio16[/MENTION] Good morning! I saw your post this morning in regards to the Whipple fix. Sounds like that is addressing the hesitation a lot of us feel around 2800 rpms. I just noticed that again this morning on the way to work. One thing I love about Whipple is how they always offer solutions/fixes for issues that arise. I'm actually going up to Whipple next week to leave my car with them for a week for a few things. I'll add this to the list. Have a great day!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23720]vickifernandez[/MENTION] I have the Bassani 3" catback. If you go to their website they have a couple of videos. Sometimes I hear a little popcorn sound but not much. I think it comes from the increased air flow from the supercharger.
Completely normal. My Roush's pop like crazy. Just wanted to add my two pennies.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
[MENTION=13292]rio16[/MENTION] Good morning! I saw your post this morning in regards to the Whipple fix. Sounds like that is addressing the hesitation a lot of us feel around 2800 rpms. I just noticed that again this morning on the way to work. One thing I love about Whipple is how they always offer solutions/fixes for issues that arise. I'm actually going up to Whipple next week to leave my car with them for a week for a few things. I'll add this to the list. Have a great day!
yes amen to that. I got an email for the fix in couple hours and sending me a part already. Nice can't wait to see whats new for your build :cheers: have a great week

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Small Interior Mod

Just added the new Trufiber Recaro Seat Inserts. These are complete replacements for the factory plastic pieces and very well built.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Just added the new Trufiber Recaro Seat Inserts. These are complete replacements for the factory plastic pieces and very well built.

As usual Dennis absolutely sick!

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
As usual Dennis absolutely sick!

[MENTION=13665]V8Venom[/MENTION] Thanks Mike :cheers: You still going to be out here on the 20th? Let me know if you have any spare time in your schedule. We actually have a cruise and BBQ planned for the 21st, your're more then welcome :cheers:

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13665]V8Venom[/MENTION] Thanks Mike :cheers: You still going to be out here on the 20th? Let me know if you have any spare time in your schedule. We actually have a cruise and BBQ planned for the 21st, your're more then welcome :cheers:
Wish I could hang. I got my test the 21st then I'm flying back right after.
Sponsored